ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois/IU Prediction Thread

I knew expectations last year were totally out of proportion, but the Iowa game was such a splash of cold water.
They were out of proportion for what happened but not for what should have happened. 11 wins would have been optimistic for sure but 5 or 6 losses would have been pessimistic. There were question marks and the answers all turned out to be no.

My only prediction is that those of you that believe IU is going to score 27 plus points off the Illinois defense have no idea how strong our defense is. This is not the same Illinois program you guys saw the last time we played you. Much more disciplined and organized, with a coordinator that knows how to scheme, and players that have bought into it.
Hey, **** off

Illinois 27 - IU 21

I've learned though many years of watching football to not get my hopes up too high over it. I have come to accept what it is. That said, I am very excited for the kickoff. It's been a long summer and I am ready.

IU 24 - ILL 20
IU may struggle early given UI had an opportunity to get the first game adrenaline rush out of their system. Hopefully the defense can keep the score in check long enough for the O to settle in and get things going.
First one on with score. I think winner

Reactions: iu2win
My only prediction is that those of you that believe IU is going to score 27 plus points off the Illinois defense have no idea how strong our defense is. This is not the same Illinois program you guys saw the last time we played you. Much more disciplined and organized, with a coordinator that knows how to scheme, and players that have bought into it.
L

But speaking of bad picks, this one from one year ago was a doozy.

FTR, I had IOWA in that one. So I’d say we’re even. ;)
In my defense, I didn’t think Penix would be so jittery. Dude was scared out of his mind.

Reactions: SRIV94
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT