ADVERTISEMENT

If Stevens is out then this should be our man -

76-1

Hall of Famer
Mar 22, 2017
Indiana

Smart as HC, Belien as Associate HC, somebody who Really knows how to coach big men as an Assistant and perhaps Calbert Chaney or someone else with an INDIANA connection who's also a good coach...

Smart as HC, Belien as Associate HC, somebody who Really knows how to coach big men as an Assistant and perhaps Calbert Chaney or someone else with an INDIANA connection who's also a good coach...
You really think you could get Belein as an associate head coach ... make that call and see how fast you're told to GFYS

This may be the dumbest thing I've read on here in a while.

If not Smart, then Lewis, if not Lewis then Fife...
If not HC, then as assistants. If we can't pull Beard, each one of the remaining non-IU options bandied about seems as milquetoast as the next. I don't understand why there is so much resistance to the concept to be honest. We all want to get IU Basketball back to what it used to be, but don't dare trust the opinions of the people who were most responsible for it while it was good.

Reactions: 76-1
Given that you're posting it, I'll take that as a reverse compliment...

No so much re: Smart.... but Beilein as "associate HC". How delusional do you have to be to think that's in the realm of an earthly possibility?

76-1 is the dumbest guy from the football forum. He signal boosted this covid misinfo figure at the beginning of the pandemic.

Alright I peeked...

I have zero idea what you are speaking of in regard to COVID19...

You clearly have me mixed up with another poster. I have family at risk daily still fighting this CCP scourge... Hell..., at the beginning I was actually for lockdowns and I'm still pro mask...

Now you may hate me... but you'll need to pick a different reason... You're completely misinformed or simply lying about this one...

Reactions: BayernFan
No so much re: Smart.... but Beilein as "associate HC". How delusional do you have to be to think that's in the realm of an earthly possibility?

With enough money nearly anything is possible...

We were just about to get a 2nd mortgage on Assembly Hall to bring Stevens here... I'm certain we could find the $ to make this happen...

If Belein wants back in the game and is as interested in INDIANA basketball as John Laskowski says he is..., he just might be interested... He gets the enjoyment of coaching again while mentoring Smart and avoiding the headaches of the HC....

Reactions: BayernFan
Smart doesn’t check one huge important box. He’s never built a college program that’s down, which includes recruiting. Juwan Howard, who is mentioned in the article, took over a thriving Michigan program that Beilein built.

If not HC, then as assistants. If we can't pull Beard, each one of the remaining non-IU options bandied about seems as milquetoast as the next. I don't understand why there is so much resistance to the concept to be honest. We all want to get IU Basketball back to what it used to be, but don't dare trust the opinions of the people who were most responsible for it while it was good.
Good luck finding a HC worth a damn who doesn't insist on naming his own assistants. No decent coach in his right mind is going to allow the administration to dictate who he brings in to fill his staff. Good coaches know the value of having assistants who are loyal and share their vision.

I'm not saying the IU folks mentioned aren't qualified. Most mentioned are highly qualified. But a head coach has an absolute right to decide on the folks that are often the difference between success and the unemployment line.

Good luck finding a HC worth a damn who doesn't insist on naming his own assistants. No decent coach in his right mind is going to allow the administration to dictate who he brings in to fill his staff. Good coaches know the value of having assistants who are loyal and share their vision.

I'm not saying the IU folks mentioned aren't qualified. Most mentioned are highly qualified. But a head coach has an absolute right to decide on the folks that are often the difference between success and the unemployment line.
I agree. My heart is a little breaky tonight. Currently, I'm resigned to getting Fife or Keith Smart as HC and Lewis as lead assistant. I want my IU basketball back.

Alright I peeked...

I have zero idea what you are speaking of in regard to COVID19...

You clearly have me mixed up with another poster. I have family at risk daily still fighting this CCP scourge... Hell..., at the beginning I was actually for lockdowns and I'm still pro mask...

Now you may hate me... but you'll need to pick a different reason... You're completely misinformed or simply lying about this one...
I don't hate you. But you did get sucked into that Gordon G. Chang Wuhan Flu mess. And also you insulted the character of Mark Hagen, one of the best human beings working in college football. I'll try to view people less as faceless avatars on here, but it's quite addicting when you want to let off steam. You have a good attitude which is a valuable thing for the forums.

if not then Peter Jurkin? Would the announcers have to pronounce it differently like cockburn? Just because someone played for IU doesn't mean they are a good coach

Notice I didn't list Alford...😉

I'm going by what Guyton, Hillman, Laskowski and Haston have to say about the topic... I think they know more about what INDIANA Basketball needs than most... (just spitballing there)...

I don't hate you. But you did get sucked into that Gordon G. Chang Wuhan Flu mess. And also you insulted the character of Mark Hagen, one of the best human beings working in college football. I'll try to view people less as faceless avatars on here, but it's quite addicting when you want to let off steam. You have a good attitude which is a valuable thing for the forums.

I never insulted Hagens "character"...

I have the thread if you want to see it...

I don't recall what GC said about COVID19 but if it was that he thought it came from a Wuhan lab assistant I'm still inclined to agree wholeheartedly...

The p u trolls have put enough garbage on here it'll take a month to clean it all up so if you want to continue this I'll look for you over on the OTF...

ADVERTISEMENT