ADVERTISEMENT

If you don't like a poster

Respectfully guys, if everyone had done what I first suggested, this wouldn't be an ongoing issue.
Ignore??? Not true Jordan. There are many folks that wander over to the free board here and posters who are just trolls and throw out insults every time they post should be banned. In most cases I would agree with you but there are cases to the extreme and that needs to be handled and dealt with accordingly. jmho. There are recruits, parents, other fan bases, and casual onlookers...jus sayin

Ignore??? Not true Jordan. There are many folks that wander over to the free board here and posters who are just trolls and throw out insults every time they post should be banned. In most cases I would agree with you but there are cases to the extreme and that needs to be handled and dealt with accordingly. jmho. There are recruits, parents, other fan bases, and casual onlookers...jus sayin

We banned a guy against my judgement because everyone here demanded it and I tried to please. Now he apparently keeps coming back with new names. We don’t have the tech for permanent ban.

If everyone had put him on ignore like I asked we wouldn’t have the ban/new names problem.

Recruits don’t read message boards. Some parents do but they know what they are signing up for when they look.

We banned a guy against my judgement because everyone here demanded it and I tried to please. Now he apparently keeps coming back with new names. We don’t have the tech for permanent ban.

If everyone had put him on ignore like I asked we wouldn’t have the ban/new names problem.

Recruits don’t read message boards. Some parents do but they know what they are signing up for when they look.

I ignored him we he came back as I Loved lucys as you asked until it became evident that he was telling everyone here including new folks that I have been him all along from Ordfan clear to Ewezerfan. Established posters here know that is BS but newer people don't.

I have a long and respected history on this board and don't appreciate the personal attacks.

The fact of the matter Jordan is that lacking technology to ban at the IP level you are going to have to come back once a month when someone reports the latest reincarnation of this troll until he goes away. Ignoring him only works so far as new people will always take the bait.

Otherwise Jordan you board will be a mess.

Does anyone here post on the premie board? Is this idiot there as well? I thought RBB might have said that there was a Fred's beer house or something that was this guy. I may just rejoin there if this place can't get fixed.

I apologize to the senior posters here for engaging this troll of late but it was the only way to get Jordan reengaged.

I understand...That poster is back though. Before you banned him the last time EVERY single thread was hijacked, trolled, and ruined because of him. You would roll in, look to the right of every thread, and that name was there as the last poster and every post was a name calling, insult at every single reply everyone made. That sure made the experience enjoyable. ;)

Respectfully guys, if everyone had done what I first suggested, this wouldn't be an ongoing issue.
Unfortunately, Jordan, you've only received part of the story here. Several of the posters who complained the loudest have, in turn, aggressively pursued both posters they believed to be "returnees" as well as any poster who deviated from the "company line", so to speak. In at least one instance, a well known poster has assumed a new alias (using a former poster's handle), as well as creating a new posting name with an offshoot of a targeted poster's name, all in an effort to chase that poster off. He and other posters come at people with whom they disagree aggressively, and they've been called out by several other posters who are tired of their conduct. They regularly engage in the behavior they criticize (name calling, predominantly), and they offer little in the way of actual meaningful contribution here.

This is your board and you're welcome to do as you choose, but several of the most prominent complainers are also some of the board's most well known instigators, and the board suffers as a result.

Reactions: Aye U Hooz Yours
I ignored him we he came back as I Loved lucys as you asked until it became evident that he was telling everyone here including new folks that I have been him all along from Ordfan clear to Ewezerfan. Established posters here know that is BS but newer people don't.

I have a long and respected history on this board and don't appreciate the personal attacks.

The fact of the matter Jordan is that lacking technology to ban at the IP level you are going to have to come back once a month when someone reports the latest reincarnation of this troll until he goes away. Ignoring him only works so far as new people will always take the bait.

Does anyone here post on the premie board? Is this idiot there as well? I thought RBB might have said that there was a Fred's beer house or something that was this guy. I may just rejoin there if this place can't get fixed.

I apologize to the senior posters here for engaging this troll of late but it was the only way to get Jordan reengaged.

We don’t have any drama on the premium boards. People are learning to use ignore like I asked.

So they read/talk to the posters they want to read/talk with. If they don’t like someone they put them on ignore and you don’t see them anymore.

You also tend to have less trolls because it’s not free.

Reactions: Hawk_Circle_Hoosier

He’s not on the premie. That Fred guy is actually Dakich, believe it on not.

Reactions: wakeman26
We don’t have any drama on the premium boards. People are learning to use ignore like I asked.

So they read/talk to the posters they want to read/talk with. If they don’t like someone they put them on ignore and you don’t see them anymore.

Do you not have the ability to do IP bans? I feel like that was always the best method to go about doing that but I'm not sure what level of security a large site like this would permit it's mods.

If you don't have the capability, I bet you can message rivals IT security with the usernames and they could easily do an IP ban. Just an idea.

I think a good fix next time Jordan is ban them both. I personally don’t think Lucy has done anything worthy but in the spirit of getting people to ignore, just ban both if they refuse to cooperate... most will resort to the ignore or stop whining about it

Reactions: bang63
He’s not on the premie. That Fred guy is actually Dakich, believe it on not.

Dakich trolls on sports boards? Disappointing to hear. If he is anything like Ody/Lucy here it Definitely screams insecurity and would be pretty embarassing if that got out.

Dakich trolls on sports boards? Disappointing to hear. If he is anything like Ody/Lucy here it Definitely screams insecurity and would be pretty embarassing if that got out.
Yes it’s him. He talks about it on his show. It’s one of the strangest things I’ve ever seen. And he types like he’s brain damaged.

Unfortunately, Jordan, you've only received part of the story here. Several of the posters who complained the loudest have, in turn, aggressively pursued both posters they believed to be "returnees" as well as any poster who deviated from the "company line", so to speak. In at least one instance, a well known poster has assumed a new alias (using a former poster's handle), as well as creating a new posting name with an offshoot of a targeted poster's name, all in an effort to chase that poster off. He and other posters come at people with whom they disagree aggressively, and they've been called out by several other posters who are tired of their conduct. They regularly engage in the behavior they criticize (name calling, predominantly), and they offer little in the way of actual meaningful contribution here.

This is your board and you're welcome to do as you choose, but several of the most prominent complainers are also some of the board's most well known instigators, and the board suffers as a result.

So,here is your chance. Tell us yes or no if your screen name I Loved Lucys is a new name for a previously banned name. If so how many?

Well, if nothing else, this board is never boring. Love it when new twists are added. So poster A alleges he has not participated under several prior names (some of which were banned), but rather, his archenemy, poster B, was posting under those monikers as some type of devious plot to ruin him in some form or fashion, and, in doing so, was able to flawlessly replicate his tone, attitude and language in each post, to such an extent as to fool all of us poor message board citizens. Meanwhile, on the outskirts of Gotham, deep underground in the bat cave, our fearless hero prepares a plan to locate the truth for all to see. Will the truth be uncovered? Will each side utilize additional message board names to further their individual quests to conquer the other ? Be here next week, same bat-time, same bat-channel. I just threw that last part in because it seems like I'm watching that TV show from the 1960s and I don't mean the one with the redhead and her band-leader husband.

Last edited:
He joined about 2 seasons ago mainly because of the football issue with CKW... I like his game play by play... I️ can do without the rest

When I first got on this board a few months ago I did so to talk IU football. It's the first board I've ever read or been on. I thought it would be an enjoyable way to learn about IU football. I can say I was literally shocked and disgusted by some of the name calling and just plain nastiness on here. One guy even keeps bringing up Mitch Daniels marriage problems. That is beneath deplorable. I don't know how this works but comments like that should get the poster banned for life no matter what name he uses.

He did trash Wilson a lot.
His schtick now is to literally call Allen an idiot on the air, have Allen on his show and be super nice to him, then come on here and whine about how LEO is the worst slogan ever.

He’s become a giant tool.

His schtick now is to literally call Allen an idiot on the air, have Allen on his show and be super nice to him, then come on here and whine about how LEO is the worst slogan ever.

He’s become a giant tool.

Hard to believe that a guy who proclaims to be this open, free thinking independent guy would slink around trashing threads and people behind a fake name. Not a good thing if that got out.

Hard to believe that a guy who proclaims to be this open, free thinking independent guy would slink around trashing threads and people behind a fake name. Not a good thing if that got out.
He doesn’t really hide it. Says things like “I’ll be in town next week for the game, come to my bus and let’s settle this!”

Kinda shocking actually.... surprised by IU allowing it.... not speaking out. Speaks of support for Program again IMO... could have put an end to it quickly and didn’t
I’m going to guess IU (and by that I mean FG) tried to address it as the situation would be perceived as damaging to the program in an important media area. A likely scenario would be DD said some factual, negative, stuff about the program or KW (let’s face it, he would have lots of ammo), KW responded by insulting DD, and no matter how much FG tried to get them to kiss and make up, he was dealing with the two hardest heads in the state so neither would make the first move.

I’m going to guess IU (and by that I mean FG) tried to address it as the situation would be perceived as damaging to the program in an important media area. A likely scenario would be DD said some factual, negative, stuff about the program or KW (let’s face it, he would have lots of ammo), KW responded by insulting DD, and no matter how much FG tried to get them to kiss and make up, he was dealing with the two hardest heads in the state so neither would make the first move.
Do you wanna do play by play or March Madness at IU anymore? Shut the F up.... problem solved.

Stood on OSU sideline... that was it for me.

Reactions: JohnsyRick
Do you wanna do play by play or March Madness at IU anymore? Shut the F up.... problem solved.

Stood on OSU sideline... that was it for me.
First of all, “march madness” doesn’t air on ESPN and would never occur at Assembly Hall. He’s also not a play by play announcer.

Second, I love how you’ve turned a radio host acting like an idiot into a criticism of the AD’s support of the program. That’s absurd. Are you going to go on another rant about how we didn’t invest in the program for years but the current investments don’t count because they should’ve been done 20 years ago?

First of all, “march madness” doesn’t air on ESPN and would never occur at Assembly Hall. He’s also not a play by play announcer.

Second, I love how you’ve turned a radio host acting like an idiot into a criticism of the AD’s support of the program. That’s absurd. Are you going to go on another rant about how we didn’t invest in the program for years but the current investments don’t count because they should’ve been done 20 years ago?
Oops.... didn’t mean March Madness...I meant Midnight Madness but not hard to deduce...

Look, I’m not going to argue with you about your sensitivities.

I think you covered the rant.

Bump

Waiting
You and I both know you've posted here under multiple names, including Ordfan. That you aren't willing to admit it doesn't change that fact any more than it doesn't change the fact that you tried to bs your way through a discussion about the Music City Bowl and Nashville and looked like a complete fool in the process. You really need to leave.

You and I both know you've posted here under multiple names, including Ordfan. That you aren't willing to admit it doesn't change that fact any more than it doesn't change the fact that you tried to bs your way through a discussion about the Music City Bowl and Nashville and looked like a complete fool in the process. You really need to leave.

Simply answer the question.

Then why do you have forum rules?

Ignoring the idiots is fine and Many of us have done that with Ordfan (now ewez or whatever) the embittered clown you have allowed to come back...what...seven times now? The guy is once again destroying your board.

Why do I care? I have been around these boards for a long time and I hate to see them destroyed unnessessarily. Your call, there are plenty of other IU boards where the personal attacks, plagerism, and outright lies are better managed. Yours is sadly becoming a cesspool and several of us are losing interest.

No one wants a sugar coated board or no dissent, disagreements are great.

There is only one serious problem poster and I have no idea why he is being protected, I reached out to him to see if we could all get along...he gave me the cyber finger.

I will give this one more week and if the threads are still being trashed, I am done.

ADVERTISEMENT