ADVERTISEMENT

I'm Proud Of Our Young Men!!

I agree but it's only halftime. Let's wait and see what the 2nd half brings. Could be a runaway.

We'll have to find building blocks on the road vs top 25 teams. Teachable moments. Transition year so we'll have to be patient.

By the way.....anyone know this twerp named Brian Snow on twitter? Seems like an anti IU guy. Is he affiliated with any IU site?

I’m disappointed for Robert Johnson. He could have developed into a special player, but Crean failed him. He can’t defend or create for himself. He was only asked to sit back and shoot jump shots for three years. It shows now.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
We'll have to find building blocks on the road vs top 25 teams. Teachable moments. Transition year so we'll have to be patient.

By the way.....anyone know this twerp named Brian Snow on twitter? Seems like an anti IU guy. Is he affiliated with any IU site?
Umm.... yes

We aren’t very good yet, but we are playing harder.
I was proud how in the first half SH never got into the bonus. But we got in it. Al was a huge part of that because he had two plays where he drove the ball and got fouled. Very smart plays. Second half fouls are killing us because we are giving them chances at the line.

Reactions: darkhawk returns
They need Hartmans leadership. The heart is there to not stop fighting, just need some leadership. Very impressed, they will improve each game.

He is with Scout, he use to do a Xavier website on Rivals

We might not win this game, but we are hanging with them. Great Job Hoosiers!!!!!
Meh. Some good things tonight but a ton of sloppy plays. And our bigs need to wash the grease off their hands. Improvement is there, but really inconsistent. Our upperclassmen are really letting us down.

What are they supposed to do? They can't call for the coaches head yet.

I'm not happy with the final result but saw improvements from the last two games.

Quit
I’m disappointed for Robert Johnson. He could have developed into a special player, but Crean failed him. He can’t defend or create for himself. He was only asked to sit back and shoot jump shots for three years. It shows now

Quit blaming Crean for everything . As bad as Crean was his teams played better than this. This is a bad basketball team and that has nothing to do with Crean.

I’m disappointed for Robert Johnson. He could have developed into a special player, but Crean failed him. He can’t defend or create for himself. He was only asked to sit back and shoot jump shots for three years. It shows now.

Hard to say. I'm still struggling with the fact that he was working on his abs right up until the first week of the season.

He's never been much of a defensive player but Johnson is still an efficient offensive player.

Meh. Some good things tonight but a ton of sloppy plays. And our bigs need to wash the grease off their hands. Improvement is there, but really inconsistent. Our upperclassmen are really letting us down.
Effort was really good tonight. What's most encouraging is how much better we have competed from last Friday night with very limited practice time (considering we played Sunday and then had to travel). That shows some resolve.

It is going to be a trying year. We have serious offensive limitations and not great size. Delgado is a monster and they let him play "bump and bounce" a la Shaq tonight. Very tough matchup for sure. Seton Hall has some serious weapons - probably a top 15 team.

The saddest thing is that even our upperclassmen are still trying to learn how to play. They've never been asked to run anything resembling a half-court offense (other than pound the ball until the shot clock runs down, ball screen, and jack up a jumper) and they had no understanding of the fundamental rules of man defense courtesy of the previous regime.

I'm confident we will see a tough, competitive team as the season wears on, but it will be a struggle to win games with limited size and talent. This is the culmination of the inability of Crean and staff to teach the game. Of course, you can't teach what you don't know.

There was quite a bit of good to look at...to go with quite a bit of bad. I liked what they were doing when they stuck to the game plan. Still tons of bad habits to reverse. Smith made freshman plays. Once Davis picked up #3 (I'll reserve my opinion on the officiating on the 2nd half), you knew SH was going to pull away. We just don't have anyone else with the size to stop him. It was kinda telling that TO where Coach told then to front him, and Morgan immediately got caught not doing that. Bad habits die hard. Shot selection really broke down at times, and the freshmen looked more like freshman against a better team. Anybody who was expecting better than a bubble team wasn't looking at it with clear glasses. Can already see areas of improvement, but it is tough to instill new habits and so much is instinctual. No matter what, will love to watch this team grow.

I was proud how in the first half SH never got into the bonus. But we got in it. Al was a huge part of that because he had two plays where he drove the ball and got fouled. Very smart plays. Second half fouls are killing us because we are giving them chances at the line.
"Pride goeth before the fall'"...or something like that.

Been almost 30 years since we knew we were in good hands. Feels calming to know that again. And he is young, we have a long bright future. More history to be written.

Reactions: cshartle123
We might not win this game, but we are hanging with them. Great Job Hoosiers!!!!!
Things seemed to go south when the coach
decided to force the ball in the middle in an
attempt to get fouls on SH's center.

This is the culmination of the inability of Crean and staff to teach the game. Of course, you can't teach what you don't know.
That made me think of an infamous Mike Davis quote shortly after he was allowed to take over following Knight's dismissal. He said, "I never did understand the motion offense (of Knight's)". We have't seen the motion offense since.

How do we know we're in good hands. I like Archie but he's far from proven.

My apologies, I shouldn't refer to myself as "we".
Yes "I" feel that way. And I don't have to give a reason at this other then my gut, his demeanor and their heart.

Reactions: cshartle123
And his recruiting class next year... Pretty impressive a few months under the belt. Just sayin

There was quite a bit of good to look at...to go with quite a bit of bad. I liked what they were doing when they stuck to the game plan. Still tons of bad habits to reverse. Smith made freshman plays. Once Davis picked up #3 (I'll reserve my opinion on the officiating on the 2nd half), you knew SH was going to pull away. We just don't have anyone else with the size to stop him. It was kinda telling that TO where Coach told then to front him, and Morgan immediately got caught not doing that. Bad habits die hard. Shot selection really broke down at times, and the freshmen looked more like freshman against a better team. Anybody who was expecting better than a bubble team wasn't looking at it with clear glasses. Can already see areas of improvement, but it is tough to instill new habits and so much is instinctual. No matter what, will love to watch this team grow.

"Bubble Team"? This team will be lucky to reach .500, in my opinion. They're good guys but we lack depth and size and those limitations added to all the bad habits that need to broken equals a looong ugly winter...

Seton Hall was a preview of what most of our Big Ten schedule will probably end up looking like.

Not trying to dump on your post Darkhawk, I agreed with most of what you wrote aside from the ultra optimistic "bubble team" comment. I hope I'm wrong, but this looks more to me like a two to three year project for Archie to get us back to the dance...

By the way, I do appreciate your optimism and enjoy reading your posts.

My apologies, I shouldn't refer to myself as "we".
Yes "I" feel that way. And I don't have to give a reason at this other then my gut, his demeanor and their heart.
I feel the same about Archie but I think it will all boils down to recruiting. It's not just being able to lure the athletic 4* and 5* players but also players fitting your style of play and your needs, completing the pieces to the puzzle. Easier said than done, BTW.

Need to sit Johnson and Newkirk. They offer zero leadership and minimal offense and don't communicate on defense. Play for the future with Green, Jones and Durham. McSwain is not a D1 player.
Agree 100 percent johnson is killing this team

Need to sit Johnson and Newkirk. They offer zero leadership and minimal offense and don't communicate on defense. Play for the future with Green, Jones and Durham. McSwain is not a D1 player.

I'm guessing that Archie is letting the players self-select in/out . . . we'll know what his teams will look like in the future when he cuts his rotation down to just those guys who've bought in. Might surprise us who those guys are.

We've had tough times before, such as when about the only leadership on the team was Kyle Tabor during Crean's first year . . . Archie needs to find his Kyle Tabors . . . .

ADVERTISEMENT