ADVERTISEMENT

If you don’t want to hear from Purdue fans then please don’t read

Palmbeachhoosier

All-Big Ten
Aug 13, 2016
Delray Beach, FL
I am curious to see how people feel about their programs at this time.
1. Head coach I feel really good about our head guy. I think Purdue has a decent one also but I will take ours.
2. Coordinations offense I think Brohm is a good play caller. Ours is a first time play caller. Edge Purdue.
Defensive coordinator Purdue has a new one to them and looks like he is changing from 4-3 to 3-4. Indiana will have Wommack calling defense for a second year. They did show improvement throughout the year i is the Purdue game and last 5 minutes of the Tennessee game. Call it even.
3. Staffs
Quarterback Purdue although I think Sheridan did a good job two years ago with IU quarterbacks. Purdue
Running back Have to go with Hart IU
O line I like Williams but right now have to go with Hiller. IU
Wide receiver I like Heard but have to give Shepherd the edge because of his players Purdue
Tight ends Wallace vs Wright both tight ends played great last season. Wright was not here last season but I believe he is going to be a pickup for IU but based on previous response got to go Purdue.
Defensive line James Pu and Peoples IU even
Linebackers Diaco and Wommack gonna go Iu
Secondary Shelby and Jones IU poindexter and Brown I give edge to iu
Strength both have new guys but I give Wellman experience the edge Iu
Facilities I give IU the stadium edge to IU
Purdue has a dedicated football building they get the edge there' although o love the fact that you don’t need to leave stadium for anything Food treat ment academic help.
IU has one of the largest weight rooms in the country.
Obviously this is all very subjective I did try to be as objective as possible

1. Head coach I feel really good about our head guy. I think Purdue has a decent one also but I will take ours.
2. Coordinations offense I think Brohm is a good play caller. Ours is a first time play caller. Edge Purdue.
Defensive coordinator Purdue has a new one to them and looks like he is changing from 4-3 to 3-4. Indiana will have Wommack calling defense for a second year. They did show improvement throughout the year i is the Purdue game and last 5 minutes of the Tennessee game. Call it even.
3. Staffs
Quarterback Purdue although I think Sheridan did a good job two years ago with IU quarterbacks. Purdue
Wide receiver I like Heard but have to give Shepherd the edge because of his players Purdue
Tight ends Wallace vs Wright both tight ends played great last season. Wright was not here last season but I believe he is going to be a pickup for IU but based on previous response got to go Purdue.
Purdue has a dedicated football building they get the edge there' although o love the fact that you don’t need to leave stadium for anything Food treat ment academic help.
I think this is really fair. Like you said, I'd probably give IU the stadium and Purdue the facilities.

One person who should get recognition for Purdue is Erin Hodges. He is the director of player personnel. Was the assistant at OSU under Meyer before coming to Purdue. Dude is an ace recruiter. The recruiting really improved once he arrived.

Secondary was really interesting. I'd probably give IU the edge like you said, but Brown has coached two CB's to win CB of the year in his career. Curious what he can do in year 2.

Reactions: vesuvius13
3. Staffs
Thank you for that warning. FYI I did not read your post and I appreciate the honesty in the heading. I wish every post that was destined to attract those trolls carried this disclaimer because I have no interest in their program or their fans (except to revel in their whining and excuse-making every time they get their asses beat).

Thank you for that warning. FYI I did not read your post and I appreciate the honesty in the heading. I wish every post that was destined to attract those trolls carried this disclaimer because I have no interest in their program or their fans (except to revel in their whining and excuse-making every time they get their asses beat).
Am I a troll if I'm participating in cival discussion about both programs? I guess I don't consider myself a troll. Lol

I think this is really fair. Like you said, I'd probably give IU the stadium and Purdue the facilities.

One person who should get recognition for Purdue is Erin Hodges. He is the director of player personnel. Was the assistant at OSU under Meyer before coming to Purdue. Dude is an ace recruiter. The recruiting really improved once he arrived.

Secondary was really interesting. I'd probably give IU the edge like you said, but Brown has coached two CB's to win CB of the year in his career. Curious what he can do in year 2.
Admittedly Purdue recruiting is definitely looking up. Although we don’t have the 4 stars you guys have I think I might give us the overall edge in recruiting. We have built a lot of depth throughout. I would take one or two of your wr rejects but I do believe we have some solid guys there also.

I understand your thinking but would be interested in your thoughts of where our program is now.

Just curious who those guys were. Did not do a lot of research but we have gotten much improved secondary play as of late Fant one of top in the nation in pass breakups and Mullin looks like he is going to be a good win. Jones needs to improve safety play and may be a plus in recruiting.

Admittedly Purdue recruiting is definitely looking up. Although we don’t have the 4 stars you guys have I think I might give us the overall edge in recruiting. We have built a lot of depth throughout. I would take one or two of your wr rejects but I do believe we have some solid guys there also.
I think this year for Purdue will be a lack of 4 stars, but a higher floor yet. The floor, in terms of recruiting talent, seems to increase every year. Which is what you want. Brohms first two classes were probably behind iu's. They weren't great and most of them have been passed up by the last two classes.

Just curious who those guys were. Did not do a lot of research but we have gotten much improved secondary play as of late Fant one of top in the nation in pass breakups and Mullin looks like he is going to be a good win. Jones needs to improve safety play and may be a plus in recruiting.
Mullin is going to be a good one! Him vs Bell is going to be fun over the next 2 years.

Brown has actually had 3 according to his bio. Deon Figures (Colorado, 1992), Chris Hudson (Colorado, 1994) and Gerod Holliman (Louisville, 2014). He's a job hopper though.

I think this year for Purdue will be a lack of 4 stars, but a higher floor yet. The floor, in terms of recruiting talent, seems to increase every year. Which is what you want. Brohms first two classes were probably behind iu's. They weren't great and most of them have been passed up by the last two classes.
Just curious who do you think has the better program right now today? I again am biased but I like where IU is and am picking them.

Mullin is going to be a good one! Him vs Bell is going to be fun over the next 2 years.

Brown has actually had 3 according to his bio. Deon Figures (Colorado, 1992), Chris Hudson (Colorado, 1994) and Gerod Holliman (Louisville, 2014). He's a job hopper though.
I do remember Figures he was a good one in college. I guess Brown being a job hopper solidifies our lead there for now.

Just curious who do you think has the better program right now today? I again am biased but I like where IU is and am picking them.
You might not be wrong. I think iu has the more sound team from top to bottom, whereas Purdue has the better top end talent. Which, at the end of the day, makes them pretty even.

If you took guys like karlaftis, Neal, Moore, and Bell and put them on iu, IU would be a top 20 team easy. If that makes sense.

You might not be wrong. I think iu has the more sound team from top to bottom, whereas Purdue has the better top end talent. Which, at the end of the day, makes them pretty even.

If you took guys like karlaftis, Neal, Moore, and Bell and put them on iu, IU would be a top 20 team easy. If that makes sense.
Yes all guys that would help any team. I just think at this time IU more able to sustain normal injury situation not to the extent of Purdue last year necessarily.

what a bitch post

Hey BoilerN thanks for the feedback would love to get more from guys like you. I think posting on your board would be counter productive as most can not be objective and give IU no credit at all. I understand it is a fan board .
Des and I were harping on the Purdue board to not sleep on IU last year. We turned out to be right. Lol it's nice to get other perspectives though for sure. And there is nothing else to talk about right now..m

Yes all guys that would help any team. I just think at this time IU more able to sustain normal injury situation not to the extent of Purdue last year necessarily.
In terms of overall roster talent, I've always kind of thought IU was a year or two ahead of Purdue because Wilson did leave enough talent behind, whereas Brohm inherited a mess. I figure in 2 years, we should get a really good idea of what to expect from Brohm and Allen moving forward.

Both programs are in a decent place if you ask me. Purdue has a good offensive staff/coach. They have a HUGE advantage over IU playing in the West. Just this year alone, they apparently dodge Penn State and Ohio State. That is a tremendous luxury that IU will never have year in, year out. The conference alignments absolutely need overhauled. People who see this as fair, are delusional.

On the plus side, I like IU's approach with Tom Allen. His message seems taylor made for the times we find ourselves living in. The LEO approach, while debatable, probably looks good to many of these woke families and their children. Tom has been ahead of the curve and I think his recruiting will continue to allow the program to take steps forward. I also like the town of Bloomington FAR, FAR better than West Lafayette. That factors into the long-term equation, IMO.

I'm relatively new to the board, but in my limited experience, I think Des & BoilerN have been as decent as far as "talking football" goes as could be expected when coming over to enemy territory. So to that extent, I appreciate their contributions without being troll-ish.

Purdue could realistically have 3 wins this year and be a better team than last year. Their OOC isn't some crazy gauntlet, but they're all three very loseable games. Purdue should probably be favored, but not a sure thing by any stretch of the imagination.

Looking at the B1G West, I think it's not as bad as we tend to say it is. It doesn't have the 2-3 goliath teams each year like the East has, which is an advantage of being in the West. But it feels like there is a big cluster of teams (Iowa, NW, Neb, PU, Minn) that aren't that far separated from each other. Illinois is their Rutgers, and they were bowl eligible. So I think they have fewer "sure wins" in the West, but they also have fewer "sure losses."

My prediction for PU is the same as mine for IU this past season, where it was even money whether they ended up with 4 wins or 8 wins. It'll just depend on winning the close games.

Both programs are in a decent place if you ask me. Purdue has a good offensive staff/coach. They have a HUGE advantage over IU playing in the West. Just this year alone, they apparently dodge Penn State and Ohio State. That is a tremendous luxury that IU will never have year in, year out. The conference alignments absolutely need overhauled. People who see this as fair, are delusional.

On the plus side, I like IU's approach with Tom Allen. His message seems taylor made for the times we find ourselves living in. The LEO approach, while debatable, probably looks good to many of these woke families and their children. Tom has been ahead of the curve and I think his recruiting will continue to allow the program to take steps forward. I also like the town of Bloomington FAR, FAR better than West Lafayette. That factors into the long-term equation, IMO.
I'm not sure I agree. For one, OSU is lucky they don't play Purdue this year. Lol now that I've made a funny. For real though. Yes. We don't play OSU every year, but let's not act like Michigan and PSU are huge steps above Wisconsin and Minny. Looking at last year alone. Purdue also didn't get two free wins in Rutgers and Maryland. As mentioned somewhere else, when you rank last year's standings 1-14 and take the average finish of the east and west, there was a .1 difference. That's about as even as you could get.

I'm relatively new to the board, but in my limited experience, I think Des & BoilerN have been as decent as far as "talking football" goes as could be expected when coming over to enemy territory. So to that extent, I appreciate their contributions without being troll-ish.

Purdue could realistically have 3 wins this year and be a better team than last year. Their OOC isn't some crazy gauntlet, but they're all three very loseable games. Purdue should probably be favored, but not a sure thing by any stretch of the imagination.

Looking at the B1G West, I think it's not as bad as we tend to say it is. It doesn't have the 2-3 goliath teams each year like the East has, which is an advantage of being in the West. But it feels like there is a big cluster of teams (Iowa, NW, Neb, PU, Minn) that aren't that far separated from each other. Illinois is their Rutgers, and they were bowl eligible. So I think they have fewer "sure wins" in the West, but they also have fewer "sure losses."

My prediction for PU is the same as mine for IU this past season, where it was even money whether they ended up with 4 wins or 8 wins. It'll just depend on winning the close games.
Ya. That will be interesting to see. Minny was 6-1 in games decided by 7 points or less last year. Purdue was 2-4 or 5. Can't remember honestly. If you flip a couple of those, Purdue is bowl eligible with the youngest team in the big ten and the narrative is totally different.

I could look, but maybe someone knows. What was iu's record in 7 point games? Couldn't have been awful considering they won 8.

Ya. That will be interesting to see. Minny was 6-1 in games decided by 7 points or less last year. Purdue was 2-4 or 5. Can't remember honestly. If you flip a couple of those, Purdue is bowl eligible with the youngest team in the big ten and the narrative is totally different.

I could look, but maybe someone knows. What was iu's record in 7 point games? Couldn't have been awful considering they won 8.

MSU was a loss (and technically more than 7 points but the last 6 was the fumble on a hail mary attempt)
Maryland, Nebraska, PU were wins.
Penn St. & Tenn. were losses.

so 3-3

MSU was a loss (and technically more than 7 points but the last 6 was the fumble on a hail mary attempt)
Maryland, Nebraska, PU were wins.
Penn St. & Tenn. were losses.

so 3-3
As young as Purdue and iu were, I'd imagine that number would only get better.

I'm not sure I agree. For one, OSU is lucky they don't play Purdue this year. Lol now that I've made a funny. For real though. Yes. We don't play OSU every year, but let's not act like Michigan and PSU are huge steps above Wisconsin and Minny. Looking at last year alone. Purdue also didn't get two free wins in Rutgers and Maryland. As mentioned somewhere else, when you rank last year's standings 1-14 and take the average finish of the east and west, there was a .1 difference. That's about as even as you could get.

LOL.

In terms of talent, Michigan and Penn State are way ahead of Wisconsin and light years ahead of Minnesota. Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan are the only three program in the B10 who consistently have top 10-15 rated recruiting classes. College Football is all about talent and depth and it starts with recruiting. Wisconsin's record against the big 3 from the East (OSU, Penn State, Michigan) over the years (especially since they split into East/West divisions in 2014) speaks for itself. Michigan State has taken a step back the last year or two, but they have 6 10+ win seasons the last 10 years. The East division is not only tougher than the West, by tougher by a mile. Only a delusional person would argue otherwise.

Last edited:
LOL.

In terms of talent, Michigan and Penn State are ahead of Wisconsin and light years ahead of Minnesota. Ohio State, Penn State, and Michigan are the only three program in the B10 who consistently have top 10-15 rated recruiting classes. College Football is all about talent and depth and it starts with recruiting. Wisconsin's record against the big 3 from the East (OSU, Penn State, Michigan) over the years speaks for itself. Michigan State has taken a step back the last year or two, but they have 6 10+ win seasons the last 10 years. The East division is not only tougher than the West, by tougher by a mile. Only a delusional person would argue otherwise.
Yes. 4 years ago it was a huge discrepancy. But the west is catching fast. It isn't always about recruiting rankings. As in, they aren't the end all, be all. Purdue and Nebraska have out recruited the west each of the past two years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Wisconsin start a walk-on and a 2 star recruit on the Oline and a 3 star RB last year.

Wisconsin is recruiting better than ever though and remember what they did to Michigan last year? Minnesota, while they will take a step back I think, did beat psu last year. So I'm not sure they are light years ahead. OSU is light years ahead of everyone. The bottom of the east is also much worse then the bottom of the west. I think NW and Iowa almost beat Michigan last year as well. 1 possession for both?

So when looking at Indiana and Purdue. IU gets three tough games. OSU, PSU, and UM. 1 same level game. MSU. And two gimmes. Rutger and Maryland. Purdue gets one tough game. Wisconsin. 5 same level games.

As mentioned, it was a big difference a few years ago, but the west is catching fast.

Last edited:
Yes. 4 years ago it was a huge discrepancy. But the west is catching fast. It isn't always about recruiting rankings. As in, they aren't the end all, be all. Purdue and Nebraska have out recruited the west each of the past two years.

Wisconsin is recruiting better than ever though and remember what they did to Michigan last year? Minnesota, while they will take a step back I think, did beat psu last year. So I'm not sure they are light years ahead. OSU is light years ahead of everyone. The bottom of the east is also much worse then the bottom of the west. I think NW and Iowa almost beat Michigan last year as well. 1 possession for both?

So when looking at Indiana and Purdue. IU gets three tough games. OSU, PSU, and UM. 1 same level game. MSU. And two gimmes. Rutger and Maryland. Purdue gets one tough game. Wisconsin. 5 same level games.

As mentioned, it was a big difference a few years ago, but the west is catching fast.

LOL.

Wisconsin is 2-9 against the Big 3 from the East since the divisions split. Michigan State has been a perennial top 20 team the last decade although have dropped off the last year or two. That isn't a same level game. Michigan State on average recruits better than Wisconsin.

Rutgers is the only perennial bad team (in terms of talent) in the East. Maryland's record doesn't do it justice (coaching) but recruit at a much higher level than you give them credit for.

Bottom line is that Indiana is GUARANTEED games with Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State EVERY year and those are easily the three most talented teams in the Big 10 year in and year out to the point it is not even worth arguing. They also are guaranteed a game with Michigan State every year who still recruits on the same level as Wisconsin and Iowa (the two best teams in the West). Purdue is certain years isn't guaranteed to play ANY of OSU/PSU/Mich and is guaranteed a cross-over game with Indiana who in the grand scheme of things is still bottom tier B10 team in terms of talent/depth. Acting like a team from the West has it the same for a team in the East (especially Indiana) is out of their mind. I don't know why this still continues to be debated. Indiana this year has their usual opponents they play every year on top of Wisconsin. It's laughable you want to continue to go down this road.

LOL.

Wisconsin is 2-9 against the Big 3 from the East since the divisions split. Michigan State has been a perennial top 20 team the last decade although have dropped off the last year or two. That isn't a same level game. Michigan State on average recruits better than Wisconsin.

Rutgers is the only perennial bad team (in terms of talent) in the East. Maryland's record doesn't do it justice (coaching) but recruit at a much higher level than you give them credit for.

Bottom line is that Indiana is GUARANTEED games with Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State EVERY year and those are easily the three most talented teams in the Big 10 year in and year out to the point it is not even worth arguing. They also are guaranteed a game with Michigan State every year who still recruits on the same level as Wisconsin and Iowa (the two best teams in the West). Purdue is certain years isn't guaranteed to play ANY of OSU/PSU/Mich and is guaranteed a cross-over game with Indiana who in the grand scheme of things is still bottom tier B10 team in terms of talent/depth. Acting like a team from the West has it the same for a team in the East (especially Indiana) is out of their mind. I don't know why this still continues to be debated. Indiana this year has their usual opponents they play every year on top of Wisconsin. It's laughable you want to continue to go down this road.
You can't possibly sit here and tell me the gap isn't closing though. You keep referring to a few years ago. Yes. It was uneven then. But MSU has fallen off and Maryland hired a coach that is like 5-45 as a head coach in his career. Every team in the west besides maybe NW is much better than they were 2 years ago. Do you disagree? PSU and UM lost to the best two west teams last year. What has to happen for you to say they are the same?

You can't possibly sit here and tell me the gap isn't closing though. You keep referring to a few years ago. Yes. It was uneven then. But MSU has fallen off and Maryland hired a coach that is like 5-45 as a head coach in his career. Every team in the west besides maybe NW is much better than they were 2 years ago. Do you disagree? PSU and UM lost to the best two west teams last year. What has to happen for you to say they are the same?

Closing the gap in terms of what? Talent? Competitiveness. The Big Ten West may be a more competitive division in terms of parity because there isn't a single elite team, but it's nowhere close to the degree of difficulty that is the Big Ten East. Not by a long shot. Until Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, etc can start consistently pulling in top 10-15 ranked recruiting classes, the gap between Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State is going to continue to be a wide margin.

Reactions: vesuvius13 and 76-1
Closing the gap in terms of what? Talent? Competitiveness. The Big Ten West may be a more competitive division in terms of parity because there isn't a single elite team, but it's nowhere close to the degree of difficulty that is the Big Ten East. Not by a long shot. Until Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, etc can start consistently pulling in top 10-15 ranked recruiting classes, the gap between Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State is going to continue to be a wide margin.
They are catching in terms of beating the top teams of the east. Recruiting rankings aren't the end all be all. If you look at them that way and that way only, you are right. But then Purdue is also the 5th best team in the big ten the last two years. Nebraska the 4th.

Wisconsin had a 2 start and walk-on start on the oline and a 3 star RB last year. Minnesota started a 2 star QB and he was one of the best in the country in terms of advanced metrics. Those two beat UM and PSU.

They are catching in terms of beating the top teams of the east. Recruiting rankings aren't the end all be all. If you look at them that way and that way only, you are right. But then Purdue is also the 5th best team in the big ten the last two years. Nebraska the 4th.

Wisconsin had a 2 start and walk-on start on the oline and a 3 star RB last year. Minnesota started a 2 star QB and he was one of the best in the country in terms of advanced metrics. Those two beat UM and PSU.

Bull they don't. Who are consistently the best teams in the country year in and year out? The teams who consistently recruit the best. Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc are the best teams in the country because they recruit the best talent. Like I said, Wisconsin is 2-9 against the Big 3 from the East since the divisions split. That's not a coincidence. Wisconsin is able to win 10-11 games a year because they aren't guaranteed games every year with Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State or else they'd be a mid-pack team in the East. I admire their program consider they for the longest time were the dormant team in the Big Ten, but they just simply aren't om the level of Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State, not even close.

Bull they don't. Who are consistently the best teams in the country year in and year out? The teams who consistently recruit the best. Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc are the best teams in the country because they recruit the best talent. Like I said, Wisconsin is 2-9 against the Big 3 from the East since the divisions split. That's not a coincidence. Wisconsin is able to win 10-11 games a year because they aren't guaranteed games every year with Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State or else they'd be a mid-pack team in the East. I admire their program consider they for the longest time were the dormant team in the Big Ten, but they just simply aren't om the level of Ohio State, Michigan, and Penn State, not even close.
If you look from when the divisions started, yes, three east is better. Historically, the east is better. But the gap isn't as big as it used to be and as Purdue, Nebraska, and Minnesota get better and Wisconsin learns to pass the ball, they will continue to get better. Projecting forward, it's looking like the west won't be far behind the east at all.

It also doesn't help Wisconsin that they have played OSU probably 6 times since the east and west became a thing. And unless OSU is playing Purdue, they are typically unbeatable. Regardless of who they are playing in the big ten.

If you look from when the divisions started, yes, three east is better. Historically, the east is better. But the gap isn't as big as it used to be and as Purdue, Nebraska, and Minnesota get better and Wisconsin learns to pass the ball, they will continue to get better. Projecting forward, it's looking like the west won't be far behind the east at all.

It also doesn't help Wisconsin that they have played OSU probably 6 times since the east and west became a thing. And unless OSU is playing Purdue, they are typically unbeatable. Regardless of who they are playing in the big ten.

?

Minnesota has had one good year under Fleck in a year where they missed Michigan and Ohio State and got Penn State at home. I'm going to need to see a sustained level out of success before I crown anything for Minnesota. Nebraska has had one winning season since 2015 and Purdue has a losing record under Jeff Brohm. Not entirely sure how either of those teams are contributing to closing the gap?

?

Minnesota has had one good year under Fleck in a year where they missed Michigan and Ohio State and got Penn State at home. I'm going to need to see a sustained level out of success before I crown anything for Minnesota. Nebraska has had one winning season since 2015 and Purdue has a losing record under Jeff Brohm. Not entirely sure how either of those teams are contributing to closing the gap?
You were referring to recruiting rankings for the top 3, but they don't work for Nebraska and Purdue when referring to the west catching the east? Purdue will continue to get better. I'm sure Nebraska will as well.

Actually curious to see what happens to Minny this year. They lost a lot.

While I agree that head to head means a lot there are factors that go into it that can make a big difference. For instance when Purdue beat OSU a couple of years ago. Do you truly believe Purdue was better than OSU? Yes they were for that one night. If those two teams were to play ten games how many more do you think Purdue would have won? Maybe one more but I doubt it. The thing is sometimes all the stars are aligned right Purdue was playing a night game at home the crowd was electric, you had the extra emotion of Tyler Trent an amazing story I might add, Purdue coaches offense and defense had a great game plan that was executed , Ohio state a little flat not giving Purdue enough respect. Purdue gets out to a good start seize momentum and by the time OSU figured out things it was already over. But just because Wisconsin beat Michigan and Penn State lost to Minnesota that does necessarily mean that they are better. They were better in those particular days for sure. I do believe that in general Michigan and Penn Staye are better than than Wisconsin, Minnesota and even Iowa true the gap is not that great but I do believe it is there.

Reactions: TMFT
While I agree that head to head means a lot there are factors that go into it that can make a big difference. For instance when Purdue beat OSU a couple of years ago. Do you truly believe Purdue was better than OSU? Yes they were for that one night. If those two teams were to play ten games how many more do you think Purdue would have won? Maybe one more but I doubt it. The thing is sometimes all the stars are aligned right Purdue was playing a night game at home the crowd was electric, you had the extra emotion of Tyler Trent an amazing story I might add, Purdue coaches offense and defense had a great game plan that was executed , Ohio state a little flat not giving Purdue enough respect. Purdue gets out to a good start seize momentum and by the time OSU figured out things it was already over. But just because Wisconsin beat Michigan and Penn State lost to Minnesota that does necessarily mean that they are better. They were better in those particular days for sure. I do believe that in general Michigan and Penn Staye are better than than Wisconsin, Minnesota and even Iowa true the gap is not that great but I do believe it is there.
Depends on if you want to look at historical record and take that into account. If so, I'd think Purdue would win 4 or 5 vs OSU. Lol

All joking aside, you're probably right, but I do think it shows that gap is closing. Maybe, assuming I get a chance, I'll try to pull of some recruiting data to see how that reflects as well. Again though, recruiting won't tell the whole story.

Depends on if you want to look at historical record and take that into account. If so, I'd think Purdue would win 4 or 5 vs OSU. Lol

All joking aside, you're probably right, but I do think it shows that gap is closing. Maybe, assuming I get a chance, I'll try to pull of some recruiting data to see how that reflects as well. Again though, recruiting won't tell the whole story.

So weird how well Purdue has fared against OSU the last 20 years or so. Have played them pretty damn tough.

I just rewatched the IU PU OT game from last Nov.
PU has that true freshman, Bell?, who I think will be a start next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT