ADVERTISEMENT

If you don’t want to hear from Purdue fans then please don’t read

I just rewatched the IU PU OT game from last Nov.
PU has that true freshman, Bell?, who I think will be a start next year.
Purdue fans figure it would be the most Purdue thing ever to not have Rondale and Bell play together if the season was cancelled. Lol I don't see how there can't be a season, but I don't want to get into that here.

I just rewatched the IU PU OT game from last Nov.
PU has that true freshman, Bell?, who I think will be a start next year.
I hate to disagree with you I don’t think he is going be a star. I think he already is one. One problem is his numbers or Moore’s numbers may suffer a little bit there is only one football. Tough problem to have I would take it. I hope IU has the same problem with Scott and James.

I think both schools are always going to be behind the curve until they get highly recruited linemen, offensively and defensively. The hogs up front determine the outcome of games. It’s great to have the highly touted skill guys but think of J.K. Dobbins or Saquon Barkley behind an IU or Purdue offensive line. No comparison. And the two deep on both OSU and PSU lines is 4-star talent across the board. That’s the key: Every kid to plug in there is a 4-star, 1st or 2nd string. Hard to win games in the trenches against that amount of firepower up front.

I think both schools are always going to be behind the curve until they get highly recruited linemen, offensively and defensively. The hogs up front determine the outcome of games. It’s great to have the highly touted skill guys but think of J.K. Dobbins or Saquon Barkley behind an IU or Purdue offensive line. No comparison. And the two deep on both OSU and PSU lines is 4-star talent across the board. That’s the key: Every kid to plug in there is a 4-star, 1st or 2nd string. Hard to win games in the trenches against that amount of firepower up front.
Actually I believe IU’s offensive line was better than PSU’s for most of Barkley’s time there. There were a couple of years there that PSU offensive line was awful. I do believe o line and d line recruiting is trending up. We may not be getting 4 and 5 star recruits but we are getting solid 3 stars and they developing well.

Actually I believe IU’s offensive line was better than PSU’s for most of Barkley’s time there. There were a couple of years there that PSU offensive line was awful. I do believe o line and d line recruiting is trending up. We may not be getting 4 and 5 star recruits but we are getting solid 3 stars and they developing well.
That is the key. Development. I looked at oline recruiting in the big ten and it amazes me how average Wisconsin's oline recruiting is compared to their talent. Looking at 2 deeps that is. I looked at the 2 deeps at like week 6 or 7.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT