ADVERTISEMENT

If you hate Kentucky

UT has played Notre Dame in home and home series. Same with USC, Oklahoma( again this season) BYU, UCLA, Miami,Oregon, Pitt, Boston College, etc. It is the one University unafraid to play tough OOC opponents on the road. Even though we have been lousy for the last decade and have taken some brutal beatings. (whereas Florida refuses to leave the state)

Here is a list of those already signed up to play. Find a spot and jump on.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/tennessee/

Yeah. Apparently to daunting for our fanbase.

They'd rather go 6-6 and play in the Lame Bowl than roll the dice with a cool schedule that includes "bowl games" in September.

To them, watching us in Lame Bowl is cooler than September tilts....

But they don't go to the games anyway, so what does it matter?

Reactions: bang63

They'd rather go 6-6 and play in the Lame Bowl than roll the dice with a cool schedule that includes "bowl games" in September.

No would rather win games and go to bowl games. Better than playing “bowl games in September” and then 9 BIG games still makes no sense to me. Potentially getting beat up before conference even starts. Just curious not meaning to be a jerk but have you coached football ?

Reactions: 76-1
No would rather win games and go to bowl games. Better than playing “bowl games in September” and then 9 BIG games still makes no sense to me. Potentially getting beat up before conference even starts. Just curious not meaning to be a jerk but have you coached football ?
We stayed relatively healthy til the end of the season.The players are so big and so fast now days and the collisions are so much more violent today. It is nice to play little lesser opponents. It is also it is tough to play your “A” game 12 games in a season. It is nice to be able to not maybe play your best game and still get a win.

We stayed relatively healthy til the end of the season.The players are so big and so fast now days and the collisions are so much more violent today. It is nice to play little lesser opponents. It is also it is tough to play your “A” game 12 games in a season. It is nice to be able to not maybe play your best game and still get a win.

IU is what it is and they did what they needed to do to take a big step in the right direction. Recruiting is on the right path and facilities are stellar.

Football is a social event in Btown but it is headed in a good direction. Relax and enjoy the ride.

I'm thinking this is some kind of a shtick, because no one could possibly be this dense.

News flash! We're not 6-6. We're 8-4. And that's exactly the point. The kind of OOC schedule you want would have landed us in the "Lame Bowl" or perhaps no bowl at all. Instead, eight wins is getting us to Florida in a prime-time match against a quality opponent in a reputable, established bowl game. This season, ending with a bowl game in fertile recruiting territory, is a boon for IU football and an important building block for the future. This is how you grow a football program.

P.S. You're making assumptions about game attendance that couldn't be more wrong. I've dropped some substantial coin over the years watching IU play not only in Bloomington but in far-flung places like Hartford CT, Miami FL and Tempe, AZ. I'll be at this game as well. Will you?

It blows my mind that there are long time iu fans like you that arent absolutely elated with the way this season played. Enjoy it! We may not see another one of these for 25 years!

In regards to your gripe about scheduling...it would be suicide for this program to schedule tougher ooc until they can start winning 10 games per year consistently. Playing in the big ten east, iu cant afford to gamble with the ooc schedule. You've gotta walk before you run, or we are just gonna slide back to the bottom.

I'm thinking this is some kind of a shtick, because no one could possibly be this dense.

News flash! We're not 6-6. We're 8-4. And that's exactly the point. The kind of OOC schedule you want would have landed us in the "Lame Bowl" or perhaps no bowl at all. Instead, eight wins is getting us to Florida in a prime-time match against a quality opponent in a reputable, established bowl game. This season, ending with a bowl game in fertile recruiting territory, is a boon for IU football and an important building block for the future. This is how you grow a football program.

P.S. You're making assumptions about game attendance that couldn't be more wrong. I've dropped some substantial coin over the years watching IU play not only in Bloomington but in far-flung places like Hartford CT, Miami FL and Tempe, AZ. I'll be at this game as well. Will you?

Did you pay to watch E Illinois? What about UConn?

Was that worth your time or money?

A half filled stadium speaks volumes, and it will continue that way irregardless of our record if we play shite teams.

I'll make it simple for you, why were their more people at the Florida State bball game than the Portland State one?

A half filled stadium speaks volumes, and it will continue that way irregardless of our record if we play shite teams.

I'll make it simple for you, why were their more people at the Florida State bball game than the Portland State one?
Whatever you say, Matt. See you at the Gator Bowl. Go Hoosiers!

I did. I enjoyed both of those games far more than the OSU and Michigan games. And I'm going to enjoy the 5 days in Florida in a couple of weeks much more than sitting home in Indiana. I wouldn't trade that for watching losses to top-rated teams in Bloomington or anywhere else in September. And 4-8 teams aren't going to sell any more tickets than 8-4 teams playing bad opponents.

Someday soon I hope we are ready to compete with high-level ooc opponents and still make it to a bowl game. Until then, I'll take a bowl game any day.

We can make bowl games playing good OOC games. The ticket holding fans deserve better games. The players WANT better games.

Ask any kid on the team if they'd give up a Detroit Bowl against Kent State for a home and home with Florida State, with the risk they might not make a bowl then. 100% would choose the latter.

I'll argue with you guys after I get out of MSG later...

you know, an OOC game against a good team in a cool location worth spending money to go to.

We can make bowl games playing good OOC games. The ticket holding fans deserve better games. The players WANT better games.

Ask any kid on the team if they'd give up a Detroit Bowl against Kent State for a home and home with Florida State, with the risk they might not make a bowl then. 100% would choose the latter.

you know, an OOC game against a good team in a cool location worth spending money to go to.
The same UConn that we played in football ? Hmmm

Well......good luck on that one. MSG is a house of horrors for us. I’m watching but don’t know how great a matchup it is.

Actually, we need to adopt the football scheduling for the hardwood until we can get our basketball program back to a competitive level. We need as many wins as possible.

Well......good luck on that one. MSG is a house of horrors for us. I’m watching but don’t know how great a matchup it is.

Actually, we need to adopt the football scheduling for the hardwood until we can get our basketball program back to a competitive level. We need as many wins as possible.

The UConn lean was strong.

Tech actually had the best crowd out of any of us.

Figured we would show better, but whatever.

The Blarney Rock next to Stout is now called The Celtic Rail, BTW....

For those that actually pay money to go to games.

To bad you won’t, Tennessee is going to be healthy and ready and is going to destroy the Hoosiers...better hope gene hackman can give a pregame speech because y’all are about to be embarrassed. As for Rocky Top, you will hate hearing it at first but by the 4th quarter when you’ve heard it after the 50+ points put up on yer team you’ll start to kinda enjoy it in a weird way. Anyway, enjoy Christmas and NYE but then be ready to pay the piper, Vols 55 IU 14...

Whoa now Filly

Only teams that held us to 14 were Michigan and OSU.
Only team that got 50 on us was Ohio State.

I watched Ohio State and I was there when you struggled to beat Kentucky

You’re no Ohio State

We got 1,000 more yards than you, 100 more points, 16 more TDs, and you fumbled it 5 more times than us and threw 3 more picks.

I like our chances

Enjoy the holidays, then prepare to be smited!
We got a lot of scars.
We’re looking for a reckoning.

Whoa now Filly

You’re no Ohio State

We got 1,000 more yards than you, 100 more points, 16 more TDs, and you fumbled it 5 more times than us and threw 3 more picks.

I like our chances

We got a lot of scars.

Anyone who goes through "stats" to predict the score of a Vegas pick'em game is at best...a nerd.

At worst, a dork.

I predict the commentary here will reflect that.

Florida has not been great either. But IU is struggling to change over a hundred years of culture. They play in a very tough division as you know the SEC east is no cake walk. But the the SEC only plays 8 conference games. The BIG plays 9. We are not scheduling to try to make the playoffs. We are finally recruiting and building up depth. We have just recently started taking football seriously. Perhaps in the future we can schedule more ambitiously. Until then we need to continue to add depth, schedule wisely I do admit love to see us replace FCS schools with FBS schools and continue to get wins and play in more bowl games.

Playing in the SECE against Florida, Georgia & Mizzu( usually good. Tanked this year after their Q/B got hurt) is a tough row to hoe.

But, when the conference expanded, we drew Alabama as our permanent SECW yearly rival. Lucky us.

You don't know how rough it is crawling out of the hole until you land the 15th best recruiting class in America. Then look and see 9 other SEC teams in front of you.

Playing in the SECE against Florida, Georgia & Mizzu( usually good. Tanked this year after their Q/B got hurt) is a tough row to hoe.
Come on dude, you're preaching to IU football fans about playing tough competition? Are you serious??

We annually play the top two winningest football programs of all time in Michigan and Ohio State. We also annually play Penn State!! Your schedule isn't any tougher year in and year out than what Indiana sees.

But, when the conference expanded, we drew Alabama as our permanent SECW yearly rival. Lucky us.

You don't know how rough it is crawling out of the hole until you land the 15th best recruiting class in America. Then look and see 9 other SEC teams in front of you.

5 of the top 10 in the AP are SEC teams. UT played 3 of them. Auburn was in the top 10 last season as well and we had them on the rotation and beat them on their home field. This year, had Miss. State.

How many of The Final Top 10 did Indiana play?

You didn't beat anyone with a pulse. None of your victories came over anyone with a winning record so quit pretending that you are some powerhouse.
.UT had another crappy season, dropping 2 to start the season that they had absolutely NO excuse in losing. But even though our Q/B was playing with his 4th OC in 4 years and finished the last 5 games with a broken left hand, the team did manage to win 7 games overall.

We start 2 True Freshmen at the OT spots. Nobody else in the nation does that. But it is a necessity.

Sure you have 1000 more yards and a hell of a lot more TDs than UT. But who did you score them against? What were their defenses ranked at?

I had no intention of coming here to flame but you wanted to be an ass. So be it. Someone mentioned about how you can't predict anything by looking at stats of two different teams from 2 different conferences and I totally agree.

But there is one glaring stat your Q/B & OL have that stand out like a spotlight.

10 games - 21 sacks.
Ours:
12 games 14 sacks. Your line does not do as good a job of keeping your Q/B upright.

Also, our DBs and LBs do a better job of pass coverage and interceptions
Indiana - 5 Ints
Tennessee - 14 ints.

I have no idea who will win. But I expect Tennessee to. The last time UT faced Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Northwestern, Indiana, & Michigan in 10 different Bowl games, they won all 10 games( played Wisconsin and Northwestern twice) In fact, there are only 3 teams that UT does not own winning records against in the Big 10+2.
They are:
2-3 vs Pervert State
1-2 vs Nebraska
0-1 vs Purdue.

Last edited:
I think you are right about this....I think I hate them more already! go hang out at the Purdue chat room and you can both tell each other how great you are! another rant on our site making excuses about losses, coaching changes, being young, injuries....blah blah. We have had the same thing at IU. That's cool though, we like being the underdog and not having a chance!
If you hate Kentucky

Last edited:
5 of the top 10 in the AP are SEC teams. UT played 3 of them. Auburn was in the top 10 last season as well and we had them on the rotation and beat them on their home field. This year, had Miss. State.

How many of The Final Top 10 did Indiana play?

You didn't beat anyone with a pulse. None of your victories came over anyone with a winning record so quit pretending that you are some powerhouse.
.UT had another crappy season, dropping 2 to start the season that they had absolutely NO excuse in losing. But even though our Q/B was playing with his 4th OC in 4 years and finished the last 5 games with a broken left hand, the team did manage to win 7 games overall.

We start 2 True Freshmen at the OT spots. Nobody else in the nation does that. But it is a necessity.

Sure you have 1000 more yards and a hell of a lot more TDs than UT. But who did you score them against? What were their defenses ranked at?

I had no intention of coming here to flame but you wanted to be an ass. So be it. Someone mentioned about how you can't predict anything by looking at stats of two different teams from 2 different conferences and I totally agree.

But there is one glaring stat your Q/B & OL have that stand out like a spotlight.

10 games - 21 sacks.
Ours:
12 games 14 sacks. Your line does not do as good a job of keeping your Q/B upright.

Also, our DBs and LBs do a better job of pass coverage and interceptions
Indiana - 5 Ints
Tennessee - 14 ints.

