ADVERTISEMENT

If the Lefts Ideas Are Truly Superior Why Do They NEED To Literally Force Them On Everyone

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana
This is a depressing look at what a University higher level education has devolved to:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/north-korean-defector-ivy-league-nuts 😳

Instead of learning to think critically and use multiple sources to reach conclusions they are now being taught simplistic pure indoctrination bs and to not question anything coming from someone in authority...

We are headed down a rabbit hole we may never climb out of if this is how we continue to educate our future leaders....😖🙈

This is a depressing look at what a University higher level education has devolved to:

Instead of learning to think critically and use multiple sources to reach conclusions they are now being taught simplistic pure indoctrination bs and to not question anything coming from someone in authority...

We are headed down a rabbit hole we may never climb out of if this is how we continue to educate our future leaders....😖🙈
You just don't understand man, everyone that isnt a liberal is too dumb to think on their own . Yet they cry about voter suppression to their ideas as they think many of their voters arent capable of obtaining an ID. I am not sure what animal, maybe mythological unicorn, should be the new Dem mascott from the jack ass they have used so long their mascot is Hypocrisy.

I would be very hesitant to pay for a liberal arts degree these days. It’s a shame because those types of majors once taught you how to think critically I’m told.

I’m lucky I didn’t have to leave the Kelley bubble too often for classes. But when I did……. boy what a freak show.

Even Kelley is starting to get hit in the form of environmental business and other such nonsense.

This is certainly a cute story, where we're supposed to think that a single International student's "disappointing" experience at Columbia is somehow representative of the school's population as a whole, or even International students' experiences as a whole...

However, Columbia ranks very highly as a choice for "International students" with 16 % of their students consisting of International students. I knew NOTHING about Columbia's "International population" before reading this post but a simple google search revealed that foreign students LIKE attending Columbia. Ivy League Columbia is the #4 school in the US in terms of the number of international students in their student body...

She's entitled to express her OPINION and you can get all warm and fuzzy with it if you chose. But if her OPINION carried weight with others, wouldn't the number of Intl students applying to and attending Columbia be dropping off?

Five years is plenty of time for the market to determine the product's fate. The fact is more and more foreign students are deciding to attend Columbia so she has to be characterized as a total OUTLIER. It may be a peculiarity due to her N Korean upbringing (I googled but no other N Koreans at Columbia came up), but obviously MANY MORE foreign students have a more positive view of Columbia than she does.

I'd expect her to urge her friends/family to avoid Columbia, and I'd expect other Intl students to do the same if they agreed with her opinion. THAT is clearly not happening because Columbia's appeal among Intl students is growing. So why should anyone consider her opinion of what Columbia does any more valid than the majority of Intl students who attend and are obviously recommending it to their friends/family? The only way products INCREASE in popularity is if the buzz surrounding them is positive.

I really have no idea of what life is like at Columbia, but it seems to appeal to its target audience. Isn't that how a product's success is ultimately measured? Why are you giving any gravitas to this article at all? Whatever Columbia is selling, it's obvious people WANT it. Why would they change anything, if their policies are making them more appealing to MORE Intl students?

Reactions: IU_Hickory
This is certainly a cute story, where we're supposed to think that a single International student's "disappointing" experience at Columbia is somehow representative of the school's population as a whole, or even International students' experiences as a whole...

However, Columbia ranks very highly as a choice for "International students" with 16 % of their students consisting of International students. I knew NOTHING about Columbia's "International population" before reading this post but a simple google search revealed that foreign students LIKE attending Columbia. Ivy League Columbia is the #4 school in the US in terms of the number of international students in their student body...

She's entitled to express her OPINION and you can get all warm and fuzzy with it if you chose. But if her OPINION carried weight with others, wouldn't the number of Intl students applying to and attending Columbia be dropping off?

Five years is plenty of time for the market to determine the product's fate. The fact is more and more foreign students are deciding to attend Columbia so she has to be characterized as a total OUTLIER. It may be a peculiarity due to her N Korean upbringing (I googled but no other N Koreans at Columbia came up), but obviously MANY MORE foreign students have a more positive view of Columbia than she does.

I'd expect her to urge her friends/family to avoid Columbia, and I'd expect other Intl students to do the same if they agreed with her opinion. THAT is clearly not happening because Columbia's appeal among Intl students is growing. So why should anyone consider her opinion of what Columbia does any more valid than the majority of Intl students who attend and are obviously recommending it to their friends/family? The only way products INCREASE in popularity is if the buzz surrounding them is positive.

I really have no idea of what life is like at Columbia, but it seems to appeal to its target audience. Isn't that how a product's success is ultimately measured? Why are you giving any gravitas to this article at all? Whatever Columbia is selling, it's obvious people WANT it. Why would they change anything, if their policies are making them more appealing to MORE Intl students?
What is it like in your world?

Meanwhile, every right wing nut job you dig up on Twitter is indicative of conservatism as a whole.

You could have made your point in 500 fewer words. Not your style.

Reactions: Crayfish57 and 76-1

76, you might like the Jordan Peterson--Gad Saad you tube video, which is predominately on this topic. Long, but very interesting.

Reactions: 76-1
Trump's followers need very specific guidance, since common sense is not so common among them.

Case in point:

a27d24_9c8da172bcca47b7b74c14aad79585bd~mv2.jpeg

They are not forcing ideas on anyone. It is easy to tune them out. I have quit recognizing them as leaders. Their ideas are prohibitors to the freedom of American people. I will never listen to or watch or support any Democratic event. They have no ideas that they did not steal from others. When they do steal it they con the american public into to believe it was their idea and usually they just opposed before for their own personal benefit to garner votes.

Yup, better to have those hypocritical leaders like mcconnell or those leaders that try to claim the election was stolen. Those are definitely the role models for how a dictator should be..oops I mean a leader should be.

I mean what is more honorable than kicking someone out of leadership position (re: Cheney) for standing up for the constitution. Making sure everyone in the party falls on their knees for party leaders is how it was supposed to work. Screw the whole checks and balances.

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
Yup, better to have those hypocritical leaders like mcconnell or those leaders that try to claim the election was stolen. Those are definitely the role models for how a dictator should be..oops I mean a leader should be.

I mean what is more honorable than kicking someone out of leadership position (re: Cheney) for standing up for the constitution. Making sure everyone in the party falls on their knees for party leaders is how it was supposed to work. Screw the whole checks and balances.
"standing up for the constitution". Hilarious!

I agree. No one should force his/her ideas on others. Not even turtles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT