ADVERTISEMENT

If I'm Jackson-Davis, I transfer ...

I agree. As consistent as he's been for a freshman, and I really do think he's been terrific, I thought this was his worst game I've seen. I'd not be surprised if he's coming down with something, but he was a step slow on his man, didn't score or rebound and was more than a step slow on help most of the game. Didn't look like his normal self.

TJD was a two-year project all along. If he surpasses that...good for him and good for the coaching staff. If he hits the NBA after two years no one has anything to point to negatively although some opponents will just because that is how recruiting goes.

TJD was a two-year project all along. If he surpasses that...good for him and good for the coaching staff. If he hits the NBA after two years no one has anything to point to negatively although some opponents will just because that is how recruiting goes.
Project?? He's been far from a project. Has been our best player all year. I just wish our other players remembered that more often. I think the NBA will be there whenever he decides he's ready, but he'll help his draft stock immensely if he shows he can hit a jump shot.

Project?? He's been far from a project. Has been our best player all year. I just wish our other players remembered that more often. I think the NBA will be there whenever he decides he's ready, but he'll help his draft stock immensely if he shows he can hit a jump shot.

ugh. Is "process" better? Jeebus

Cmon, "project" implies someone who wasn't ready to play. It has a very specific meaning in sports. TJD was ready to play from Day 1... much moreso than I expected honestly.

Use any word that makes you happy.

He should transfer to Sparty sit out a year then go to final four with a bunch of 2021 indiana recruits
Sparty not all over the final four in recent years. Sure won't be this year and Winston and I think Tillman will be gone next year. I think Izzo's window might be closing.

I think next year’s incoming class shows the validity of it. The rejection by Brooks shows it. The likely struggle to get any of the highly rated 2021 Indiana kids will likely show it. Kids want to be developed. Kids want to play for a winning program. Kids want to contend for conference championships. Kids want deep tournament runs. IU isn’t offering those things, and competing coaches will be pointing that out to any recruits where Indiana is competition for them. Seems simple unless the message is too hard to fathom.

I think every recruit is different. I think in the one and done culture we are in a lot of kids are thinking about 1 thing and that's getting to the league. College is just that stepping stone to get there. Winning is not always the top priority. Quite honestly Romeo is an example of that, as is Anthony Edwards at UGA. Go to any rivals 150 and you'll see a lot of non prestigious programs mixed in.

IU basketball hasn't been nationally relevant since the 90's outside of a couple of seasons. Coaches will use that against Archie, and it'll work for a lot of recruits. That isn't entirely Archie's fault- none of these recruits were born when IU was a blue blood. He isn't doing himself any favors with his on court performance these first 3 years. Crean was doing much worse on the court his first 3 years and landed Zeller and recruiting really took off for a few years. I'm sure those same coaches were making the same points against IU at that time.

Reactions: Radio Zero
I think every recruit is different. I think in the one and done culture we are in a lot of kids are thinking about 1 thing and that's getting to the league. College is just that stepping stone to get there. Winning is not always the top priority. Quite honestly Romeo is an example of that, as is Anthony Edwards at UGA. Go to any rivals 150 and you'll see a lot of non prestigious programs mixed in.

IU basketball hasn't been nationally relevant since the 90's outside of a couple of seasons. Coaches will use that against Archie, and it'll work for a lot of recruits. That isn't entirely Archie's fault- none of these recruits were born when IU was a blue blood. He isn't doing himself any favors with his on court performance these first 3 years. Crean was doing much worse on the court his first 3 years and landed Zeller and recruiting really took off for a few years. I'm sure those same coaches were making the same points against IU at that time.
We don’t have a Zeller or Yogi coming to save the day just some average recruits

Reactions: Radio Zero

Who is archies zeller? I am not seeing one.

Normally (meaning if you were good) the players coming in next year would see limited action. Some on here are immediately claiming Galloway our savior, comical.
You mean playing high level college ball isn't the same as high school? Who knew? Seriously, Archie's recruiting is NOT strong.

I think next year’s incoming class shows the validity of it. The rejection by Brooks shows it. The likely struggle to get any of the highly rated 2021 Indiana kids will likely show it. Kids want to be developed. Kids want to play for a winning program. Kids want to contend for conference championships. Kids want deep tournament runs. IU isn’t offering those things, and competing coaches will be pointing that out to any recruits where Indiana is competition for them. Seems simple unless the message is too hard to fathom.

Correct.

How much do you think IU would’ve done for him? Didn’t KB’s dad essentially acknowledge that UK was a closer, surer path to the NBA? You don’t think those rumors aren’t picking up steam? Look at the incoming class and see who IU beat for each of them. It’s telling.

Indeed.

So do you want me to be upset? Is that what your asking? Sorry i am not. Its a big get but not sure what the point is. He got it done.

I don't care how you feel. Just surprised such a bad recruiter got him is all.

I don't care how you feel. Just surprised such a bad recruiter got him is all.
Sorry you feel that way. I can give you a chest bump if you want and say you had it right.
Or do you want an apology? Things change. A few weeks ago things looked awful. But it seems like you want me to say i hate iu? That im a hater?

Sorry you feel that way. I can give you a chest bump if you want and say you had it right.
Or do you want an apology? Things change. A few weeks ago things looked awful. But it seems like you want me to say i hate iu? That im a hater?

Not at all. I'm sure he wasn't even considering IU a few weeks ago.

Not at all. I'm sure he wasn't even considering IU a few weeks ago.
Ok hard to say. Seemed like it was up in the air and would go on awhile for sure. I was really surprised whem the alert popped up on my phone. Be cool if he reclassified.

Here we are falling 20 down and he's on the bench. Archie doesn't utilize him well at all. Imagine this pathetic team without him next season. Please fire Archie!

Dude, your handle references your dormitory which I am betting you lived in for all 4 years. You seem like a really rad dude. Glad you are not TJD.

It should be a lesson on the pitfalls of overreaction. One is that you could, probably usually, end up looking silly for it. We have a lot of posters here that looked very silly then when they declared recruiting weak or dead, and they look extra silly now.

It should be a lesson on the pitfalls of overreaction. One is that you could, probably usually, end up looking silly for it. We have a lot of posters here that looked very silly then when they declared recruiting weak or dead, and they look extra silly now.
Loads of irony in this post. Lots of gloating and celebrating for a recruit who’s still a high school junior. It’s a great get and I hope he’s everything people say he is, but some of us know how to tap the brakes and see how things actually turn out. You’re not one of them.

Loads of irony in this post. Lots of gloating and celebrating for a recruit who’s still a high school junior. It’s a great get and I hope he’s everything people say he is, but some of us know how to tap the brakes and see how things actually turn out. You’re not one of them.
You’re anything but the example for restraint and sanity. Frankly Mary, you’re an hysterical nut prone to emotional meltdowns leading to repeated bans on this board. You’d be a danger to yourself and others in any military unit. Go away, troll boy.

You’re anything but the example for restraint and sanity. Frankly Mary, you’re an hysterical nut prone to emotional meltdowns leading to repeated bans on this board. You’d be a danger to yourself and others in any military unit. Go away, troll boy.
Another whiny meltdown from you. No one will be surprised. The only troll here is you. Please leave. You add nothing but tears and tantrums.

I love going back to see how stupid everyone looks on threads like this! Fire Archie, TJD should transfer, plays with no heart. Lol.

You must be talking to Prankster. I'm surprised he hasn't been banned yet. Trust me the board is better without reading his posts. I recommend the ignore function.

You must be talking to Prankster. I'm surprised he hasn't been banned yet. Trust me the board is better without reading his posts. I recommend the ignore function.
I've never put anybody on ignore. Right this moment I don't even know how to. What I do is just ignore them the old fashioned way. I really think that this forum has the chance to be a great place. We all have something in common, at least most of us and that is the passion we have as IU fans. When I was at Moody in Chicago, the basketball coach taught the two PE classes I had to take. His name was Coach Dunn. I would ask him questions about the previous IU game, because here I have a coach who watches those games too. He started calling me Indiana. He said he never had a guy who was as crazy about IU basketball as me. So in the hallway between classes, "Hey, Indiana how's it going". I told him that in my hometown of Washington Indiana I would be seen as normal. I think a lot of the guys on this forum are in my camp. For some reason we just love IU.

Last edited:
Reactions: golf5958
You guessed correctly. He’s driven by his emotions and inexplicable arrogance. He always melts down eventually and is banned. I’d put him on ignore, but I did that when he was Mary and missed the post(s) that got him banned. I don’t want to miss this one. And I enjoy laughing at him when he has his little meltdowns between bans.

Reactions: MrBing
ADVERTISEMENT