ADVERTISEMENT

If FB is cancelled, little hope for BB

A treatment and vaccine could happen in the next several months. I could see B1G Basketball delayed to January 2021, and playing a full B1G schedule without fans in the stands.

when did I EVER SAY that I am a 'virus denier'? I had this fu$ken thing myself back in late January, asshole. Came back from Spain on a biz trip and was on my back for almost 2 weeks. So just shut your trap, you're an ignorant fool.

My gripe is with everyone on the planet letting China off the hook and blaming this on their political opponent.

Sorry mods, zap me if you want. This site brings nothing good to my life anyways...but when someone calls me- a COVID survivor, and a cancer survivor of 7 yrs ago- a "virus denier'...I cannot be quiet and will not hold back.

Go ahead and say it....Orange mad BAD! There...feel better now??

You're an idiot who had COVID. Still makes you an idiot.

Reactions: travlinhoosier
Had Cuomo restricted all traffic in and out of New York in mid March, instead of whining on national tv every day for a month, this virus would be a small fraction of what it has become. Cuomo 's inaction, while criticising any actions of the federal gov't as unconstitutional , is the major contributor to the woes of the US.

Reactions: indy1203
Had Cuomo restricted all traffic in and out of New York in mid March, instead of whining on national tv every day for a month, this virus would be a small fraction of what it has become. Cuomo 's inaction, while criticising any actions of the federal gov't as unconstitutional , is the major contributor to the woes of the US.
That's just stupid .......

I always love the "Orange man bad!" replies. Yes, that's what we've been saying!

I knew that 20 years ago. I certainly knew it about 2 minutes into the first R debate. I 100% without-a-single-doubt know it today.

Reactions: hondo314 and T.M.P.
I always love the "Orange man bad!" replies. Yes, that's what we've been saying!

I knew that 20 years ago. I certainly knew it about 2 minutes into the first R debate. I 100% without-a-single-doubt know it today.
The Orangeman is a complete POS ... a liar, a racist, a misogynist, a thief, a buffoon, a bore, an imbecile and incompetent beyond comprehension. He doesn't have a single virtuous or redeeming quality. not a single one.

This is known.

Last edited:
when did I EVER SAY that I am a 'virus denier'? I had this fu$ken thing myself back in late January, asshole. Came back from Spain on a biz trip and was on my back for almost 2 weeks. So just shut your trap, you're an ignorant fool.

My gripe is with everyone on the planet letting China off the hook and blaming this on their political opponent.

Sorry mods, zap me if you want. This site brings nothing good to my life anyways...but when someone calls me- a COVID survivor, and a cancer survivor of 7 yrs ago- a "virus denier'...I cannot be quiet and will not hold back.

Go ahead and say it....Orange mad BAD! There...feel better now??
Okay. Orange mad BAD! I'm not sure what that means, but it didn't make me feel any better. I'm sorry you had Covid, but I'm pretty sure you would be claiming it was a hoax if you hadn't caught it. I imagine it's traumatic when the real world pierces your magic bubble.

You asked for it:

Infectious disease expert Michael Osterholm on Monday contradicted President Donald Trump’s fanciful claim that the U.S. will soon be in “very good shape” with the coronavirus pandemic, instead predicting “an explosion” in new cases starting next month.

Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, told CNN’s Don Lemon that the U.S. is “just really beginning to get to the really large part of the problem” with an average of 45,000 to 50,000 new confirmed cases of the virus per day.

“When school starts both at the high school level and in college and universities, we think we’re going to see an explosion of cases in September that will far surpass what we saw after Memorial Day,” Osterholm said. “And that this is just going to continue increasing, getting higher and higher, in terms of numbers.”

Osterholm elaborated in an op-ed he wrote with Neel Kashkari, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, that was published in The New York Times on Friday. The column argued the U.S. needs another lockdown to slow the spread of the virus.

“We believe the choice is clear,” Osterholm and Kashkari wrote. “We can continue to allow the coronavirus to spread rapidly throughout the country or we can commit to a more restrictive lockdown, state by state, for up to six weeks to crush the spread of the virus to less than one new case per 100,000 people per day.”

“That’s the point at which we will be able to limit the increase in new cases through aggressive public health measures, just as other countries have done. But we’re a long way from there right now,” Osterholm and Kashkari acknowledged. “The imperative for this is clear because as a nation what we have done so far hasn’t worked.” MJ 8/11/20

Articles in Johns Hopkins Coronavirus site agree, we need to "reset" the Covid-19 pandemic in the USA.

That was my point...

A treatment and vaccine could happen in the next several months. I could see B1G Basketball delayed to January 2021, and playing a full B1G schedule without fans in the stands.

I don't think it was you, but if we're on topic ... to the dummy that said I was wrong when I guaranteed this would happen two months ago, I told you so!!! It's not like I'm some great prognosticator or something, but I do work there at a high level and hear things in meetings, and I knew it was trending this way all along.

Add to, unless there is a vaccine, I'll bet the whole year is cancelled, for all sports. They are not even sure they can go through November without trouble academically, saying it's doubtful ... great, so I have to be part of their science experiment on starting the semester, great! That's where it is though, I'm hoping/praying they change it to all online in a few days, it is just not safe to try to bring 50K people from all around the world back to Btown for a failed science experiment/ parking lot money grab

Last edited:
The Orangeman is a complete POS ... a liar, a racist, a misogynist, a thief, a buffoon, a bore, an imbecile and incompetent beyond comprehension. He doesn't have a single virtuous or redeeming quality. not a single one.

This is known.
MSNBC or another left wing media outlet like CNN tell you that?

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Good lord, this is worse than the Cooler.

That's not a bad thing, very entertaining.

Trump is to politics as Crean is to basketball. And they are both orange.

We can hope, that's about all. An effective vaccine may never come. We don't have a great track record devloping vaccines for corona viruses. As in, it's never happened.

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Trump is to politics as Crean is to basketball. And they are both orange.

Post of the year maybe ^^^^^, sad thing is it's probably an understatement on how bad Trump is. When Jim Boeheim finally hangs it up, either should be their first call

MSNBC or another left wing media outlet like CNN tell you that?

Blah blah blah — everyone blames the press sometimes but fascists build careers out of demonizing it. Convince the people the press is out to get them. Then convince them their institutions are out to get them - FBI, EPA, Supreme Court, Federal Reserve, US Postal Service (lol). Also tell them hordes of foreigner invaders are at the borders ready to spread disease, rape their women, and steal their jobs. Only he can protect you! Then use all your powers to threaten or destroy your rivals (Ukraine, schools reopening, little green men making illegal arrests, etc.). Discredit and disrupt elections.

There you have it! You’re a fascist now! Congrats!

“As far back as 1796, George Washington explained his decision not to seek a third term noting, among other reasons, he was ‘disinclined to be longer buffeted in the public prints by a set of infamous scribblers.’”

you’re correct, however, the government doesn’t get to tell people what the right or wrong way to worship is, pandemic or no pandemic

snatching people up off the streets who take part in these protests/riots may very well save lives too, so is that okay?
1. The government gets to tell people how they can and can’t gather in an emergency situation, thank goodness, and this is clearly an emergency situation. 2. Yes it might save some lives to prevent the protests but the reasons for the protests are so egregious and have gone on for so long I doubt the protests could be prevented and they shouldn’t be. If you’re desperate to worship in a group, Zoom. If you’re desperate to send your money to a preacher, nothing’s stopping you! And don’t confuse protesting with rioting. Almost all the protesting is on one side, the small number of rioters are on both sides. Follow the money.

Have you ever thought about what restricting traffic into and out of New York would mean? Think about it!

I believe you just defined Biden.
not quite. He forgot "plagiarist".
Link what? His racist comments? His corrupt dealing with Ukraine? Or his idiotic ramblings that make zero sense?
forgetting the reason he was forced to bail in '88...plagiarism. And claiming he finished much higher in his graduating class than he did. And it seems like the press and social media have completely non-personned Tara Reade. So much for #metoo.

Both sides are corrupt to the core. Lindsey Graham is a shape shifting jellyfish. Nadler is a hackish troll. Schif is a sociopathic liar. Romney is a bitter loser. McConnell is an old swamp creature. AOC is a stupid dreamy kid. Maxine, Clyborn, Sheila, Bass....let's just say, they don't have my best interests in mind. Others on the right are controlled by the NRA. Others on the left, controlled by planned parenthood. Some are puppets of the Koch brothers. Others are wind up dolls for the great and powerful Oz...er, I mean...Soros.

The white house, as much as we can argue about Trump, Obama, Bush, Clinton....the real problem is Congress. It's a big steaming pile and both sides are equally guilty.

And to top it off, I lost the dead pool at work with Gislaine....I was sure the Clintonistas would have Vince Foster'd her by now.

Last edited:
1. The government gets to tell people how they can and can’t gather in an emergency situation, thank goodness, and this is clearly an emergency situation. 2. Yes it might save some lives to prevent the protests but the reasons for the protests are so egregious and have gone on for so long I doubt the protests could be prevented and they shouldn’t be. If you’re desperate to worship in a group, Zoom. If you’re desperate to send your money to a preacher, nothing’s stopping you! And don’t confuse protesting with rioting. Almost all the protesting is on one side, the small number of rioters are on both sides. Follow the money.

I don’t see this as clearly an emergency situation as earlier pandemics certainly weren’t and I don’t see the reasons to protest as all that egregious. See how this works? My opinion of the egregiousness of the cause for protest doesn’t get to stop their constitutional right and your opinion of the emergency doesn’t stop my constitutional right, get it?

Blah blah blah — everyone blames the press sometimes but fascists build careers out of demonizing it. Convince the people the press is out to get them. Then convince them their institutions are out to get them - FBI, EPA, Supreme Court, Federal Reserve, US Postal Service (lol). Also tell them hordes of foreigner invaders are at the borders ready to spread disease, rape their women, and steal their jobs. Only he can protect you! Then use all your powers to threaten or destroy your rivals (Ukraine, schools reopening, little green men making illegal arrests, etc.). Discredit and disrupt elections.

“As far back as 1796, George Washington explained his decision not to seek a third term noting, among other reasons, he was ‘disinclined to be longer buffeted in the public prints by a set of infamous scribblers.’”

:rolleyes: You drink the left wing media kool-aid too? Typical liberal stuff to call anyone who disagrees a fascist. Are you going to call me a bigot or racist next? It's like clockwork.

A treatment and vaccine could happen in the next several months. I could see B1G Basketball delayed to January 2021, and playing a full B1G schedule without fans in the stands.[/QUOT

TDS has you bent out of shape. You are losing it.

"The small number of rioters are on both sides"? That's a flat-out lie x 2. #1, it's not a small number; #2, they're not on both sides. Stop with the bs.

Really interesting... I'm finding that around half of the people who I appreciate for their IU basketball acumen, are people I completely disagree with politically, and the half of the people I think are off-base with respect to their basketball beliefs are people I completely agree with politically. In a way, it's nice to see that basketball beliefs and political beliefs aren't in lock-step with each other!

Reactions: hondo314
"The small number of rioters are on both sides"? That's a flat-out lie x 2. #1, it's not a small number; #2, they're not on both sides. Stop with the bs.

ya, it’s Watts all over again. Lol. Way more peaceful protests going on but your fox newz reporters got lost on the way there.

Really interesting... I'm finding that around half of the people who I appreciate for their IU basketball acumen, are people I completely disagree with politically, and the half of the people I think are off-base with respect to their basketball beliefs are people I completely agree with politically. In a way, it's nice to see that basketball beliefs and political beliefs aren't in lock-step with each other!

You are totally right

:rolleyes: You drink the left wing media kool-aid too? Typical liberal stuff to call anyone who disagrees a fascist. Are you going to call me a bigot or racist next? It's like clockwork.

That’s pretty dumb because I’ve never called any American other than Trump a fascist. Never had the need.

I’m still convinced this is like recruiting but you guys picked your school before you knew who the coach was going to be. Such is the need to identify with sides . Again, you’re so afraid of whatever bullshit other (gays, immigrants, minorities, city folk, postal workers, whatever) you think is going to ruin America that you saddled up with an autocrat.

weird life choice, man. But the nightmare ends in Nov. but I’m guessing SCOTUS will end up bouncing him by Feb. ye haw.

Farewell, Trump demographic!

ya, it’s Watts all over again. Lol. Way more peaceful protests going on but your fox newz reporters got lost on the way there.

You're moving the goalposts. Try to be honest in your statements.

I never said there weren't more peaceful protesters than rioters. What you said was that there were a small # of rioters. If that's the case, they're the most efficient rioters ever, because they've killed a few, wounded a large #, and caused a hell of a lot of property damage. And alleging that the rioters are "on both sides"? Even an arrogant and smug leftist like you can do better than that.

You're moving the goalposts. Try to be honest in your statements.

I never said there weren't more peaceful protesters than rioters. What you said was that there were a small # of rioters. If that's the case, they're the most efficient rioters ever, because they've killed a few, wounded a large #, and caused a hell of a lot of property damage. And alleging that the rioters are "on both sides"? Even an arrogant and smug leftist like you can do better than that.

you must be responding to the wrong post because i never said that stuff.

Not a fan of wanton destruction, especially during a pandemic, but I’m for some window rattling if it moves the needle. it’s way past time to complete the mission of the civil rights movement. America is stronger when more of our citizens are plugged into our economy and protected by our institutions.

Peaceful is being out weighed by the violence, looting and the stupidity. What is the real end game here? Defund police? Ya that makes sense! Smh

Reactions: indy1203 and ufo33
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT