ADVERTISEMENT

Im done

So, on the road Archie instructs them to play like $h!t and not take the ball inside, but at home they’re instructed to do that? THAT’S reasonable?

Or maybe on the road, without any leadership when things get tough, they revert back to the same bad habits of taking shots outside the flow of the offense? Couldn’t be that, could it?

I’ll give you this: Archie did a horrible job of holding people accountable - especially Green.

We haven't been that good at home either. We're currently 5-2 against Power 5 schools. However, 2 of the wins were against Nebraska (in OT) and Northwestern. Both of those games we were awful.

Last edited:
Well good grief when you start a 6' 10", 6' 9 and 6' 8" front court youd hope they could rebound.
Many can't. He was pointing out a litany of woes and I noted that rebounding was one o
Well good grief when you start a 6' 10", 6' 9 and 6' 8" front court youd hope they could rebound.
Many teams that tall don't. He was pointing out a litany of woes and I was pointing out rebounding wasn't one of them. We just came off a pair of games against two of the best teams in the conference with only 14 combined turnovers so that is not always an issue despite the horrendous ball handling yesterday. The shooting is the one problem is killing us more than anything. I was also concerned that their effort level went away in the second half.

? for the believers, what makes you think Archie is the right man for the job? this type of basketball is depressing. Please pump some sunshine in this troll.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
Ill come back at the BTT. I turned it off. I cant watch Green play another minute. Not sure if Ill watch them again this year. They looked really good against Mich St and Maryland minus the last minute.
Agreed on Green, my blood pressure increases the minute he is put in the game. I wish he was 1/2 as good as his confidence level. I don't have the time to go back & watch the game, but i am pretty sure Green committed more than 2 turnovers, which is what is listed on the stat sheet. This was the 1st time in 45 years of watching i turned off the game before it was over, somewhere between 3 & 5 minutes to go in the game.

It's the chicken or the egg you either blame the players for not listening to the coach or blame the coach for not instructing them properly. Personally if a business is failing they don't fire all the employees they fire the CEO why is that? I guess the employees just didn't listen to the CEO.
Still coaching. RMK would have consequences for not listening. Cal deals with biggest egos in college hoops and has no problem putting their rear ends on the bench when they don’t listen.

Agreed on Green, my blood pressure increases the minute he is put in the game. I wish he was 1/2 as good as his confidence level. I don't have the time to go back & watch the game, but i am pretty sure Green committed more than 2 turnovers, which is what is listed on the stat sheet. This was the 1st time in 45 years of watching i turned off the game before it was over, somewhere between 3 & 5 minutes to go in the game.
The game was over with 3 to 5 to go in the game.

We haven't been that good at home either. We're currently 5-2 against Power 5 schools at home. However, 2 of the wins were against Nebraska (in OT) and Northwestern. Both of those games we were awful.
We HAD been getting better - somewhat in the win at Nebraska, definitely against MSU and better part of Maryland.

Last night we took a step backwards, primarily because we reverted to the same habits (especially Green) that result in the offense having issues. On-court leadership holds no one accountable; Archie has to sit people to reinforce the game plan. Green wants to throw sloppy lop passes or try to feed the post with one-handed hook passes from the free throw line (instead of a diagonal entry), bench his ass. Play Franklin more or give Bybee the minutes - provide consequences for undisciplined play.

? for the believers, what makes you think Archie is the right man for the job? this type of basketball is depressing. Please pump some sunshine in this troll.
It’s not worth the effort. You don’t like the team, don’t watch it. You don’t like IU, pick another university to support. You could leave the board too.

It’s not worth the effort. You don’t like the team, don’t watch it. You don’t like IU, pick another university to support. You could leave the board too.
How many years and how many waisted hours does it take to make 27,000 posts defending this crap.

There are some good parts on the team but there may still be too many Crean-ites on the team. Archie is still in pass mode for this year in my judgment. Next year they should be all his players. No pass next year if the same sloppy fundamental play rears it ugly head on a regular basis. I don't expect no mistakes to be made on the court but jeezus how about some court awareness. Too many passes to where there are no IU players.

If the staff I hire doesn't deliver, I won't be managing at my job for very long either. I'm the one who interviewed and hired them or inherited them. Are you saying Archie isn't accountable for their performance?
Analogies like this won’t even be remotely close, unless it’s a govt staff. Then you would see shit performances just as you saw last night. And you wouldn’t be able to fire your staff.

He posed a good question
Analogies like this won’t even be remotely close, unless it’s a govt staff. Then you would see shit performances just as you saw last night. And you wouldn’t be able to fire your staff.
Well, the IU philosophy & formula for winning/building a program is not working & hasn't for some time. One of the highest paid coaches (top 10-15 depending on rankings), we outspend everyone on recruiting https://watchstadium.com/how-much-i...-on-college-basketball-recruiting-07-29-2019/ & the results have been sub-par at best. The biggest slap in the face is in our home state, Butler. Look at their performance this year & the past 10 years, on a fraction of what IU spends. The NCAA appearances alone, 2 NCAA finals & at least one Sweet 16. From a business standpoint, the ROI sucks. Maybe start from scratch with nobody coach to build a new BB program. (Many will say stupid idea, but current plan ain't working & hasn't for a while)

He posed a good question

Well, the IU philosophy & formula for winning/building a program is not working & hasn't for some time. One of the highest paid coaches (top 10-15 depending on rankings), we outspend everyone on recruiting https://watchstadium.com/how-much-i...-on-college-basketball-recruiting-07-29-2019/ & the results have been sub-par at best. The biggest slap in the face is in our home state, Butler. Look at their performance this year & the past 10 years, on a fraction of what IU spends. The NCAA appearances alone, 2 NCAA finals & at least one Sweet 16. From a business standpoint, the ROI sucks. Maybe start from scratch with nobody coach to build a new BB program. (Many will say stupid idea, but current plan ain't working & hasn't for a while)
You are making valid fact driven points that will not go over well with Aloha and his Apologist Apostles.

Reactions: Hoosier in SC
He posed a good question

This is how many of us feel. gus johnson on national tv calling assembly hall the carnegie hall of arenas. amazing fan support. financially valued as a top 5 program. largest recruiting budget int he country. the roi has been a joke. that said, like TMP and others point out: what's the solution? are there high major coaches that we can lure here? it doesn't seem like there are. do we just keep overpaying guy's like miller who came from mid majors and aren't cutting it. and next year won't be any better. the key indicator is recruiting and what we have coming isn't in the same stratosphere is the big boys, despite all of the money spent. so again maybe we do take a different approach. maybe we hire a fife and save some money. give it to the physics dept. many of us are at a loss for the solution. but miller is not it unless and until recruiting gets a major boost. i was hoping a good season this year and a tourney appearance would help. who knows it may still.

i will say landing one of these blue blood gigs sets you up nicely for about 20 years. you get 3-5 years at top dollar, then canned, then a buyout, then latch on at P5 nontraditional bball power like a georgia, do it again for 3-5 years, rince repeat, then land at midmajor or lower d1 school, rince repeat, then retire as an nba asst or scout. hell of a gig if you can get it.

Ill respond to only this thread tonight so u dont have a gotcha response. I dont ever post any nonsense but Im just really fed up. Ill boycott this team until they fully rebound or until end of the year. Really tired if the drama all over the place. IU wins and people are all over calling people haters and bragging about Purdues losses. We lose and all the other trolls come out bumping their chests. I cant take it anymore. Ive hit my tipping point.

I find it funny, that it's all about you and your WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Basketball isn't about your WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH ... we're not your mommy and you don't deserve a hug.

Bunch of irrational pussies .. you post like our team plays.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
This is how many of us feel. gus johnson on national tv calling assembly hall the carnegie hall of arenas. amazing fan support. financially valued as a top 5 program. largest recruiting budget int he country. the roi has been a joke. that said, like TMP and others point out: what's the solution? are there high major coaches that we can lure here? it doesn't seem like there are. do we just keep overpaying guy's like miller who came from mid majors and aren't cutting it. and next year won't be any better. the key indicator is recruiting and what we have coming isn't in the same stratosphere is the big boys, despite all of the money spent. so again maybe we do take a different approach. maybe we hire a fife and save some money. give it to the physics dept. many of us are at a loss for the solution. but miller is not it unless and until recruiting gets a major boost. i was hoping a good season this year and a tourney appearance would help. who knows it may still.

i will say landing one of these blue blood gigs sets you up nicely for about 20 years. you get 3-5 years at top dollar, then canned, then a buyout, then latch on at P5 nontraditional bball power like a georgia, do it again for 3-5 years, rince repeat, then land at midmajor or lower d1 school, rince repeat, then retire as an nba asst or scout. hell of a gig if you can get it.
I always thought Fife or Michael Lewis would be a good head coach someday, maybe at IU.

I always thought Fife or Michael Lewis would be a good head coach someday, maybe at IU.

it's unfortunate alford wasn't our roy williams. we've been unlucky in re to the blue bloods. unc pulled williams. coach k didn't have a knight meltdown. kansas pulled self from a major program. and kentucky would do whatever it takes to win hence calipari. if we're not going to lure a proven coach from a P5 conference, it does begin to become ridiculous to spend as much money as we do for marginal results.

Reactions: Hoosier in SC
We HAD been getting better - somewhat in the win at Nebraska, definitely against MSU and better part of Maryland.

Last night we took a step backwards, primarily because we reverted to the same habits (especially Green) that result in the offense having issues. On-court leadership holds no one accountable; Archie has to sit people to reinforce the game plan. Green wants to throw sloppy lop passes or try to feed the post with one-handed hook passes from the free throw line (instead of a diagonal entry), bench his ass. Play Franklin more or give Bybee the minutes - provide consequences for undisciplined play.
Exactly. And Archie runs the risk of losing the respect of the young guys like Rob and TJD and Jerome by not holding older guys like Green and Al accountable for such undisciplined and selfish play. Archie just looks like too much of a bystander to me when things go south. This is when he needs to be a lot more demanding of his older players to stay focused and lead, or they sit. If we lose by 40 playing walkons, so be it. That lack of effort and focus was just appalling.

Reactions: BigMobe
Aloha too.
Nah. I’m just a confident, nonhysterical, but passionate, IU graduate and fan enjoying the process of watching this team grow and understanding the occasional setback along the way. I’m looking forward to watching this team play in the NCAA tournament this year.

The only thing I’m sure about you is you’re a miserable, disrespectful lil’ dipstick and a piss poor excuse for an IU fan - and I’m seriously not sold on the “fan” part of that.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrBing and JIMSHAM
Exactly. And Archie runs the risk of losing the respect of the young guys like Rob and TJD and Jerome by not holding older guys like Green and Al accountable for such undisciplined and selfish play. .

Exactly.

If Archie is gonna succeed in Bloomington, he needs to draw the line in the sand. Without question, it should have already happened. But you can’t keep giving guys chances without repercussions.

Reactions: BigMobe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT