ADVERTISEMENT

I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty nervous about the game at Evansville...

Zizkov

Nov 25, 2002
Prague
tomorrow. The team looks much better so far, but on the road against a decent, well coached team, worries me.

IU should win, but we have seen them underperform way to much over the last few years.

That being said, I know nothing about Evansville personnel.

I see this as a letdown game. Worried they might

..not necessarily overlook the Aces, but maybe they start to believe in the early hype they've gotten so far.

That being said, they need to learn how to play with a true post player. On Sunday, it looked like they had no clue how to get it to Zeller down low.

That being said, I like the confidence I see in Jordy. And Olidipo....love his hard play.

That's not what I saw on Sunday

I saw them play exactly the way you should with a true post player. When UT-C doubled and tripled Zeller, Jordy hit bombs and VO slashed to the basket. That's what you do.

As long as they continue to play the game through Zeller, it doesn't matter if he scores. It doesn't even matter if he touches the ball if the other team is going to use multiple defenders denying him the ball....

I'm not. Won't be a blowout like the first two, but I think IU wins by

about 10 points. That being said (I'm only using this phrase because you used it once and NFA twice...in the same post), anything can happen on any given night. But I think our boys show up...and will play hard. Oh yeah...hard.

If we are going to take a step in the right direction

we absolutely have to start beating every team on the schedule like Evansville. It's time to turn on the winning attitude and just know that we are going to always beat the Evansville's of the world.

Correct

Wednesday may be as much of a turning point as any game since Crean arrived. We certainly have the talent, now can he keep them focused on a game plan that will allow that talent to prevail....

Here's what I think based on what I have heard..

I know, not the most scientific basis in the world, but extrapolation is a part of any good theory.

I've heard they don't have an equal with regard to Zeller in the post. They either take their chances, and Zeller has a big game. If they double him in the post, it's raining 3's tonight.

If the perimeter shot isn't falling, Oladipo is the first player I've seen at IU in the Tom Crean area that can put the team on his back and will them to victory. I doubt that he is overlooking anyone. And if Sheehey is better, he will do the same thing. I truly believe that the two sophs and Zeller have turned IU around the corner by themselves.

This thread is awesome....

I never imagined being up 25 at half. Never.

I was telling the wife during the game that this is the first time in 4 years that I, I, didn't have to will the team to compete, let alone win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT