ADVERTISEMENT

If you don't like a poster

I ignored him we he came back as I Loved lucys as you asked until it became evident that he was telling everyone here including new folks that I have been him all along from Ordfan clear to Ewezerfan. Established posters here know that is BS but newer people don't.

I have a long and respected history on this board and don't appreciate the personal attacks.

The fact of the matter Jordan is that lacking technology to ban at the IP level you are going to have to come back once a month when someone reports the latest reincarnation of this troll until he goes away. Ignoring him only works so far as new people will always take the bait.

Otherwise Jordan you board will be a mess.

Does anyone here post on the premie board? Is this idiot there as well? I thought RBB might have said that there was a Fred's beer house or something that was this guy. I may just rejoin there if this place can't get fixed.

I apologize to the senior posters here for engaging this troll of late but it was the only way to get Jordan reengaged.

@Fredsbeirhaus is Dakich.

Hard to believe that a guy who proclaims to be this open, free thinking independent guy would slink around trashing threads and people behind a fake name. Not a good thing if that got out.

Your uncle would be disappointed in all your girly talk.

It’s not any different than being on Twitter, IYAM.

Agreed if he is open about it. If he were trying to hide it or getting banned and lying about coming back again and again after trashing the university and other posters...that would be weak and seen as so.

Agreed if he is open about it. If he were trying to hide it or getting banned and lying about coming back again and again after trashing the university and other posters...that would be weak and seen as so.

He’s been totally open about it. And he’s been critical of those with strong opinions who hide behind the wall of anonymity.

Reactions: Courtsensetwo
I banned another poster (I love Lucy) because of complaints.

Letting the users run the board instead of forcing people to follow my instructions and using ignore is going great. At this rate we will have banned everyone on the free board but a handful of posters by the end of basketball season.

The experiment is going as I thought it would.

Letting the users run the board instead of forcing people to follow my instructions and using ignore is going great. At this rate we will have banned everyone on the free board but a handful of posters by the end of basketball season.

Pass out squirt guns.... I’ll take the greenie meanie

Well I have a great friend I’ve mentioned here on the board. Ohio St fan, Philosophy Major, MBA, ...anyway we are different in certain social/political feelings. However, it provides the greatest back and forth over beers at times. Sure it gets hot sometimes. Sure some very intellectually stupid things get said, emotionally driven responses but in the end I respect him tremendously and value his friendship.

I’ve been noodling RBB, Crimson, Johnsy at times , but I do respect you and appreciate your contributions. In the end we all want the same thing but may differ on how we should get there. Yes my shortness with the admin is grinding at times. 30 years of next year will do that.

Anyway.... I hate seeing that happen. Any guess for what his next handle will be? I hope “Red Handed Lover”

Reactions: JohnsyRick

Thank you, but let me correct you on one point. You did not ban "another" poster...you banned the same troll for the eighth time. I told you in an earlier post that if you can't ban at the IP level as your competition does, trolls like Ordy will just keep coming back to your board because they can't re register on others,

I suspect he has a second name going right now in anticipation of this banning.

I tried the ignore as you suggested, it doesn't work as there are always new people he lures into the trap and off we go.

I am sorry but with no IP ban you are going to have to check in once a month and take the garbage to the curb. It is the only chance this board has of survival.

As Court said, you aren’t banning “everyone”, you’re banning the same knucklehead. If you cannot do it at the IP level, then you are correct in saying this will go on, as he will return, and has already. If you read your own board at all, it is pretty easy to identify him as he uses the same terminology and insults over and over. One of his newer names tried not to look so obvious, but when he would get frustrated, he would begin to revert to old “phrases” .
I put two of his identities on ignore as you asked, but the board still flies into turmoil due to his antics ,as there is always going to be someone who responds to his lunacy. In my experience, “ignoring” problems , as opposed to dealing with them, only makes them worse.

Thank you, but let me correct you on one point. You did not ban "another" poster...you banned the same troll for the eighth time. I told you in an earlier post that if you can't ban at the IP level as your competition does, trolls like Ordy will just keep coming back to your board because they can't re register on others,

I suspect he has a second name going right now in anticipation of this banning.

I tried the ignore as you suggested, it doesn't work as there are always new people he lures into the trap and off we go.

I am sorry but with no IP ban you are going to have to check in once a month and take the garbage to the curb. It is the only chance this board has of survival.

I checked it and that user only had one shared IP.

Also if you put someone on ignore, if another poster replies to them, you don’t see that post from the poster you don’t have ignored.

As Court said, you aren’t banning “everyone”, you’re banning the same knucklehead. If you cannot do it at the IP level, then you are correct in saying this will go on, as he will return, and has already. If you read your own board at all, it is pretty easy to identify him as he uses the same terminology and insults over and over. One of his newer names tried not to look so obvious, but when he would get frustrated, he would begin to revert to old “phrases” .
I put two of his identities on ignore as you asked, but the board still flies into turmoil due to his antics ,as there is always going to be someone who responds to his lunacy. In my experience, “ignoring” problems , as opposed to dealing with them, only makes them worse.

“Ignoring problems” is not the same as ignoring posters lol.

All online communications work this way. On Twitter if I get trolled by someone I block them. I don’t go to Twitter corporate and say “I don’t like this person, they’re ruining Twitter for me so ban them from Twitter or I’m leaving.”

I block them and go on.

Actually I stand corrected on one thing, allow me to apologize.

The ignore feature used to block replies, I tried it myself to make sure previously.

Now it seems it does not.

Using ignore and each person controlling their own experience is still a better option than one person (me) deciding who can and cannot post based on subjective judgement.

But I can understand it's not ideal if you can see replies. Legit complaint.

Allow me to send this to corporate.

“Ignoring problems” is not the same as ignoring posters lol.

All online communications work this way. On Twitter if I get trolled by someone I block them. I don’t go to Twitter corporate and say “I don’t like this person, they’re ruining Twitter for me so ban them from Twitter or I’m leaving.”

I block them and go on.
Of course it is if that “poster” is a “problem”. It would be a very different issue if this poster only had a problem ,with say, one or two other people. But this guy goes around looking for trouble and finds it with many on multiple boards, in my view, that is ignoring a problem. Of course that is my opinion, you obviously do not feel that way.
As far as not seeing posts from ignored posters, you are mistaken, I had “Lucy” on ignore since you asked, I didn’t see her posts, but I did see them when someone replied (above their posts response). Maybe that is not the way it is supposed to work, but that is the way it showed up for me. Even if it didn’t, you would still see everyone responding, point being it doesn’t work well unless everyone does it. Just editing this as I just saw your response about “ignore” above, don’t mean to rehash.

Last edited:
Of course it is if that “poster” is a “problem”. It would be a very different issue if this poster only had a problem ,with say, one or two other people. But this guy goes around looking for trouble and finds it with many on multiple boards, in my view, that is a ignoring a problem. Of course that is my opinion, you obviously do not feel that way.
As far as not seeing posts from ignored posters, you are mistaken, I had “Lucy” on ignore since you asked, I didn’t see her posts, but I did see them when someone replied (above their posts response). Maybe that is not the way it is supposed to work, but that is the way it showed up for me. Even if it didn’t, you would still see everyone responding, point being it doesn’t work well unless everyone does it. Just editing this as I just saw your response about “ignore” above, don’t mean to rehash.

No worries, okay to disagree and I appreciate the feedback.

Yeah as I said above, I still maintain ignore and each user controlling their own experience is the way to go. Some people like to argue with trolls, if they want to do that, who am I to stop them.

However, using ignore should completely remove that person from existence. If I put a user on ignore and then I can see six replies people sent to them, it is obviously not functioning as intended (or as it should anyway.)

I'll raise the issue with corporate. Thanks for letting me know.

Reactions: JohnsyRick

1280217840_sparrow-fight.gif

Reactions: Jordan Wells

Bad judgment on your part. Simply banning a person because the "sheep" on here don't like that person is un-American. Letting the mob style of coercion, to influence the removal of said poster, gives a you a bad look.

