ADVERTISEMENT

Ignore button

So, there are crickets and tumbleweeds on this site for you?

That's the only downside, you don't initially see any thread started by someone you've ignored (I've tried to keep tabs on the IU v UK game/Cuban talk for instance), and it also keeps their comments hidden, so at times you only see 1 side of a conversation, but you an always click a button at the bottom that says display ignored content. It's not perfect, but a vast improvement if all those comments are annoying to you.

That's the only downside, you don't initially see any thread started by someone you've ignored (I've tried to keep tabs on the IU v UK game/Cuban talk for instance), and it also keeps their comments hidden, so at times you only see 1 side of a conversation, but you an always click a button at the bottom that says display ignored content. It's not perfect, but a vast improvement if all those comments are annoying to you.

Thanks for the info. Actually all I want is genuine discussion of IU basketball and don’t mind crickets.

Reactions: IULouie
The “ignore” crowd are an interesting group. They don’t seem able to consider anyone’s opinion but their own, so the ignore function is probably best for them.
6851229_orig.jpg

Someone in one of the threads brought up how to eliminate all the trolls that have infested this website. I used it yesterday and the sight is now resembling its old self.
Gone are the attention screamers, negative Nancys and people not engaged with IU basketball.
I'm not 100% sure how to use the button. What I normally do is just ignore something if I think it is trivial or silly. Now sometimes I might converse with those kinds of people in a light hearted manner because I try to not take it so seriously.

I'm not 100% sure how to use the button. What I normally do is just ignore something if I think it is trivial or silly. Now sometimes I might converse with those kinds of people in a light hearted manner because I try to not take it so seriously.

I don't think its about people taking others too seriously as much as its just plain annoying. You have to sift through it or threads get derailed right away and just become a lot of nonsense. The more people that actually ignore other people and don't respond to them, the conversations will become normal again. The mods here just don't seem to care and its caused people to leave the board. I, myself, am at my wits end as well. Its time to rule with an iron fist because its a bit out of hand.

I have had one poster on ignore for 2 weeks and it has improved my reading of the board immensely. .I just put a second one on "ignore" moments ago and I will try it for 2 weeks. I will see how it goes....

I have no problem with anyone ignoring anyone. I do seem to be able to just shrug it off as silliness. I do have to admit I am often impressed by the dislike and verbal abuse that some posters post.

I have had one poster on ignore for 2 weeks and it has improved my reading of the board immensely. .I just put a second one on "ignore" moments ago and I will try it for 2 weeks. I will see how it goes....
Does the ignore feature reset after 2 weeks?

If the ignore function was properly utilized, I doubt anyone would read what you post.

I'll pass on the ignore button. There's no law that states you have to respond to people. And I enjoy debate as long as people can stay on topic. Unfortunately we have no real basketball to talk about right now, and everyone is a little grumpy being sequestered at home.

Just my 2 cents on how I approach this issue. To each their own. It's a free country. Sort of...

Last edited:
I'll pass on the ignore button. There's no law that states you have to respond to people. And I enjoy debate as long as people can stay on topic. Unfortunately we have no real basketball to talk about right now, and everyone is a little grumpy being sequestered at home.

Just my 2 cents on how I approach this issue. To each their own. It's a free country. Sort of...

For me, it's not that I feel at all compelled to reply, it's that I grow bored of the repetitive back and forth bitching threads (Birnk and Hondo I think) and those who offer no real bball content other than flaming (runninritchie) where I use it, or some folks who don't really post anything beyond their schtick (fpeaugh). I just don't like wading through all the crap to find any legit discussion. That's probably just about everyone I have blocked.

Reactions: RunninRichie
For me, it's not that I feel at all compelled to reply, it's that I grow bored of the repetitive back and forth bitching threads (Birnk and Hondo I think) and those who offer no real bball content other than flaming (runninritchie) where I use it, or some folks who don't really post anything beyond their schtick (fpeaugh). I just don't like wading through all the crap to find any legit discussion. That's probably just about everyone I have blocked.
understood. With the current events in the USA, there really isn't much to discuss on the college bball front, at least from an IU program perspective, other than any potential transfers and Kaufmann's recruitment. I'm close to bugging out for a few months and start fishing more. We all know where everyone presently stands wrt CAM, so the endless debate isn't going anywhere right now. Just hoping school starts in Aug and the season in Nov. Right now I'm not overly confident in either.

Click on his name and then press ignore. It’s that simple.
There’s been some good posts on this topic. Especially the fact that pretty much everything is shut down at the moment. My problem though is legitimate discussion is constantly being high jacked by the same self important twits. I’m so done with that kind of nonsense.

Reactions: Tru2Irish
If you really want to weed out the trolls, pay the monthly $9.50 for the premie board. Trolls won't create 500 usernames because it costs $9.50 each month for each username. Despite how awesome some trolls on the freebie boards think they are (and they all may be the same person), they don't have the money for even one username. I've never seen a troll on the premie boards, and it is because of the gate fee.

Last edited:
If you really want to weed out the trolls, pay the monthly $9.50 for the premie board. Trolls won't create 500 usernames because it costs $9.50 each month for each username. Despite how awesome some trolls on the freebie boards think they are (and they all may be the same person), they don't have the money for even one username. I've never seen a troll on the premie boards, and it is because of the gate fee.
Instead of paying for the privilege to access a forum, I'll use the free ignore button. I tried a year membership once (while still Peegs) and didn't find it to be worth the $100, even with the additional articles behind the paywall.

Reactions: RunninRichie
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT