ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois house passed a bill for employees

mcmurtry66

Hall of Famer
Mar 14, 2019
who get Covid to be covered under workers comp. I imagine this will end up being the case across the country.

who get Covid to be covered under workers comp. I imagine this will end up being the case across the country.
So it won't be contested or require any evidence of origin? It will be assumed you got it at work and not at the block party over the weekend?

I'm not taking issue one way or another, it just sounds odd. Workman's comp normally requires that the "injury" be work related, right?

So it won't be contested or require any evidence of origin? It will be assumed you got it at work and not at the block party over the weekend?

I'm not taking issue one way or another, it just sounds odd. Workman's comp normally requires that the "injury" be work related, right?
Yeah good questions. I really don’t know. Yeah comp is no fault and during the course and scope of your employment. As for showing you got it at work versus the block party I really don’t know.

It does, but you have to remember why worker's comp exists, and what the trade off is. It exists for those workers whose employers don't have the means to adequately compensate them for their injuries, and the trade off is that workers no longer have the ability to sue their employers for the difference. It's actually (not just in theory, but technically, as well) a group insurance policy. I understand the reticence when it comes to payment for some asshole who only got Covid because he went to a crowded beach, but that's not the system, and the system exists for a reason, and it would be next level bullshit for employers to complain about it now.

ADVERTISEMENT