No, I am not the same person, but I am petitioning to restore his/her rights as a poster. It seems the same clique of posters like to make invalid complaints, including accusations of reincarnations, ghosting, and flat out misleading facts to you. I do not know the whole history of everything. But caving in to the "my way or highway" view of IU, or its' perception, by the same usual suspects is what really dilutes the forum.

I’m sorry... it’s still a safe space from opinions you don’t agree with but what ever.... I do it too

Bad judgment on your part. Simply banning a person because the "sheep" on here don't like that person is un-American. Letting the mob style of coercion, to influence the removal of said poster, gives a you a bad look.

No, I am not the same person, but I am petitioning to restore his/her rights as a poster. It seems the same clique of posters like to make invalid complaints, including accusations of reincarnations, ghosting, and flat out misleading facts to you. I do not know the whole history of everything. But caving in to the "my way or highway" view of IU, or its' perception, by the same usual suspects is what really dilutes the forum.

Obviously I can't win in these situations. Which is why I try to let each user control their own experience.

FIFY

Great judgement on your part. Simply banning me for acting like a fool while I attack every poster without any facts to back up my narcissist behavior makes you look like a Superstar.

Yes I am the same idiot and understand I have serious mental health problems. My parents and family members just intervened last week. It seems my problems stem from being 40, living in my moms basement, addictions to video games, and fantasies of being the greatest most powerful blogger of all time. I understand everyone else adds great content to the forum but can't live with it when they are always right!
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I disagree. What damages the forum are comments like, "you get dumber with every post," "you're an idiot," "you know nothing about football" and other ad hominem attacks.

I checked it and that user only had one shared IP.

Also if you put someone on ignore, if another poster replies to them, you don’t see that post from the poster you don’t have ignored.

It is the same guy over and over. Simple enough to use multiple devices in multiple sites...home, work, phone etc. check back in a week or so, I think he already has his next UN set up in anticipation of this banning.

It is the same guy over and over. Simple enough to use multiple devices in multiple sites...home, work, phone etc. check back in a week or so, I think he already has his next UN set up in anticipation of this banning.

That’s a fine theory but I can’t prove it by IP as people are asking.

If everyone collectively decided they hated the guy though and put him on ignore as I asked them he would be posting in a vacuum.

Reactions: 76-1
That’s a fine theory but I can’t prove it by IP as people are asking.

If everyone collectively decided they hated the guy though and put him on ignore as I asked them he would be posting in a vacuum.

We tried that on his last three usernames and it doesn't work.

Reactions: UncleMark
Obviously I can't win in these situations. Which is why I try to let each user control their own experience.
It's your board. Do what you want. That said, if you allow one poster to trash it, that's on you. If you're not up to policing it yourself, then find someone you trust, give him the banhammer, and tell him to only use it when absolutely necessary. You won't have the headaches and the board will be better for it.

Reactions: IU Scott and iu2win
What exactly are you saying here? You are still going to ban someone, even though you are saying, you let each user control their own experience? Sounds like you are double talking if anything.

The real troublemakers, are the ones making the complaints. They are the instigators who go crying to you when they get shot down in a pissing contest. You might want to really check the facts on things and not get brainwashed by the school of piranha that stain this forum. Once again, I am going to petition for the reinstatement of the poster. Anything else, suggests you got duped by a bunch of hypocrites.

What exactly are you saying here? You are still going to ban someone, even though you are saying, you let each user control their own experience? Sounds like you are double talking if anything.

The real troublemakers, are the ones making the complaints. They are the instigators who go crying to you when they get shot down in a pissing contest. You might want to really check the facts on things and not get brainwashed by the school of piranha that stain this forum. Once again, I am going to petition for the reinstatement of the poster. Anything else, suggests you got duped by a bunch of hypocrites.
tumblr_ojqrginGZk1qb5qxmo2_500.gif
tumblr_o0k0yvW5Un1qc52lxo1_r1_500.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT