ADVERTISEMENT

I'm very sorry to have to report this . . .

Was there much in the way of icy roads down there this morning?

Indy (mostly 38th street south) was a mess. Hadn't thought about an accident but that could have happened if the roads were bad enough.

so sad...

Feel terrible for his kids. What a great guy. Will be greatly missed. If anyone gets more details on funeral or where things can be sent please let me know. Would like to send something to his kids.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Really sad to hear

For many years he was the face of this board. Sad night, indeed.

MORE INFO.....

Apparently it was a heart attack this morning at work. He said he didn't feel well and collapsed. I had a HA 19 months ago and remembered telling him about it. Damn this is such a shame. I'm sure he didn't think he was THAT sick....

Well....

it didn't seem that bad but I don't know if this was accident related.

Extremely sad. Just saw the news on FaceBook.

My heart goes out to his children.

Kirsch IU

So sad. Never had pleasure to meet him but he was a poster who you...

felt like you knew because he was so natural and laid back (unless an areola was involved). Even the last couple years it was always a nice surprise to see him pop up with a post.

Damn. And age 40. He will be missed.

Very sad

I don't post a lot but read through the board several times a week. To me the OTF is like a friendly neighborhood bar and Aruss was the bartender. I always read his post

Dammit

Guys, I've said it before, because it happened to me too, but good Gawd, go get check ups. Check your cholesterol, pay attention to if you've been more tired lately, stomach issues, etc. $hit can happen and there aren't always do-overs with these kinds of events. It's horrible beyond words to leave behind young children and others who love you when this kind of stuff can be prevented. All the damb money that gets spent on breast cancer and awareness (and i know it's important) but heart disease kills many times more people every year.

This post was edited on 12/2 8:07 PM by hoosierdug

speechless. . .

He was one guy that I communicated with outside Peegs. I never met him, But we emailed occasionally and were FB friends. He was just in Chicago and I offered some suggestions on what to do.

I am numb.

Awful news. Too cruel and short.

I especially feel for his kids. We're they living with him?

Now I'm Just Mad

I know 30 prick lawyers who don't deserve to take another breath, but Andy Russell is gone?

No f'n way that is fair.

I have grievances.

WTF?

I am shocked and saddened by this news...

Bleedcreamandcrimson was also in that trio with me and Aruss in getting the OTF started. I spent many nights right here just posting back and forth all the stupid crap you can imagine. Also met him a few times, just hanging out. He was a great person and will be missed. To this day every time I pass through Columbus I would try to get him on the phone to see what was going on.

RIP Andy.

Absolutely Devastating

I got a phone call this morning shortly after it happened and have been numb ever since. As was previously mentioned, Andy died from a massive heart attack. Andy was truly one of the really good guys. I've had the pleasure of calling him a friend for 25+ years and will miss him dearly. In the world of internet message boards we sometimes forget that there are real people behind usernames. With that in mind, I want you to know that Andy was a great father, brother, son and friend. He loved his family, the Grateful Dead and all things IU. He was always good for a laugh and a cold beer. He has had a pretty bumpy road the last few years due to a divorce and his father's health issues, but he always persevered.

Andy, you were taken away way too soon. The OTF in the sky got an awesome new member today.

RIP ARuss/NFA

Hard to comprehend

I felt like I knew him, he busted some balls here but never was a dick to anyone in the Peegs community that I can recall and based upon his recent FB posts, he really seemed to be finding happiness again with his kids and new girl.

RIP Andy.

very nice, complimentary post

And I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. Although I never met him, he emailed me a couple of times and was very nice. I wanted to say that it's nice to see you point out all of his wonderful attributes.

oh my god. got a chance to meet him last

year. Great guy. I went to several jeep dealerships for him taking pics and telling him what was up with jeeps he was interested in. He was one of the nicest people I ever met. Sad sad day. I feel horrible for his kids. Damn

I'm at a complete loss for words.

I've only ever met one OTFer in person that I know of, but I consider the entire board to be friends. I'm kind of numb right now. RIP Andy.

Thank you for this post

I'm so sorry for your (and our) loss. Great, great post. It's always the good ones.....

ADVERTISEMENT