I have no idea who will win. But I expect Tennessee to. The last time UT faced Minnesota, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Northwestern, Indiana, & Michigan in 10 different Bowl games, they won all 10 games( played Wisconsin and Northwestern twice) In fact, there are only 3 teams that UT does not own winning records against in the Big 10+2.
They are:
2-3 vs Pervert State
1-2 vs Nebraska
0-1 vs Purdue.

Wah!

We get to play Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State and Purdue every year.
Sometimes in the off years, we get a Wisconsin.
So you'll get no sympathy here about playing a hard schedule.

We played:
Ohio State (#6 when we played, #2 now)
Michigan State (#25 when we played, unranked now)
Penn State (#9 when we played, #13 now)
Michigan (#13 when we played, #17 now)

There's no such thing as a September bowl game.

Reactions: Palmbeachhoosier
Whoa now Filly

You’re no Ohio State

I like our chances

We got a lot of scars.
You forgot they lost at home to Georgia State.

From the outside looking in... You're right on this one.

For Indiana to get from where they are, to where they want to be, they need to beat people. That includes beating people outside the footprint of the B1G.

What a recruiting tool would be it to have a home-and-home with North Carolina, FSU, Tennessee, Kentucky, Iowa St, whoever... Games early in the season that are going to be nationally televised because they're a unique match up.

I am saying this as a Tennessee fan that gets to play Bama, Florida, Georgia every single year... Still want those games with the Oregon's and Oklahoma's of the world.

Whoa now Filly

You’re no Ohio State

I like our chances

We got a lot of scars.

You play in a shit conference with one good team...you will get annailated on national tv as it is the only game on Jan 2...Have fun fella.

You play in a shit conference with one good team...you will get annailated on national tv as it is the only game on Jan 2...Have fun fella.

now now - don't go away mad

If you didn't want us to comment, why did ya post?
Plus, I just picked a couple of facts.
I didn't flame throw ya.
I didn't even smite ya.

And its "annihilated" - not "annailated"

Nails hate to get ated

now now - don't go away mad

If you didn't want us to comment, why did ya post?
Plus, I just picked a couple of facts.
I didn't flame throw ya.
I didn't even smite ya.

And its "annihilated" - not "annailated"

Nails hate to get ated

This hilljack stumbled down out of the TN hills, overalls around his ankles, after pulling a “Deliverance” on his neighbor to find the nearest library computer and talk smack.

Or,,,he’s a Purdue fan, which wouldn’t put him too far from this profile.

Reactions: Indianaftw
This hilljack stumbled down out of the TN hills, overalls around his ankles, after pulling a “Deliverance” on his neighbor to find the nearest library computer and talk smack.

Or,,,he’s a Purdue fan, which wouldn’t put him too far from this profile.

He sounds to me like either a p u fan or a disgruntled O'hare Airport fan...

The spelling errors point to p u...

AP Top 25
SEC 5 teams
Big Ten 6 teams

And you fellas play 4 OOC games to pad your stats

Just because Auburn beat Purdue 63-14 doesn’t mean the rest of our league is weak.

Reactions: 76-1
AP Top 25
SEC 5 teams
Big Ten 6 teams

And you fellas play 4 OOC games to pad your stats

Just because Auburn beat Purdue 63-14 doesn’t mean the rest of our league is weak.

As of today, Tennessee would have the 2nd best recruiting class in the B1G.

7th in the SEC being 9th in the country.

This isn’t some conference pride BS either... it’s just a fact that the SEC is head and shoulders the best conference in the country and it isn’t even close.

I would also put Tennessee’s OOC schedule the last decade up against anyone’s.

The little sister attitude in the B1G is strong. Same song from Iowa, Nebraska, and Northwestern in years past.

As of today, Tennessee would have the 2nd best recruiting class in the B1G.

7th in the SEC being 9th in the country.

This isn’t some conference pride BS either... it’s just a fact that the SEC is head and shoulders the best conference in the country and it isn’t even close.

I would also put Tennessee’s OOC schedule the last decade up against anyone’s.

The little sister attitude in the B1G is strong. Same song from Iowa, Nebraska, and Northwestern in years past.

Easy to recruit in the SEC when there are no academic expectations.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT