ADVERTISEMENT

If we can’t beat this Purdue team....

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
We never will with the current staff. Not only are they awful, but Edey just sprained his ankle. That was their size advantage.

His ankle must not to be to bad he has played in the 2nd half . PU only down 3 at MSU . MSU went 11 min. without scoring a basket . Hard to believe they went into Duke and handled them pretty easily .

First time I have seen pu this season. I recognize the big guy Williams and the white dude with unfortunate hair. That was it.

MS made a shitload of poor decisions in the shot clock. Outside of Williams dominating the paint neither team looked good.

This game has set basketball back 100 years. Michigan State has made one FG since the 15:44 mark of the 2nd half yet somehow still leads.
19/56 field goals for 34%
3-24 from Threes.

Won the game. Give Painter and his team credit for hanging in there and toughing out an ugly win. It will take all we have to beat these guys. Scrappy like always. And a true pain in the ass.

Last edited:
First time I have seen pu this season. I recognize the big guy Williams and the white dude with unfortunate hair. That was it.

MS made a shitload of poor decisions in the shot clock. Outside of Williams dominating the paint neither team looked good.

not as poor of decisions as wasting 2 timeouts to draw up a play that involved Two players running to the same spot on the court

24,000 posts (and god only knows how many more under other names) and half of them are about Kentucky and Purdue 🤣

Rent Free Baby!
Btw, why do you think Dakich called you an ass on the radio the other day? :p

Reactions: Radio Zero
not as poor of decisions as wasting 2 timeouts to draw up a play that involved Two players running to the same spot on the court
Izzo didn't double Williams--he knew they would go to him.
MSU had no tough inside D to stop him.
Made me sick

19/56 field goals for 34%
3-24 from Threes.

Won the game. Give Painter and his team credit for hanging in there and toughing out an ugly win. It will take all we have to beat these guys. Scrappy like always. And a true pain in the ass.

Not going to win many games making 2 baskets in the last 16 minutes of regulation. Congrats to Painter on MSU’s incompetence I guess?

Not going to win many games making 2 baskets in the last 16 minutes of regulation. Congrats to Painter on MSU’s incompetence I guess?
Another way of spinning that is despite MSU only making two baskets over the last 16 minutes, Purdue needed a bucket near the buzzer to win by one. Looking at the shot chart, MSU was shooting more than half their attempts outside the paint whereas Purdue had the majority of their looks in the paint.

Another way of spinning that is despite MSU only making two baskets over the last 16 minutes, Purdue needed a bucket near the buzzer to win by one. Looking at the shot chart, MSU was shooting more than half their attempts outside the paint whereas Purdue had the majority of their looks in the paint.

Well yeah, if I was 3-25 from 3 (like Purdue) I probably wouldn’t shoot from the perimeter either. It was an ugly, ugly basketball but one team always has to lose. IU needs to capitalize on all four of their games against Purdue and MSU. Neither are very good.

I've never understood the tendency of some posters to make final judgments on games early in the first half.

What's to understand? Stupid was/is ever incomprehensible to all save those similarly afflicted. Count your blessings - as I understand it you 're but moments away from snorkeling, body surfing, etc.

What's to understand? Stupid was/is ever incomprehensible to all save those similarly afflicted. Count your blessings - as I understand it you 're but moments away from snorkeling, body surfing, etc.
I wish. I live in Ohio now and I didn’t bother changing my handle after moving from Hawaii the last time.

True, I don't know if Rob freelanced that or not but it screwed any chance Al had.

And one thing I did notice is the play pu used on the inbounds from the corner. I honestly did not consider what I would draw up to inbound or to defend the inbound before they ran the play but credit to Painter and team for what was a well executed play from a tough spot to inbounds.

As mentioned earlier...msu made a lot of terrible decisions inside the shot clock and pu fed the big dude successfully.

• Haha
Reactions: B_Town_Buford
Hey there. Richie found a new handle.

Hi Coach!!

You used to post multiple times daily on Rupp and GBI now youve suddenly stopped. What gives? 🤣

Also see on GBI where you said "Trevion Williams has regressed this year." 🤣🤣

Well-done Coach!

Reactions: Cavanagh
As mentioned earlier...msu made a lot of terrible decisions inside the shot clock and pu fed the big dude successfully.

Yes it was an abysmal basketball game, only MSU played more abysmal in the 2H. It took a lot of right bounces and some odd whistles, plus a few coaching blunders from Izzo which is rare, for Purdue to pull it out.

-phantom bailout foul called with Hunter driving out of control to the basket down 54-50

-Izzo not using one of his two timeouts after the second made FT to draw up an inbound play

-refs missing an obvious over the back on Frankenstein as he was being blocked out

-Izzo not going zone on the out of bounds play under the basket that allowed Williams to catch the ball in the position he did

• Haha
We never will with the current staff. Not only are they awful, but Edey just sprained his ankle. That was their size advantage.
Our losses are to top 20 teams.
Hmmmm... MSU started out being higher rated, we beat Ohio state when they were ranked and you lost to Texas by 25 or so. We lost to Iowa who is back in top 5, Illinois and Rutgers who are all around top 15.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT