ADVERTISEMENT

If We're Gonna Sell Beer

Ahh...the stinking smell of beer in the stands and beer pi** all over the floor in the restrooms. That's a real upgrade...not. Worst idea...ever.

Ahh...the stinking smell of beer in the stands and beer pi** all over the floor in the restrooms. That's a real upgrade...not. Worst idea...ever.
Guess you haven't needed to use the restroom there lately.., because that's a perfect description of how they already are ;)

Last edited:
Again, you just described football games as they currently are.

Think its gonna get better with 15,000 drunk fans?

No worries. The AD has already made his decision (segregated drinking in the N end zone) and anything we type on here isn't likely to impact it...

Now he hasn't had a chance to fully consider the bookies and hookers idea so that might be one to look forward to with some trepidation...;)

Seriously though.., you've never noticed all those people in the parking areas drinking prior to the kickoff. They are the same ones sitting around you at Game time... (at least for most of the first half until they decide to go out and drink some more [unless they're one of those "geniuses" who thinks they've "outsmarted everyone" by "getting the jump on traffic by "driving home midway thru the third quarter"...:confused:] )...

My point is that, like it or not, we are already in close contact with, if not actually surrounded by people who have already been drinking. Most of them have the good judgment to limit themselves to an amount that simply (in their mind) enhances the entertainment factor for them.

My thought in the other thread was to entice them to come inside early and stay late by offering them something they clearly desire to have access to..., while limiting them to a safer amount of intake...

Now we aren't as far apart opinion wise on sitting near drunks as you might think...My opinion simply evolved (from my perspective only) to deal with what I think is the reality of the situation.

Hope you keep showing up at games. INDIANA FOOTBALL needs you thru thick and thin...

Last edited:
Reactions: IUCol and ESalum86

No worries. The AD has already made his decision (segregated drinking in the N end zone) and anything we type on here isn't likely to impact it...

Now he hasn't had a chance to fully consider the bookies and hookers idea so that might be one to look forward to with some trepidation...;)

Seriously though.., you've never noticed all those people in the parking areas drinking prior to the kickoff. They are the same ones sitting around you at Game time... (at least for most of the first half until they decide to go out and drink some more [unless they're one of those "geniuses" who thinks they've "outsmarted everyone" by "getting the jump on traffic by "driving home midway thru the third quarter"...:confused:] )...

My point is that, like it or not, we are already in close contact with, if not actually surrounded by people who have already been drinking. Most of them have the good judgment to limit themselves to an amount that simply (in their mind) enhances the entertainment factor for them.

My thought in the other thread was to entice them to come inside early and stay late by offering them something they clearly desire to have access to..., while limiting them to a safer amount of intake...

Now we aren't as far apart opinion wise on sitting near drunks as you might think...My opinion simply evolved (from my perspective only) to deal with what I think is the reality of the situation.

Hope you keep showing up at games. INDIANA FOOTBALL needs you thru thick and thin...
Maybe the AD needs to start paying more attention to the actual items fans want as well as acknowledging proof from other universities rather than leading the way in pc worries. I was on the fan advisory board for a couple of years. Many times fans would express ideas that weren’t on the “set agenda” but you got the feeling reps (and they were great) were limited in their scope by higher ups and relegated to gathering info like “are the ushers helpful” rather than truly listening.

Reactions: JohnsyRick and 76-1
Maybe the AD needs to start paying more attention to the actual items fans want as well as acknowledging proof from other universities rather than leading the way in pc worries. I was on the fan advisory board for a couple of years. Many times fans would express ideas that weren’t on the “set agenda” but you got the feeling reps (and they were great) were limited in their scope by higher ups and relegated to gathering info like “are the ushers helpful” rather than truly listening.
I don't understand why they would bother with this kind of thing if they are not going to listen. Do they really think it is good PR to not listen? They would be better off just not doing it. Do they realize that the fans are their customers?

In my company we went out of our way to get input from our customers and put it to good use. Of course you can't do everything someone comes up with but you go out of your way when you do not to make sure they know you value their input and why your cannot do it.

I'll see your Red Stripe and raise you to a Modelo.

A Modelo in candy-stripes strikes me as a VIOLATION.

Meanwhile, a Red Stripe at an IU athletic function strikes me as "just as God intended."

Serve it in one of these:

il_340x270.1130390640_e0sk.jpg

and angels might sing.

Toss in free mints:
root-beer-puffs.jpg

Get the frat guys to wear these;
candy-cane-apparel-striped-tie-FT-BLOG1117.jpg

CO-eds can pick between these:

red_and_white_candy_cane_striped_leggings-r0308d4ad985141218725e00e446b024a_6ftqc_324.jpg

and these:

81F8rWZ5GIL._AC_UL200_SR160,200_.jpg

Sell some of these:
7131AKJy5YL.jpg

and then some cream and crimson bison hats ....

We're talking a marketing orgy ...

I don't understand why they would bother with this kind of thing if they are not going to listen. Do they really think it is good PR to not listen? They would be better off just not doing it. Do they realize that the fans are their customers?

In my company we went out of our way to get input from our customers and put it to good use. Of course you can't do everything someone comes up with but you go out of your way when you do not to make sure they know you value their input and why your cannot do it.
There were several good things too, just got feeling they were limiting their feedback to the set agendas too much. Way too concerned with the details and not addressing the obvious or bigger issues bc bigger issues tend to ruffle feathers and aren’t as easy. Heavy on optics, not wanting feedback on out of box thinking. Just my feeling though

Reactions: 76-1 and JohnsyRick

Meanwhile, a Red Stripe at an IU athletic function strikes me as "just as God intended."

and angels might sing.

Toss in free mints:
root-beer-puffs.jpg

red_and_white_candy_cane_striped_leggings-r0308d4ad985141218725e00e446b024a_6ftqc_324.jpg

and these:

Sell some of these:
7131AKJy5YL.jpg

Arrgggghhhh.....! I was afraid you were going to suggest putting more of it back on the uniforms...!!! Shudder...;)

We Need a "Nicks" look BISON mascot... I could even live with a candy striped tail on him/her/it if we could come up with one or two or a herd of those (how about four and stick them at points of the compass around the sidelines and endlines)...

Funny stuff there, by the way MTIOTF...:D

and angels might sing.

Toss in free mints:
root-beer-puffs.jpg

and these:

Sell some of these:
7131AKJy5YL.jpg

Coeds, lollipops, and a marketing whhaaatttt?

Arrgggghhhh.....! I was afraid you were going to suggest putting more of it back on the uniforms...!!! Shudder...;)

We Need a "Nicks" look BISON mascot... I could even live with a candy striped tail on him/her/it if we could come up with one or two or a herd of those (how about four and stick them at points of the compass around the sidelines and endlines)...

Funny stuff there, by the way MTIOTF...:D
I’m pro Bison

Reactions: JohnsyRick and 76-1
My friend down here in Bloomington has Bison. We have been trying to get the powers that be, let us run one of his beasts around the field just like Colorado. Turns out they are pretty mean and are very capable of trampling and seriously hurting people. I figure the sense of danger of me and my friend getting mashed and drug around the field to a bloody pulp, could just get people in their seats earlier and stay there for the game! It's a win win, and I'm prepared to do it for Old IU. Also if we serve alcohol at the games, please none of that local swill full of hops. Make mine a Guiness!

First of all, the numbers won't change. If there will be $15,000 drunk fans if we sell beer then we already have $15,000 drunk fans from the tailgates. (Your numbers, not mine....no way it's even close to being that high.)

BUT.....i would certainly take $15K drunk fans over your uptightness, so just feel free to stay home.

Reactions: RBB89
Oh, I'm a drunk pig cuz I think they should sell beer? Uhhhhh, okay - if you say so.

And oooooh, I won't like the results, huh? What are you going to do, type away at your keyboard and REALLY let me have it? No, please not that! Anything but that!!!
Are people actually smiling when they type "vbg"? I doubt it. Kind of a passive-aggressive thing, I think.

My friend down here in Bloomington has Bison. We have been trying to get the powers that be, let us run one of his beasts around the field just like Colorado. Turns out they are pretty mean and are very capable of trampling and seriously hurting people. I figure the sense of danger of me and my friend getting mashed and drug around the field to a bloody pulp, could just get people in their seats earlier and stay there for the game! It's a win win, and I'm prepared to do it for Old IU. Also if we serve alcohol at the games, please none of that local swill full of hops. Make mine a Guiness!
This is why
1. use a young yearling that has been imprinted and is somewhat less crazed.
2. use about 15 handlers.
3.Hire T.C. Thorstenson (of Harvey Wallbanger fame) as a consultant.
4. under no circumstances screw around with a mature buff...
...which can run as fast as a quarter horse,
turn around at top speed in one body length, and at 1,500 -1,800 lbs jump flat-footed over a five foot fence...
I got this...

Reactions: 76-1 and muubell
Scariest road sign I've ever driven by (at night) on a county road in Southern Colorado: "Watch for Bison on the Roadway":confused:;)

Scariest road sign I've ever driven by (at night) on a county road in Southern Colorado: "Watch for Bison on the Roadway":confused:;)

This has always been my favorite.... someone with a sense of humor in Michigan. This an actual off ramp on 75 and even has its own fan page....

EDIT: it doesn’t look like the image will link. It is “ Exit 69 A-B Big Beaver Rd” just google it. Plenty of picks online.

uqFT6R

This is why
1. use a young yearling that has been imprinted and is somewhat less crazed.
2. use about 15 handlers.
3.Hire T.C. Thorstenson (of Harvey Wallbanger fame) as a consultant.
4. under no circumstances screw around with a mature buff...
...which can run as fast as a quarter horse,
turn around at top speed in one body length, and at 1,500 -1,800 lbs jump flat-footed over a five foot fence...
I got this...

Let one plow through the Purdue band once in a while.
Call it an accident.

(Good to see you around these parts.)

Reactions: 76-1
ADVERTISEMENT