ADVERTISEMENT

If you're having popup issues with on your iPad or PC/Mac...

Bloom.

Aug 28, 2001
Carmel, IN
twitter.com
On the Ipad:

Settings > Safari > scroll down to Privacy and Security > Clear History and Website Data

You'll likely have to login again, but it has solved the problem for others.

On your computer/laptop, you'll have to find the Preferences or Settings for your browser, find Privacy or Security and do the same thing. Clear web data or cookies is truly what you're looking for.

• Haha
Reactions: jmix and Lucy01
It’s just irritating to see the pop up cover what I’m trying to read over and over again.

Think they have stopped. I went through the procedure again and this time restarted the computer.
Restarting the computer may have worked on its own. :)

However, when you're having issues with content in a browser, always start by clearing your cache, which is effectively your web data/cookies, including your history. Websites can often change how they handle cookies or page hierarchy, and it can create conflicts.

Is this still good advice? Will it require me to sign in on all of my bookmarked websites, or only this one?

Clearing the cache and clearing cookies are two different things. Clear the cache but not the cookies first and see what happens. I'd also recommend using uBlock Origin as posted above.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT