ADVERTISEMENT

I'm hearing PU Neal is medically cleared, but refuses to play for Brohm.

IU PU Rivalry

Newcomer
Sep 19, 2019
Been cleared since week 3, but decided not to plsy and instead prep for the NFL.

Some rumblings of culture issues going on in WL.

Reactions: iulb
Been cleared since week 3, but decided not to plsy and instead prep for the NFL.

With their season circling the drain, I can see why he'd do that. He's already been hurt once - why take the chance on doing it again in a crappy season.

But yeah, it doesn't exactly scream commitment or any particular loyalty to Brohm.

Brohm lost to Kevin Wilson. That’s a pretty big indictment.

Not to poop on your Kevin Wilson sucks parade but OSU looks pretty good. And we've regressed since Kevin Wilson. KW is a world class a-hole but losing to him isn't why Brohm sucks.

Reactions: fpeaugh
Not to poop on your Kevin Wilson sucks parade but OSU looks pretty good. And we've regressed since Kevin Wilson. KW is a world class a-hole but losing to him isn't why Brohm sucks.

OSU being really good has very little to do with Wilson. I could have his role and I’m not sure there would be much difference. It’s Ohio State. And Ryan Days offense.

OSU being really good has very little to do with Wilson. I could have his role and I’m not sure there would be much difference. It’s Ohio State. And Ryan Days offense.
It's Ryan Day's Defense that is really good. Their Offense has always been good - Urban put that Offense in.

With their season circling the drain, I can see why he'd do that. He's already been hurt once - why take the chance on doing it again in a crappy season.

But yeah, it doesn't exactly scream commitment or any particular loyalty to Brohm.
I get the sit out, dont suffer an injury, train for the combine; but doesnt this suggest lack of team player, more an I type guy?

No you couldn't. Honestly, I doubt you really excel at the field you have chosen in real life.

I get the sit out, dont suffer an injury, train for the combine; but doesnt this suggest lack of team player, more an I type guy?
No, I don't think so. I think he's being realistic. If he's not a Senior, I can see him coming back to play.

But he sees a team that's going nowhere, so why risk your potential income in a losing cause?

He's looking our for #1, for which I can't say I blame him if I were in his position.

Where'd you hear this from Tom Allen. If he decides not to play it's strictly a business decision. Has Nothing to do with The coach. If he decides to shut it down I do not blame him.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Where'd you hear this from Tom Allen. If he decides not to play it's strictly a business decision. Has Nothing to do with The coach. If he decides to shut it down I do not blame him.
I'd sure as hell revoke his scholarship.

Romeo Langford did the same thing last year, and his dad was in favor of it a couple months before the season ended. When there’s that much money waiting in the pros, can’t blame Neal or Langford for sitting.

I certainly don't know (or care) what the situation is...but what I do know is that you would have even less insight.

And you know nothing...nothing about the Langford's except that PorkChop didn't want him. Empty loudmouth.

IDK the situation but I'll say this...If he was my teammate and quit??? Your with your football mates and quitter shows up. Not good for him. jus sayin. This generation is sh!t!
But it’s becoming more common every year. A dozen or so players skipped bowl games a year ago, Noah Vonleh shut it down a few years ago, and Langford skipped the NIT game and it was strongly rumored that Tim Langford wanted him to shut it down mid season as his ligament injury was hurting his game. Whether he fell in the draft due to that is anyone’s guess, but his dad wanting him to sit isn’t hard to understand since the financial ramifications are so great. Coaches can’t do or say much for fear of scaring away future recruits, so it’s a situation that’s here to stay, even if many of us know and care about the sport don’t like it.

Reactions: DANC
But it’s becoming more common every year. A dozen or so players skipped bowl games a year ago, Noah Vonleh shut it down a few years ago, and Langford skipped the NIT game and it was strongly rumored that Tim Langford wanted him to shut it down mid season as his ligament injury was hurting his game. Whether he fell in the draft due to that is anyone’s guess, but his dad wanting him to sit isn’t hard to understand since the financial ramifications are so great. Coaches can’t do or say much for fear of scaring away future recruits, so it’s a situation that’s here to stay, even if many of us know and care about the sport don’t like it.
Well its football too...I've been watching the rugby world cup, thats good stuff.

Today my son is back on fall break so the nfl games were on for the first time in awhile in my household. My Gawd its so watered down. They call such bullsh!t. What happened to slobberknock football? The QB is untouchable. I'm old school, Aaron Rodgers would be knocked out of my game in the 1st quarter if I was coach. That little whiner bitched from being scratched.

Rugby is here and alive in the states. Give it 10 years.

Tired of this entitlement attitude of these kids lately. My kid worked hard labor all summer and it was his choice. He made killer money but he is paying all his frat room and board and dues from the work he did. We told him we were done paying and he stepped up. :)

Anyways the quit attitude and expecting special treatment. I'm over it.

Reactions: DGJRieman
That's an uncalled for comment. & a bit of a bi+C# move, frankly. & btw, yes he could. A f#%^ng Chimpanzee could excel at OC in that offense right now. Honestly.
Easy for fans to think they could step in and coach a team, but the reality is that wouldn’t work at all. OSU and Michigan have both recruited at a very high level, but one offense hums while the other gets bogged down constantly. That’s coaching pure and simple.

Reactions: DANC and grammy2
Easy for fans to think they could step in and coach a team, but the reality is that wouldn’t work at all. OSU and Michigan have both recruited at a very high level, but one offense hums while the other gets bogged down constantly. That’s coaching pure and simple.
Uh-huh. Thanx coach.

Last edited:
That's an uncalled for comment. & a bit of a bi+C# move, frankly. & btw, yes he could. A f#%^ng Chimpanzee could excel at OC in that offense right now. Honestly.

The problem with Michigan is that offensive roster was built to play Pro-Style power football.

This year Harbaugh changed the OC who implemented a new spread offense. The personnel (mainly Patterson) haven't made the transition smoothly.

The problem with Michigan is that offensive roster was built to play Pro-Style power football.

This year Harbaugh changed the OC who implemented a new spread offense. The personnel (mainly Patterson) haven't made the transition smoothly.
But he’s had trouble with his offense no matter who the OC has been, so it’s not merely a matter of changing styles. The bigger issue is claiming anyone could coach OSU, which is ridiculous on its face.

But he’s had trouble with his offense no matter who the OC has been, so it’s not merely a matter of changing styles. The bigger issue is claiming anyone could coach OSU, which is ridiculous on its face.
Yes. That OSU comment doesn't make sense. When you have that much talent, you have that many ego's. A good coach can get all those egos to work together, play together, and win together.

"Strongly rumored"? lol

Reactions: DANC
Romeo played with his injury. He didn't quit. It was his decision and he played. That is all you need to know.

This is true. Remember the Pinstripe Bowl -2015. Jordan Howard did not play. Opted to sit and Devine Redding had a monster game at running back.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT