ADVERTISEMENT

If you hate Kentucky

Palmbeachhoosier

All-Big Ten
Aug 13, 2016
Delray Beach, FL
Then you are really going to hate Tennessee football fans. That ugly orange and white checkerboard. The band playing Rocky Top over and over and over again.
To their defense Jeremy Pruitt a former high school did an excellent job turning things around early after losing to Georgia State and BYU and getting blown out by the Gators. It really looked as if he had lost the team.
Anyway there is no team I love to beat more than the Volunteers.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Then you are really going to hate Tennessee football fans. That ugly orange and white checkerboard. The band playing Rocky Top over and over and over again.
To their defense Jeremy Pruitt a former high school did an excellent job turning things around early after losing to Georgia State and BYU and getting blown out by the Gators. It really looked as if he had lost the team.
I mean, I’m sure they have their quirks but Rocky Top is objectively awesome.

What happened to the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Yes, Pruitt is a former high school coach, but he is also a former DC for FSU, GA, and AL. BTW, if you hear Rocky Top over and over, it may not be a good sign. Curious about your hatred of the Vols. Did someone take your girlfriend or are you a closet UF fan?

I am looking forward to a good game between IU and UT.

Yes, Pruitt is a former high school coach, but he is also a former DC for FSU, GA, and AL. BTW, if you hear Rocky Top over and over, it may not be a good sign. Curious about your hatred of the Vols. Did someone take your girlfriend or are you a closet UF fan?

That remark was aimed at some of the IU "fans" who criticized the Tom Allen hire because he started his coaching career as a High School coach. The list of big name coaches who started at High Schools is impressive but some people aren't happy if they don't have something to bitch about.

I've always kind of liked UT. Just as a fan of college football, I have been to a couple of games at Neyland Stadium and it's a great atmosphere. I went while Peyton was there, so that was a plus too.

I will, of course, be cheering for the Hoosiers like a maniac in JAX but, UT is one of the few SEC schools that doesn't make me nauseous at the mere sound of their name. (And I kinda like Rocky Top)

Palmbeach is in fact a UF fan - though not closeted. He roots for both the Gators and the Hoosiers. As for most of us, mutual hatred of UK unites us and makes this bowl matchup one of friendly rivals.

The best thing to ever happen for the game of football in the state of Indiana came directly from Knoxville, so it's pretty hard to hate on UT.

I've always liked Tennessee, too. As a college football fan in general, obviously Tennessee is a large part of that fabric. They have a cool checkered endzone, cool uniforms, and history.

My grandmother grew up in Cumberland Gap, Tennessee. Her brother, Uncle Luther, was a huge Tennessee fan and loved Johnny Majors. She married my grandfather who grew up just across the mountain in Middlesboro, Ky. Grandpa immediately imposed a Kentucky allegiance on her and she became a Kentucky fan at that point.

Here's how bad my grandfather was about the whole Kentucky/Tennessee thing. In 1950, grandpa got a job in Kingsport, TN in the printing business. My grandmother was several months pregnant at the time and had been told she was to absolutely not deliver the baby, my mom, in Tennessee. When the labor pains hit in full, she had to call Uncle Luther to come pick her up just so she could deliver my mom in Kentucky. Granny told me they drove through snow squalls as they approached Middlesboro in Luther's old truck. This was in December of 1950.

With that said, respect to the Big Orange but go Indiana Football!!!

I have nothing against high school football coaches. I was one for over 30 years. I was referring to the point that Purdue fans like to call our coach a high school coach. I actually like to look at it as a great thing.

I have nothing against high school football coaches. I was one for over 30 years. I was referring to the point that Purdue fans like to call our coach a high school coach. I actually like to look at it as a great thing.
I actually believe Coach Pruitt did a great job turning things around this year as it looked as if he had lost the team after the UF game.

To bad you won’t, Tennessee is going to be healthy and ready and is going to destroy the Hoosiers...better hope gene hackman can give a pregame speech because y’all are about to be embarrassed. As for Rocky Top, you will hate hearing it at first but by the 4th quarter when you’ve heard it after the 50+ points put up on yer team you’ll start to kinda enjoy it in a weird way. Anyway, enjoy Christmas and NYE but then be ready to pay the piper, Vols 55 IU 14...

To bad you won’t, Tennessee is going to be healthy and ready and is going to destroy the Hoosiers...better hope gene hackman can give a pregame speech because y’all are about to be embarrassed. As for Rocky Top, you will hate hearing it at first but by the 4th quarter when you’ve heard it after the 50+ points put up on yer team you’ll start to kinda enjoy it in a weird way. Anyway, enjoy Christmas and NYE but then be ready to pay the piper, Vols 55 IU 14...
Just wandering did they change the area code in Knoxville back from 044 like it was during the Manning era?

Have you seen how your fans act on twitter? Or the mandingo guy in this very thread?

I can tell you we are no Georgia State. But we are ok.

Not really hatred more disdain for arrogance.

This is a great draw, IMO. In fact, I'd live to get some home and homes going with programs just like Tennessee to help both teams OOC strength, and add a cool road trip for both in September.

Would be great to make a run down there, and then have them run it back by coming to small town Bloomington.

If we're not gonna get the Bourbon Barrel going again, maybe Glass and Fulmer can work up something in the near future. Four hour drive for both, througb some of the coolest countryside in the states, on a Fall weekend, playing a legit football program, instead of another wasted MAC (or worse) weekend...

Who wouldn't be up for that?

This is a great draw, IMO. In fact, I'd live to get some home and homes going with programs just like Tennessee to help both teams OOC strength, and add a cool road trip for both in September.

Would be great to make a run down there, and then have them run it back by coming to small town Bloomington.

If we're not gonna get the Bourbon Barrel going again, maybe Glass and Fulmer can work up something in the near future. Four hour drive for both, througb some of the coolest countryside in the states, on a Fall weekend, playing a legit football program, instead of another wasted MAC (or worse) weekend...

There is no reason to play Tennessee in out of conference. Our in conference schedule is already tough enough.

I would be happy with a 2 or 4 year deal with UT. A solid SEC team on the schedule as both teams seek to climb their respective conference ladders would be good for IU. UK can suck it.

Imagine games in Lucas Oil and some off campus stadium in Tennessee, and two at each campus. That would be cool and would draw crowds and attention and money.

I'd live to get some home and homes going with programs just like Tennessee to help both teams OOC strength,
At this point in IU's program development, there's absolutely no reason for beefing up the OOC schedule. In fact, a compelling argument can be made that it would be stupid to do so.

We play in the Big Ten East. That's challenging enough, thank you.

I've lived in three cities in Tennessee for over 20 years and I can tell you first hand that Tennessee fans are over the top. I get ill just at the thought of hearing Rocky Top being played. Cannot think of anything that would make me happier than to see IU come out on top. Total ecstasy!

At this point in IU's program development, there's absolutely no reason for beefing up the OOC schedule. In fact, a compelling argument can be made that it would be stupid to do so.

We play in the Big Ten East. That's challenging enough, thank you.
I am not sure why others can’t figure this out. The loyal fans are going to come no matter who you play. The students will only come to party in the parking lot. And the others would just say I knew we were going to lose or it it is too hot or too cold or too sunny or too something. Just keep winning games. I don’t care what PU fans think about our schedule. It is not like they are playing Top 25 teams either.

I am not sure why others can’t figure this out. The loyal fans are going to come no matter who you play. The students will only come to party in the parking lot. And the others would just say I knew we were going to lose or it it is too hot or too cold or too sunny or too something. Just keep winning games. I don’t care what PU fans think about our schedule. It is not like they are playing Top 25 teams either.
Yes. Advocates for a tougher OOC schedule aren't thinking clearly. As someone said in another thread, unless you're competing for the national championship and a high spot in the CFP rankings, strength of schedule means nothing. The name of the game is wins - - getting as many as you can in whatever way possible.

I think the poster in the other thread pointed to Minnesota as an example. The buzz around their program this year is because of their double-digit win total. Nobody remembers (or cares) that their OOC games were against South Dakota State, Fresno State and Georgia Southern. All three of those games, incidentally, were close, but Minnesota won and that's all that matters.

We won eight this year in the regular season. I hope it's nine next season, a realistic goal only if we sweep the OOC games against Western KY, Ball State and UConn.

Reactions: ESalum86
Sorry. Will always hate everything Kennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnntucky... as much as NV hates everything Buckyville.

It’s not a hatred,I don’t usually give Tennessee a second thought.Until they start coming over here 5 minutes after the pairings is announced telling us how our ‘slow,white boys’are no match for your speed and athleticism blah blah
We have to put up the Purdue,Ohio St and Michigan blowhards,we don’t need another deal with.
Not a way to make friends,the game is over 3 weeks off and I’m sick of the nonsense already.
Either comment intelligently about the game or stay away. A little back and forth ribbing is ok but spare us we are no match for your mighty Vols nonsense.

Last edited:
Yes. Advocates for a tougher OOC schedule aren't thinking clearly. As someone said in another thread, unless you're competing for the national championship and a high spot in the CFP rankings, strength of schedule means nothing. The name of the game is wins - - getting as many as you can in whatever way possible.

I think the poster in the other thread pointed to Minnesota as an example. The buzz around their program this year is because of their double-digit win total. Nobody remembers (or cares) that their OOC games were against South Dakota State, Fresno State and Georgia Southern. All three of those games, incidentally, were close, but Minnesota won and that's all that matters.

We won eight this year in the regular season. I hope it's nine next season, a realistic goal only if we sweep the OOC games against Western KY, Ball State and UConn.

Wow. Thrilling. We get 9 wins playing bad teams.

As a season ticket holder, I'd like to see better games.

Tennessee would be perfect. Good team, within 4 hours of Bloomington.

Wow. Thrilling. We get 9 wins playing bad teams.

As a season ticket holder, I'd like to see better games.

Tennessee would be perfect. Good team, within 4 hours of Bloomington.
If you want to see better games OOC then talk to the NCAA. 6 wins to bowl and it doesn't matter who you beat or who you lost to. If they want better matchups make it all based on conference games.

We played three teams with winning records.

That's "too hard"?
Is it our fault that MSU, Nebraska, Northwestern were all down this year and do you think they will be down every year. Before the season started Northwestern was defending conference runner-up, MSU was a top 25 team. Nebraska was a preseason favorite to win the West. Maryland was ranked early after destroying Syracuse. If you looked at our schedule and said we would win 8 games you either don’t know college football or you some kind esp powers that should allow to make a lot of money gambling.

UT has played Notre Dame in home and home series. Same with USC, Oklahoma( again this season) BYU, UCLA, Miami,Oregon, Pitt, Boston College, etc. It is the one SEC University unafraid to play tough OOC opponents on the road. Even though we have been lousy for the last decade and have taken some brutal beatings. (whereas Florida refuses to leave the state)

Here is a list of those already signed up to play. Find a spot and jump on.

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa/tennessee/

Last edited:
Florida has not been great either. But IU is struggling to change over a hundred years of culture. They play in a very tough division as you know the SEC east is no cake walk. But the the SEC only plays 8 conference games. The BIG plays 9. We are not scheduling to try to make the playoffs. We are finally recruiting and building up depth. We have just recently started taking football seriously. Perhaps in the future we can schedule more ambitiously. Until then we need to continue to add depth, schedule wisely I do admit love to see us replace FCS schools with FBS schools and continue to get wins and play in more bowl games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT