ADVERTISEMENT

I'm sure that I'm not the only one that has noticed things appear to look good..

for us with Cam Williams. According to the "experts", he's leaning heavily towards B'town!! I'm having difficulty containing my giddiness: this news, our class in general, combined with the beautiful weather today, which seems like 70* after such a frigid autumn.

Hope you're correct.

He sounds like he could see some early playing time in big games.

Hope we get to see him out there in an INDIANA University uniform.

for us with Cam Williams. According to the "experts", he's leaning heavily towards B'town!! I'm having difficulty containing my giddiness: this news, our class in general, combined with the beautiful weather today, which seems like 70* after such a frigid autumn.
Would love tk have that kid! Although PU is getting the "last look" visit, I really like our chances on landing him. I really like our chances with Bell too. Bell has an in home visit with PU tomorrow. And PU will probably pass on Cam to keep room for Bell. Would be really funny if Bell spurned the great Brohmdoodoo for the Hoosiers!!!

Would love tk have that kid! Although PU is getting the "last look" visit, I really like our chances on landing him. I really like our chances with Bell too. Bell has an in home visit with PU tomorrow. And PU will probably pass on Cam to keep room for Bell. Would be really funny if Bell spurned the great Brohmdoodoo for the Hoosiers!!!
Let's hope we read a headline about Williams canceling that visit here in the next couple of days. & as for Bell, it seems like the longer this goes, the better our chances get. I think what's helping us is the fact that Purdue has already 2 outstanding WR pledges, not to mention the Freshman wonderkind.

Let's hope we read a headline about Williams canceling that visit here in the next couple of days. & as for Bell, it seems like the longer this goes, the better our chances get. I think what's helping us is the fact that Purdue has already 2 outstanding WR pledges, not to mention the Freshman wonderkind.

I don't think the timing on Bell is all that informative as he set an announcement date of the Army All American game quite awhile ago

If we get Bell and Williams, that would probably give us a top 25 class. That's what it's going to take in this division to get to the promised land!!!

I've been riding this ole horse for decades, what's a few more years!!

Of seeming concern, though: why is a 4-star Rivals 250 player “only” having official visits with IU and Purdue? The ‘bigger’ fish like USC and FSU backed off offers long ago. No UM, no tO$U. Something just seems awry. Purdue just doesn’t seem to be trying that hard to get him, they’ve passed on visiting him recently, don’t even seem to be holding a spot for him. He didn’t make all-state this week. Still want him here very much, but why isn’t he being pursued harder by others? Dunno. Even U of Cinn, his third finalist, seems to have lost interest.

Last edited:
If we get Bell and Williams, that would probably give us a top 25 class. That's what it's going to take in this division to get to the promised land!!!

I've been riding this ole horse for decades, what's a few more years!!

That would not be too far off.....right now Wisconsin has 18 commits, 6 of which are 4*....IU has 17/3.

Reactions: td75
Of seeming concern, though: why is a 4-star Rivals 250 player “only” having official visits with IU and Purdue? The ‘bigger’ fish like USC and FSU backed off offers long ago. No UM, no tO$U. Something just seems awry. Purdue just doesn’t seem to be trying that hard to get him, they’ve passed on visiting him recently, don’t even seem to be holding a spot for him. He didn’t make all-state this week. Still want him here very much, but why isn’t he being pursued harder by others? Dunno. Even U of Cinn, his third finalist, seems to have lost interest.

I saw mention on the Purdue forum awhile back of possible grade issues, fwiw.

No offense to Mr. Williams, who I'd love to get, but we're getting visits from a good # of big OL & DTs....I'd love to see us get 3/4 of those guys.

Reactions: vesuvius13
That's what I would refer to as "over thinking" this, my friend. No one knows how good this, or any other kid really is. A large part of his value for us anyway is that he's one of the highest ranked kids in the state--regardless of how good he actually ends up being, landing him further establishes our in state recruiting, which is massively important for us.

I read on the Purdue board earlier this fall that Williams might have eligibility issues. They only have one more scholarship available and it sounds like they are holding it for David Bell. If that is true then it seems like IU is the favorite to get Williams. Getting Bell would be awesome too and maybe we can I don't know. Purdue already has a big number of WRs committed. They throw it a lot but there is only one ball.

I read on the Purdue board earlier this fall that Williams might have eligibility issues. They only have one more scholarship available and it sounds like they are holding it for David Bell. If that is true then it seems like IU is the favorite to get Williams. Getting Bell would be awesome too and maybe we can I don't know. Purdue already has a big number of WRs committed. They throw it a lot but there is only one ball.

There is a 99.999999% chance that Bell signs with Purdue. It’s been known for quite a while. The only question standing in the way was whether or not Brohm was staying.

I hope your right...Good Lord do we need some good LB's. That was tough to watch this year!

I hope your right...Good Lord do we need some good LB's. That was tough to watch this year!
Yeah, our front 7 was poor this season, very disappointing. I knew we'd struggle at LB, but the D-line was atrocious. We've added 23 DE's(practically)the last couple of classes & have absolutely nothing to show for it, so far. I think James Miller has potential, & I like the potential of Bonhomme too, but they will still be very young, of course. McFadden flashed real potential this year too. Obviously Williams would be a terrific get for us. We need OT's more than anything though, imo, & from what I hear, we're going to be back to zero in this class soon. That's typical IU football--the only decomms(recently)we have are at the position we most need help. IF this comes to pass, that is, which I'm quite certain it will. We do have hands in a lot of other OT pots though, the staff knows we'll need them terribly.

There is a 99.999999% chance that Bell signs with Purdue. It’s been known for quite a while. The only question standing in the way was whether or not Brohm was staying.

I do not believe it is as .1% away from locked as you do. Not saying PU is not in the mix...they are...as I believe he (& his family) prefer he be closer to home. But I don't think you are in David Bell's inner circle and don't believe it is the "guaranteed lock" yet that you say it is. TBD but if he doesn't go to PU, promise the board you'll come back and write a post along lines of:

I said Bell was all but guaranteed at Purdue, but it turns out that wasn't the case. I admit now to everyone I don't know anything anyone else does, but I like to speculate a lot. Please ignore my future guarantees as really they are just me acting like I'm in the know when I'm not."

I want such harsh post because if you are wrong it would really prove how silly you look. If he does go to PU, then you can have your bragging rights. I'm personally not sold yet it's that guaranteed.

"so you're saying there's a chance".

out of curiosity, what is it Bell loves about PU.

hard to have 2 better underclassmen QBs than Ramsey and Penix.

Elijah Sindelar apparently is getting a 6th year... So he will have two more years left. And Purdue has a studd in Jack Plummer as a frosh QB.

David Bell wants to play with Rondale Moore. They believe that would be a dominant one-two combo with Moore on the inside and Bell on the outside.

Also it's highly doubtful Purdue will land Williams as right now they don't have room. The one scholarship left is for Bell. I'd say 90% chance Bell ends up at Purdue and Williams at IU. Also not saying this as a sour grapes but apparently some think Williams may be a tad bit overrated. Still a Big Ten prospect but not a Top 250 player

Elijah Sindelar apparently is getting a 6th year... So he will have two more years left. And Purdue has a studd in Jack Plummer as a frosh QB.

David Bell wants to play with Rondale Moore. They believe that would be a dominant one-two combo with Moore on the inside and Bell on the outside.

Also it's highly doubtful Purdue will land Williams as right now they don't have room. The one scholarship left is for Bell. I'd say 90% chance Bell ends up at Purdue and Williams at IU. Also not saying this as a sour grapes but apparently some think Williams may be a tad bit overrated. Still a Big Ten prospect but not a Top 250 player
After Bell spurns you broilees I'm going to dig up threads on your board about how cocky you all were about "locking up" all the WR in the state of Indiana. Craig Young, anyone?

I’m surprised how quiet it is on both sides - nobody committing but also nobody decommiting with less than a week to go.

I’m surprised how quiet it is on both sides - nobody committing but also nobody decommiting with less than a week to go.
How many spots does IU have left? I know Purdoo just has the one spot left for Bell, that makes them hit the #25 limit. So they are done.

How many spots does IU have left? I know Purdoo just has the one spot left for Bell, that makes them hit the #25 limit. So they are done.
So apparently you can shift an early enrollee to the previous class. Guess they’re saying 2018 class had 24 so one of the kids coming in Jan will count to the 2018 numbers?

I do not believe it is as .1% away from locked as you do. Not saying PU is not in the mix...they are...as I believe he (& his family) prefer he be closer to home. But I don't think you are in David Bell's inner circle and don't believe it is the "guaranteed lock" yet that you say it is. TBD but if he doesn't go to PU, promise the board you'll come back and write a post along lines of:

I said Bell was all but guaranteed at Purdue, but it turns out that wasn't the case. I admit now to everyone I don't know anything anyone else does, but I like to speculate a lot. Please ignore my future guarantees as really they are just me acting like I'm in the know when I'm not."

I want such harsh post because if you are wrong it would really prove how silly you look. If he does go to PU, then you can have your bragging rights. I'm personally not sold yet it's that guaranteed.

I don’t understand how I would even want “bragging rights” for saying it’s widely known the kid is going to Purdue? It’s not a question about being happy about being right about the situation.

Someone asked what Purdue offers for him?

Are we serious here?

Brohm’s offense, no matter where he has been, is dynamic and kids want to play in it. The QB he had at WKU was better than any QB we’ve had in the last 10 years.

Reactions: MTobin
Maybe so, but from what I'm hearing we have a better than 50/50 shot with both Williams(Kristian & Cam). Anything can happen & can change, but all in all, I'll take being the favourite(supposedly)for 2 out of those 3. EVERY day, I'll take it.

Until pen is put to paper for signing day #1, and then the final one, it's all speculation, so I'm content waiting to read the signees list and overview on those days.

I get Bell absolutely may go to PU. Maybe "Brohm mania" for him is real or likes the 1-2 combo with Moore. But he also might like the promise of Penix, playing with Samson James and feel of IU program overall. Unless you are his mom/dad or him, just not fully sold it's a lock yet. But I certainly agree if they only have one spot left they may be holding it for him, but it also could be an "in case" situation, not a "it's a lock for sure."

Reactions: The_Evan_J
I don’t understand how I would even want “bragging rights” for saying it’s widely known the kid is going to Purdue? It’s not a question about being happy about being right about the situation.

Someone asked what Purdue offers for him?

Are we serious here?

Brohm’s offense, no matter where he has been, is dynamic and kids want to play in it. The QB he had at WKU was better than any QB we’ve had in the last 10 years.

Sudfield was better. He's still on the Eagles. The WKU guy is already out of the NFL.

Reactions: brebelle3
"so you're saying there's a chance".

out of curiosity, what is it Bell loves about PU.

hard to have 2 better underclassmen QBs than Ramsey and Penix.
Whether we like it or not, they now have a reputation of being an innovative and exciting offense to play in. Rondale Moore got them all kinds of attention this year and continues to get them more with his All-American status. I watched BTN a couple nights ago when they were talking about recruiting and Howard Griffith was slobbering all over Purdue's offense so that is just the reality of it.

Even though we know about Penix would a fan of any other team in the conference be able to name him? I wanted to see more of him all year and it sucks he got hurt but at least he kept the year of eligibility. If he had been able to play more maybe he would have gotten more attention and we could have used that in recruiting skill players. Take the bad with the good I guess. Maybe he can be our Rondale Moore next year in terms of bringing more attention to the IU offense.

Possibly because Purdue throws the ball all over the place and just had the first freshman consensus All American in conference history. Lots of 1 on 1 matchups for other wr when Moore is on the field.
purdue had 8 guys catch the ball in double figures. IU had 10! You take RM away and its very subpar as far as totals. purdue does not throw the ball near as all over the place as IU. Have no idea what your thinking here?

Reactions: rhedges
purdue had 8 guys catch the ball in double figures. IU had 10! You take RM away and its very subpar as far as totals. purdue does not throw the ball near as all over the place as IU. Have no idea what your thinking here?
Do you know what your talking about? Let’s say a QB dinks and dunks his way down to the 25 yard line going 7-8 for 38 yards. Another QB goes 5-7 for 70 yards. Under your logic you are saying the 2nd QB is worse because he only had 5 completions where the other had 7 completions. Total completions is far from a good measuring stick by itself. Go look at total yards passing by each and total completions by each. I think you will walk away with the conclusion that Purdue’s passing attack was far superior to Indiana’s.

Also, what kind of statement is it to say “take away Rondale Moore” and what do they have. That makes no sense. That is an idiotic statement!!

If you take their all American best player away then look at the stats? You serious? That’s like evaluating Apple’s stock without considering the IPhone.
Go take your meds...God when you are off of them you just spout stupid all over yourself.

Do you know what your talking about? Let’s say a QB dinks and dunks his way down to the 25 yard line going 7-8 for 38 yards. Another QB goes 5-7 for 70 yards. Under your logic you are saying the 2nd QB is worse because he only had 5 completions where the other had 7 completions. Total completions is far from a good measuring stick by itself. Go look at total yards passing by each and total completions by each. I think you will walk away with the conclusion that Purdue’s passing attack was far superior to Indiana’s.

Also, what kind of statement is it to say “take away Rondale Moore” and what do they have. That makes no sense. That is an idiotic statement!!
Who cares have you looked at the stats...Theres one bottom line IU had 10 receivers in double digits and purdue had 8. IU had more receptions than purdue. purdue had 1 more touchdown receipt than IU. Gawd you are a dumba$$

Heres whats really sad...you are a cpa?

Who cares have you looked at the stats...Theres one bottom line IU had 10 receivers in double digits and purdue had 8. IU had more receptions than purdue. purdue had 1 more touchdown receipt than IU. Gawd you are a dumba$$
So I guess yards gained per completion mean absolutely nothing to you??? If all you care about is total completions what a freaking dumbass you are.

Reactions: Bernese and MTobin
Maybe so, but from what I'm hearing we have a better than 50/50 shot with both Williams(Kristian & Cam). Anything can happen & can change, but all in all, I'll take being the favourite(supposedly)for 2 out of those 3. EVERY day, I'll take it.

To be honest, I wholeheartedly agree here with you. IU needs the Williams more than Bell, if we had to have a choice in the matter. Those are positions of greater need.

So I guess yards gained per completion mean absolutely nothing to you??? If all you care about is total completions what a freaking dumbass you are.
Thats not the point...IU had more receivers in double figure and more receptions. RM is the reason they had a couple more yards per completion and that has nothing to do with the offense only his ability to do something with the ball after he catches it. Are you new? Lemee guess you play in a fantasy league and think you know something. Stick to basketball you look more stupid with every post. cpa pfffft

I’ll let your stance of saying IU’s passing offense was somehow better that Purdue’s stand on its own. I’ll also repeat my stance you are freaking dumbass if you truly believe that. The completions and attempts for each team was virtually identical. The total yards gained passing was far from identical. Who cares that IU May have had a few more guys in double digit catches. What exactly does that prove other than we can throw that 1 yard out pass to more receivers than Purdue did. Who gives a rat’s ass about that anyway...

I’ll let your stance of saying IU’s passing offense was somehow better that Purdue’s stand on its own. I’ll also repeat my stance you are freaking dumbass if you truly believe that. The completions and attempts for each team was virtually identical. The total yards gained passing was far from identical. Who cares that IU May have had a few more guys in double digit catches. What exactly does that prove other than we can throw that 1 yard out pass to more receivers than Purdue did. Who gives a rat’s ass about that anyway...
Wtf you two? I mean, who shot it in the other one's eye? Actually, you both have somewhat of a point-true RM skewed Purdue's #'s a bit, & the overall passing state between the 2 teams are similar, but all of that has to be taken with a grain of salt. It's hard to argue that IU compares favorably to Purdue's passing game, or any other game for that matter. You have to take into account WHEN during games & the season that the 2 teams accrued their #'s. Purdue got out of the gate slowly , while IU started fast, against poor competition, Purdue blossomed in conference, & blew Ohio State out, which alone trumps(should I shelve that adjective?)anything we did, completely so, at that. Purdue, by rights, should have probably been an 8 win team, that's the level they are at, in reality, not 6 wins. Anyhoo, shouldn't let it get that personal. That IS a B-ball board staple.

Yes, you are right. IU throws the ball more than Purdue evidenced by reception stats. But Purdue has way more Big Pass Plays than IU.

Jeff Brohm can also say: "Did you see what I did with a 5'9" 3-star WR? I turned him into a consensus all-American WR as a freshman. Let me put you on the same field as him, and I'll turn you into one too. "
Brohm didn't do anything with that kid...jus sayin. :) That kid is special.

ADVERTISEMENT