ADVERTISEMENT

I'm not a sheep- you all are the sheep

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
Can't remember which thread all the pro/anti-mask posts are in- there is so much cross-referencing from thread to thread- regardless of title...

But I thought this was pretty funny. Guy gets his cart taken away at Costco because he's not a sheep and refuses to wear a mask. He decides to pull out his phone and make a video so he can showit to his "3000 followers on social media" who are btw, local.

Viral ends up going viral, but the end result is not what the "non-sheep" intended. He ends up getting mass shamed, the Costco guy doing his job becomes the hero and the star getting all the attention. Mr "non-sheep" then creates a video telling all the people that called him out that they are the sheep. Pretty hilarious...

Can't remember which thread all the pro/anti-mask posts are in- there is so much cross-referencing from thread to thread- regardless of title...

But I thought this was pretty funny. Guy gets his cart taken away at Costco because he's not a sheep and refuses to wear a mask. He decides to pull out his phone and make a video so he can showit to his "3000 followers on social media" who are btw, local.

Viral ends up going viral, but the end result is not what the "non-sheep" intended. He ends up getting mass shamed, the Costco guy doing his job becomes the hero and the star getting all the attention. Mr "non-sheep" then creates a video telling all the people that called him out that they are the sheep. Pretty hilarious...

It's amazing the level of insecurity that exists in the population. He is still needing to defend a conditioned 'identity' -- as a rugged macho 'individual', 'freedom' etc in a time of a pandemic.

To think of others and the community at large is a sign of caving-in or a threat to what you perceive to be your 'identity'. The state of the nation!

Even I put a mask on in a store if asked to do so, it’s a private business don’t like it bounce

Shoot this dude

Reactions: meridian

I look forward to him and the barber giving the keystone speeches at the RNC.

Wonder why Costco doesn't give members a free or reasonably priced mask as part of their policy for any member who might not have one.

Obviously the guy in the video would have preferred to make his point rather than accept a gift from Costco, but others who may simply not have a mask would thank Costco

Reactions: meridian
I look forward to him and the barber giving the keystone speeches at the RNC.

Don’t forget about Mike Flynn leading chants to lock up the Obamas, Clintons and Bidens. Also the return of Scott Baio. I wonder if they will have a packed house.

Reactions: cosmickid
Wonder why Costco doesn't give members a free or reasonably priced mask as part of their policy for any member who might not have one.

Obviously the guy in the video would have preferred to make his point rather than accept a gift from Costco, but others who may simply not have a mask would thank Costco

Oh there's a NEW SCAM now Hoot. People are (fraudulently) claiming that they have disabilities that don't allow them to wear a mask and that they can't be asked to identify the disability because it's a HIPPA violation...

None of that is accurate. But it didn't stop this crazy Bitch from trying to pull it on a grocery store in Dana Point CA. Notice how the store employees offer to PROVIDE her with a mask, or even to SHOP FOR HER. She's a real bitch...

Here's a tweet about the scam and in response, the Chicago Bagel Authority posted a letter they had gotten from a woman who tried to scam them. Keep in mind these are businesses that have reopened and are simply asking patrons to comply with basic precautions- like wearing a mask...

Here's some background on the story...

• Some Americans who oppose mandatory face-covering orders are trying to avoid them by commandeering US disability laws.

• A document on social media advises people to say they have a disability that a mask might affect.

• The document says people's rights are protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act and they are not required to disclose their disability to store owners. The legal basis is weak.

• The law says disabilities must be accommodated except when there is "a significant risk to the health or safety of others."

• Someone hoping to sue a store under the Americans with Disabilities Act for refusing them entry would be entitled only if they were genuinely disabled.

• Visit Insider's homepage for more stories.
Some Americans are trying to dodge orders by businesses or local governments to wear face coverings by claiming immunity under laws written to protect the rights of disabled people.

As the country's coronavirus outbreak worsened in April, compulsory face covering was introduced in stores, on transport networks, and in other public places in some areas.

As of Monday, at least 13 states were under compulsory orders, ranging from all public places to only limited areas, like public transit, where social distancing isn't possible, according to Masks4All, a group founded by a collection of US-based scientists.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-mask-protesters-trying-commandeer-102946488.html

Reactions: hoot1
Oh there's a NEW SCAM now Hoot. People are (fraudulently) claiming that they have disabilities that don't allow them to wear a mask and that they can't be asked to identify the disability because it's a HIPPA violation...

None of that is accurate. But it didn't stop this crazy Bitch from trying to pull it on a grocery store in Dana Point CA. Notice how the store employees offer to PROVIDE her with a mask, or even to SHOP FOR HER. She's a real bitch...

Here's a tweet about the scam and in response, the Chicago Bagel Authority posted a letter they had gotten from a woman who tried to scam them. Keep in mind these are businesses that have reopened and are simply asking patrons to comply with basic precautions- like wearing a mask...

• Some Americans who oppose mandatory face-covering orders are trying to avoid them by commandeering US disability laws.

• A document on social media advises people to say they have a disability that a mask might affect.

• The document says people's rights are protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act and they are not required to disclose their disability to store owners. The legal basis is weak.

• The law says disabilities must be accommodated except when there is "a significant risk to the health or safety of others."

• Someone hoping to sue a store under the Americans with Disabilities Act for refusing them entry would be entitled only if they were genuinely disabled.

Some Americans are trying to dodge orders by businesses or local governments to wear face coverings by claiming immunity under laws written to protect the rights of disabled people.

As the country's coronavirus outbreak worsened in April, compulsory face covering was introduced in stores, on transport networks, and in other public places in some areas.

As of Monday, at least 13 states were under compulsory orders, ranging from all public places to only limited areas, like public transit, where social distancing isn't possible, according to Masks4All, a group founded by a collection of US-based scientists.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/anti-mask-protesters-trying-commandeer-102946488.html

I really doubt she actually wanted to shop there. Just trying to make a point about her right not to wear a mask along with making a video for who own ego and cause.

Thought the store personnel handled the situation admirably. My kind of store.

Thanks Cosmic for finding the video.

Well at least he didn't pull out his gun on the Costco employee-it will come down to that at some point.
Buddy of mine told me he was following an unmasked redneck looking dude going into Menards. At the entrance, an armed and uniformed security guard stepped in front of him, said he needed to wear a mask, and if needed he could buy one right then and there for $1. Guy turned around and left. Buddy gave the guard a thumbs up and air high five.

I'm not a sheep. You don't see me wearing a shirt when I post a video to the world like the rest of you sheeple. Just like how all you people always wear pants to Costco. Sheep! Or how you people use forks and spoons when you eat out at restaurants. Sheep! All you people try to gently sneeze into your elbow instead of aggressively scream-sneezing out into the open air. Sheep! And don't get me started with the way you all stop at your fancy red lights instead of insisting on exercising your Constitutional rights.

I really doubt she actually wanted to shop there. Just trying to make a point about her right not to wear a mask along with making a video for who own ego and cause.

Thought the store personnel handled the situation admirably. My kind of store.

Thanks Cosmic for finding the video.

No, it was definitely a planned stunt. Just like the fat cow in the OP...

Buddy of mine told me he was following an unmasked redneck looking dude going into Menards. At the entrance, an armed and uniformed security guard stepped in front of him, said he needed to wear a mask, and if needed he could buy one right then and there for $1. Guy turned around and left. Buddy gave the guard a thumbs up and air high five.

If I owned a retail business THAT is exactly the policy I'd put in place...

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Then there is this: Dentists who have always worn masks and gloves, changing every patient (or should have) and always had stringent office and tools hygiene protocols (or should have) are now tacking on $20 per appt for PPE.

I'm not a sheep. You don't see me wearing a shirt when I post a video to the world like the rest of you sheeple. Just like how all you people always wear pants to Costco. Sheep! Or how you people use forks and spoons when you eat out at restaurants. Sheep! All you people try to gently sneeze into your elbow instead of aggressively scream-sneezing out into the open air. Sheep! And don't get me started with the way you all stop at your fancy red lights instead of insisting on exercising your Constitutional rights.

That pesky constitution right?

That pesky constitution right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Police_power_(United_States_constitutional_law)

Even more fundamentally, use of police power draws on two (Latin) principles, sic utere tuo ut alienum non laedas ("use that which is yours so as not to injure others"), and salus populi suprema lex esto ("the welfare of the people shall be the supreme law"), to justify restriction of individual liberties in order to protect the general welfare.[3]

Great story, probably took his money to Lowes or Home Depot. The cool thing is Menards has the choice to do this and I like the guy would have respectfully walked away. The other cool thing is we live where there are choices and the customer knew that, air high five to him.

Reactions: HillzHoozier
Cosco should’ve never let him into the store. You’d think their security would’ve taken care of this guy before he was able to gather a cart full of goods. Btw, wasn’t that his wife next to him wearing a mask? You’d think a guy like this would be ashamed to be seen with her.

Reactions: cosmickid
Cosco should’ve never let him into the store. You’d think their security would’ve taken care of this guy before he was able to gather a cart full of goods. Btw, wasn’t that his wife next to him wearing a mask? You’d think a guy like this would be ashamed to be seen with her.
I wondered how that happened. Don't they check for your membership at the door?

Menards requires a mask, and if you don't have one, they'll direct you to customer service and sell you a 30 cent one for a dollar!

Reactions: hoot1
That'll keep all the Real Men out of the store.
I don't like the policy, but I needed some things. Gov Holcomb is releasing the hounds Friday. Stage 3 100-person gatherings and opening campgrounds for the holiday, among other #freedoms. It's about time...

Its incredible how infantile people are. Are they still arguing against wearing a seat belt too? The idiot has a medical condition against seat belts too?

I guess this is what it's like to deal with a petulant teenager. It's embarrassing.

Reactions: Digressions
So if that's the excuse [scam] they're relying on, can we presume they know a claim of plain ol' "Constitutional right" is bullshit? Otherwise, why would they need to invent this bogus justification? Wouldn't a legitimate "Constitutional right" be enough?

Menards requires a mask, and if you don't have one, they'll direct you to customer service and sell you a 30 cent one for a dollar!

What the supermarkets here do is that they have strips on the floor to socially distance you 1 metre apart.

They also only allow a certain number of customers into the supermarket at any one time. (Was at a branch of Citibank last week -- allowed only a customer inside the branch at any one time and 2metre social distance outside. A Citibank policy but not a Singaporean policy.)

Then the supermarket folks then scan your ID's bar code at the entrance to allow the Ministry of Health to trace you in case someone there the same time was tested positive later. Then they scan your ID again on the way out.

All malls will scan you on the way in too.

Then the supermarket folks then scan your ID's bar code at the entrance to allow the Ministry of Health to trace you in case someone there the same time was tested positive later. Then they scan your ID again on the way out.

All malls will scan you on the way in too.
That would never fly in the land 'o the free. But you do you...

I'm fine with the lines on the floor and one person per cart in the stores. I am gonna have real trouble not driving 93 mph any longer when the roads fill back up.

Reactions: Digressions
Great story, probably took his money to Lowes or Home Depot. The cool thing is Menards has the choice to do this and I like the guy would have respectfully walked away. The other cool thing is we live where there are choices and the customer knew that, air high five to him.

Cool story- but irrelevant to this particular thread. Absolutely no poster in this thread has ever suggested that any of these clowns do not have the right to go to a store of their choosing that does not require masks. I would probably choose to take my business to stores that require masks, all things being equal.

This thread is about people trying to violate the mask policy of stores like Costco and then whining like babies when those same stores enforce their readily displayed policy. The responsible anti-makers on this site have acknowledged that they have no problem complying with a store's policy. This thread is about people who selfishly maintain that they do not have to. I guess they think they're "special", and from the videos posted I'd say they are right...

Reactions: sglowrider
ADVERTISEMENT