ADVERTISEMENT

I'm pretty sure I encountered Victorbear in person today

oldcougar77

All-American
Apr 21, 2004
On my way back to the car from AH a couple of guys in front of me were discussing the news of Kobe Bryant's death. A jackass a few yards in front of them turned around and laughed and said " I hope LeBron was with him".

The guy was wearing a black tee shirt with a flag superimposed over a cross and underneath it read "Stand for the anthem, kneel before the cross". Fine Christian man I'm sure - probably had the matching hood for the tee shirt in his truck.

I'm sure all those African-American kids that guy had just watched "dribble a ball" (Victor's words, not mine) would have found that guy hilarious.

Unbelievable that it's 2020 and Neanderthals still roam free.

On my way back to the car from AH a couple of guys in front of me were discussing the news of Kobe Bryant's death. A jackass a few yards in front of them turned around and laughed and said " I hope LeBron was with him".

The guy was wearing a black tee shirt with a flag superimposed over a cross and underneath it read "Stand for the anthem, kneel before the cross". Fine Christian man I'm sure - probably had the matching hood for the tee shirt in his truck.

I'm sure all those African-American kids that guy had just watched "dribble a ball" (Victor's words, not mine) would have found that guy hilarious.

This post needs to be deleted.. just dumb.

This post needs to be deleted.. just dumb.
I posted this before victorbear's trash was taken down. I have no problem with the post being deleted if his overt racism is going to get him a long (should be permanent) vacation from the board.

With that said, the encounter is 100% true. I think it's important that we are aware of and condemn those among us who hold those kinds of repulsive views. It is mind-boggling that someone could claim to be a fan of an IU basketball team composed almost entirely of African-American kids and have such blatantly racist views. And to top it off, to have the gall to profess to be a Christian.

I posted this before victorbear's trash was taken down. I have no problem with the post being deleted if his overt racism is going to get him a long (should be permanent) vacation from the board.

With that said, the encounter is 100% true. I think it's important that we are aware of and condemn those among us who hold those kinds of repulsive views. It is mind-boggling that someone could claim to be a fan of an IU basketball team composed almost entirely of African-American kids and have such blatantly racist views. And to top it off, to have the gall to profess to be a Christian.
Except your making baseless racism claims without knowing anything. Your just assuming things which is just as dangerous. You labeled two people racists because you declared them so. Its a really mean comment they made but you determined cause they said lebron instead of a white player they are racist. That is absurd imo.

Fine he'

Ohhhh so he may not be a racist, but he's a horrible human being. IT's good that distinction is made.

I'll give it to you, you don't know what's in someone's mind, but he without sin cast the first stone. Kobe with the faults we knew about him it was between him and his wife, not us. No man should die with his daughter like that, it's devastating. We had one of our own fans say something stupid on our board. He is universally hated for it.

P.S. Good game, we felt same way after losing to Wisconsin. We blew it, but Wisconsin had to play great to win it. Same today, IU blew it, but we have to make shots too to win. Tough league.

P.S.S. As far as Jalen, we all know fans trash talk, we know kids get lost in the moment and say dumb things, everyone apologized and we move on as mature adults. It's good that the games matter to everyone, apathy settling in is the worst. Environment was great. Good luck the rest of the way.

Reactions: JIMSHAM

It is, F them, I actually was about brought to tears after Kobe's death, and I'm a die hard Celts fan - Bird Country. Maybe cause I'm not in great health either, but mostly by Jerry West's comments, and that he was so upset too. Was he a role model, NO, you don't f'n cheat on your wife, but I can respect him as a player and for what he did the rest of his life as a player and a father to make amends … and that he was with his daughter to take her to a basketball game. Horrible tragedy

Being a patriot doesn’t make you racist. I get your point that the guy is a jack***, but let’s not stereotype here.

Reactions: IU Hardcore
Fine he'

Ohhhh so he may not be a racist, but he's a horrible human being. IT's good that distinction is made.

I'll give it to you, you don't know what's in someone's mind, but he without sin cast the first stone. Kobe with the faults we knew about him it was between him and his wife, not us. No man should die with his daughter like that, it's devastating. We had one of our own fans say something stupid on our board. He is universally hated for it.

P.S. Good game, we felt same way after losing to Wisconsin. We blew it, but Wisconsin had to play great to win it. Same today, IU blew it, but we have to make shots too to win. Tough league.

P.S.S. As far as Jalen, we all know fans trash talk, we know kids get lost in the moment and say dumb things, everyone apologized and we move on as mature adults. It's good that the games matter to everyone, apathy settling in is the worst. Environment was great. Good luck the rest of the way.

He returned to the sideline twice, let's not compare what the fans did and what that fool did. There is trash talk and plain being an idiot. He.....is a bafoon. Fans trash talk. Every game. No one ever does what Jalen did. Just ask your coach.

I never stated or implied that it did. I was pointing out the fact that some idiot can think he's a patriot and a Christian and make a racist comment that runs counter to every value both a patriot and a Christian should possess and express. Nothing about my post stereotyped anyone. Just making the point that it's shameful that someone can honestly believe he is both a patriot and a Christian and make a comment like that.

I never stated or implied that it did. I was pointing out the fact that some idiot can think he's a patriot and a Christian and make a racist comment that runs counter to every value both a patriot and a Christian should possess and express. Nothing about my post stereotyped anyone. Just making the point that it's shameful that someone can honestly believe he is both a patriot and a Christian and make a comment like that.

Well, I'm sure our President thinks he's both a patriot and Christian. Just ask him!

Reactions: brianiu and JIMSHAM

First of all that wasn't me and secondly what's mind-boggling is how we worship celebrities' and athletes who really aren't good people, there that's all I'm going to say.

It is, F them, I actually was about brought to tears after Kobe's death, and I'm a die hard Celts fan - Bird Country. Maybe cause I'm not in great health either, but mostly by Jerry West's comments, and that he was so upset too. Was he a role model, NO, you don't f'n cheat on your wife, but I can respect him as a player and for what he did the rest of his life as a player and a father to make amends … and that he was with his daughter to take her to a basketball game. Horrible tragedy
You would cry for him, but not the poor guy who works 50 hours a week just so his kids can go to college, do me a favor go read the Obituaries today in your local paper.

Reactions: Travis Denny
You mean how someone can claim to be a big #metoo fan then also worship Kobe, yea ok pal.

First of all that wasn't me and secondly what's mind-boggling is how we worship celebrities' and athletes who really aren't good people, there that's all I'm going to say.
The guy was killed, along with one of his kids, as well as some of their friends. Show a little class and dignity.

Reactions: Travis Denny
The guy was killed, along with one of his kids, as well as some of their friends. Show a little class and dignity.
You mean the same class 1/2 this country would be showing if our President were to die in a helicopter crash, give me a break. The bully's of the internet and social woke warriors are a joke.

It sounds like that guy was jealous of Lebron. I am sure a lot of people are.

In your original post what was racist about the man's comments? Obviously he doesn't care for Lebron. Did he say he was happy about Kobe's death? Let's say he wants both men dead, what exactly did he say that made you determine that it was racially oriented? I'm not arguing, just asking.

In your original post what was racist about the man's comments? Obviously he doesn't care for Lebron. Did he say he was happy about Kobe's death? Let's say he wants both men dead, what exactly did he say that made you determine that it was racially oriented? I'm not arguing, just asking.
He's just another social woke warrior...……….

Kobe Bryant

@kobebryant

A #POTUS whose name alone creates division and anger. Whose words inspire dissension and hatred can't possibly "Make America Great Again"

12:23 PM - Sep 23, 2017
Twitter Ads info and privacy

176K people are talking about this

These people think it was racist to say Obama was a terrible President it's just in their DNA

You mean the same class 1/2 this country would be showing if our President were to die in a helicopter crash, give me a break. The bully's of the internet and social woke warriors are a joke.
No, the class that anyone should show when someone has tragically lost their life. Excusing your own behavior because others might also act horribly isn’t valid.

Last edited:
No, the class that anyone should show when someone has tragically lost their life. Excusing you’re own behavior because others might also act horribly isn’t valid.
Sorry for his family, but I'm not going to cry over his loss people need to get a life and frankly I don't think many of the younger kids realize what he did in 2003. Well OJ got acquitted of murder which means he didn't do it either.

You would cry for him, but not the poor guy who works 50 hours a week just so his kids can go to college, do me a favor go read the Obituaries today in your local paper.
first of all, during this tragedy, why would anybody think to say your dumb a** comments. why does that even come to your mind.. still can't figure it out. there is only one reason...we all know what it is...it never once crossed my mind when I heard the travesty..i thought damn, imagine looking at your daughter and you are about to perish...if it was Larry Bird, we would have heard half of the negative comments...ignorance...

Being a patriot doesn’t make you racist. I get your point that the guy is a jack***, but let’s not stereotype here.

Being a patriot also doesn't give the right to mock people's death or wish others were dead, while wearing Christian/Military garb … that alone is a sin in itself

I love militant evangelicals. They *get* Jesus' "might makes right so F you!" message.

Love.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT