ADVERTISEMENT

I'm not sure if we can get a 2-seed in the NCAAs....

ptrich

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Nov 2, 2001
2-seed teams are going to play 3-seed teams no matter what, but by being a 3-seed, it means that on paper, there are two teams in the regional that are considered better than us. If we can get that 2-seed, we will at least, again on paper, be the second best team in the grouping, although we would have to prove that on the field.

2-seed teams are going to play 3-seed teams no matter what, but by being a 3-seed, it means that on paper, there are two teams in the regional that are considered better than us. If we can get that 2-seed, we will at least, again on paper, be the second best team in the grouping, although we would have to prove that on the field.
are we sure we're getting in at all?

1, 2, 3, or 4 - it's all moot if we don't start executing basic baseball fundamentals. Bunting, routine fielding, base running, situational hitting, and clutch-ness are all areas we need to clean up before we can expect anything more than what we just saw. That said, I'll still be watching and rooting like hell.

Reactions: CF77
1, 2, 3, or 4 - it's all moot if we don't start executing basic baseball fundamentals. Bunting, routine fielding, base running, situational hitting, and clutch-ness are all areas we need to clean up before we can expect anything more than what we just saw. That said, I'll still be watching and rooting like hell.
No argument with what you said. That said, being a 2 or a 3 seed makes all the difference in how difficult of a regional you are in. We certainly have the ability to win a regional even if we haven't put our best foot forward lately, so I would rather have the easier route to it.

I just saw some stats in an article that pretty much says it all as to why the team is sitting at home watching other teams compete for the tournament championship. We hit just .195 as a team over the three games we played in the tournament. We were just 8 for 43 (.186) with runners on base, and 6 for 29 (.206) with runners in scoring position. That, plus the mental errors, pretty much sums it up. If it continues into the NCAAs, we will be heading home after two games.

Strictly based on RPI it could well be the Hoosiers go to the Stetson Regional as a 2 seed. Stetson has a nice club, but it wouldn’t be an awful spot to land.

Strictly based on RPI it could well be the Hoosiers go to the Stetson Regional as a 2 seed. Stetson has a nice club, but it wouldn’t be an awful spot to land.
To end this thread we are a #2 seed in the Austin Regional playing Texas A&M #3. With Texas #1 and Texas Southern #4.

ADVERTISEMENT