ADVERTISEMENT

I'm shocked . . .

Sope Creek

Hall of Famer
Feb 5, 2003
. . . shocked to hear that IU won the game last night. I went to bed at 11:32 pm because (a) I was tired, and (b) I'd seen this movie before. Just so y'all know, I shut the TV down right after an IU receiver caught a pass and promptly fumbled - recovered by Illinois - at about the 50 yard line. Like I said, I've seen this movie before, especially where UI outplayed IU the entire 2nd half. There was about 4:30 on the clock, IU hadn't moved the ball all half, and Illinois had moved the ball on the ground - first with Brown and then with I. Williams and DeVito - all game long. So I'm thinking the final has to be Illinois 20/24 or 17 and IU 16, right? Plus all the posts on this board were as negative as I was.

Good thing I went to bed when I did. I'm an old man. That kind of excitement wouldn't be good for my ticker. (Martha, it's the big one!)

So now I guess I shouldn't watch at all . . . if IU is going to get good as soon as I shut it down . . . it's all my fault . . . .

Reactions: 82IU and vesuvius13
. . . shocked to hear that IU won the game last night. I went to bed at 11:32 pm because (a) I was tired, and (b) I'd seen this movie before. Just so y'all know, I shut the TV down right after an IU receiver caught a pass and promptly fumbled - recovered by Illinois - at about the 50 yard line. Like I said, I've seen this movie before, especially where UI outplayed IU the entire 2nd half. There was about 4:30 on the clock, IU hadn't moved the ball all half, and Illinois had moved the ball on the ground - first with Brown and then with I. Williams and DeVito - all game long. So I'm thinking the final has to be Illinois 20/24 or 17 and IU 16, right? Plus all the posts on this board were as negative as I was.

Good thing I went to bed when I did. I'm an old man. That kind of excitement wouldn't be good for my ticker. (Martha, it's the big one!)

So now I guess I shouldn't watch at all . . . if IU is going to get good as soon as I shut it down . . . it's all my fault . . . .
I hope IU doesn't go downhill when you watch as all IU fans deserve to see IU win.

Reactions: Sope Creek

I hope you’re in bed now

Reactions: UncleMark
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT