ADVERTISEMENT

If FB is cancelled, little hope for BB

160,000 deaths based on what? How many deaths were actually of Covid and not old age or other complications?

How many deaths were of people under 70 years old that didn't have other complications already. For instance, my age group has over a 99% survival rate, is it worth it to close the country down at the expense of the economy and people going hungry? How many people have died from that?(Not to mention the skyrocketing suicide rates) That's an aspect you never see the media talk about because it doesn't fit their agenda.

All in all people will believe what they want to believe, nobody is changing their mind. For you it might be worth it to completely the economy down at the expense of many jobs, livelihoods, and even lives. For me I think the older people (or people with other health complications) should stay home and let the rest of the country go on normally.

hmm — I have no clue what you rambling about here but I do know the public health sector has a whole system of licensure in place to keep folks like you from making public health decisions. You’re welcome! Lol

Really on point to compare NY trying to prepare for a surge to fox newz prez refusing to wear a mask until two weeks ago, offering disinfectants as a cure, and continuing to tell us this...will...just...go...away. SAME THING. Lol

Cuomo was worse, his mistakes were actual policy

You’re just mad at trumps lack of virtue signaling and riffing which led to a about 4 people dying from the laws of Darwin, you’re an idiot

Reactions: jimmygoiu

You’re just mad at trumps lack of virtue signaling and riffing which led to a about 4 people dying from the laws of Darwin, you’re an idiot

If trump said we were going to have an actual purge, like the movie, 75% of people that vote for him would participate.

No actual argument so just a bunch of name calling and no nothing bs.

Keep falling in line and keep the economy in the tank, it's exactly what the mob wants.
My comment didn’t “name call”. You think 160,000 more deaths on average(Growing every day) is being pushed by a mob? I guess if you want to push your agenda....

maybe, maybe not

closest thing resembling the purge movie happening right now is perpetrated and supported by leftists so what’s your point?

i don’t like extreme leftist. I just think most trump supporters have no brain. I would vote for any republican candidate over Biden, except for a reality tv star that somehow declared himself republican, that has no idea how to run a country.

Reactions: IUINSB and kkott
Not to the mention the chronic long lasting illness many that have 'recovered' are suffering. My neighbor currently has trouble walking around his yard without losing his breath and it's been 3 months.
Was he the neighbor you used to see jogging the streets every morning while you drank your coffee or was he the old fart you never saw except when he shuffled to the mailbox and reportedly drank heavily while smoking?

As opposed to a President who has no policy for the biggest national and international health crisis in recent years/decades? I'm not sure what policies of Cuomo you are referring to, but after their initial eruption in NY, it's hard to fault what he's done, in taking what was once the hot zone for the whole country down to the levels they are at now. A bunch of mistakes were made early at many levels, but since April, NY has been the national leader in dealing with CV... and we still have no national policy. We're Italy just with more money and resources, and they've done a far better job since their initial spread.

Was he the neighbor you used to see jogging the streets every morning while you drank your coffee or was he the old fart you never saw except when he shuffled to the mailbox and reportedly drank heavily while smoking?
If a 35 and a 49 year old non smokers fit that description then yes.

again, at least he had a policy. How did ignore, blame, ignore, blame work out? I know, he was busy deploying little green men in mini-vans to detain people illegally. The very thing you and your militia said you needed military-grade guns to protect us from. Where were you?

Maybe seeing a new doc under Veterans Choice? Lol

Reactions: travlinhoosier

hey, everyone, it’s the Grand Wizard! Maybe his neighbor was happy to have covid like you think slaves were happy to be enslaved? Makes ya wonder....

again, at least he had a policy. How did ignore, blame, ignore, blame work out? I know, he was busy deploying little green men in mini-vans to detain people illegally. The very thing you and your militia said you needed guns to protect us from. Where were you?

Maybe seeing a new doc under Veterans Choice? Lol

so you support some constitutional violations but don’t support others?

Snatching people up? Bad! Close down churches and the right to assemble? Good!

so you support some constitutional violations but don’t support others?

Ya, it’s confusing — fox newz prez declared a state of emergency because of Covid, used those powers to do almost nothing related to Covid. and then celebrated the arrest of peaceful protestors.
Let’s see how judges leaning both ways view this. Limiting assembly because of a public health emergency vs unidentified police (of some sort) arresting people without cause.
Anyway, see ya in November! Haha

Ya, it’s confusing — fox newz prez declared a state of emergency because of Covid, used those powers to do almost nothing related to Covid. and then celebrated the arrest of peaceful protestors.
Let’s see how judges leaning both ways view this. Limiting assembly because of a public health emergency vs unidentified police (of some sort) arresting people without cause.
Anyway, see ya in November! Haha

equal violations of constitutional rights

a pandemic nor violent protests supersede

what's hard to believe is that I just read through 2 pages of COVID posts...waded through the inevitable pro/anti Trump/BIden/FoxNews/CNN crap...and not one single mention of China.

I guess when every major nation in the world is in debt to the tune of trillions to you...you get to wash the blood off your hands quickly.

Don't forget who got us into this mess. It wasn't Trump. Or Biden. Or either party. Or any major media news outlet.

China hid the truth from the world for months, with the direct assistance of the corrupt WHO. China hoarded PPE in Feb/Mar to profit from our dire need. They halted domestic air travel when this bug got out but continued to launch this virus throughout the world via international flights leaving the mainland. Spin it however you want....any other nation would be getting called to the Hague and accused of war crimes for this.

This did not come from a bowl of bat soup at a local Wuhan market. It came from the Level 4 Viral superlab just down the road. Yet many in the news still try to spin the wet market story. Those who still choose to believe it are sheeple.

Why is China being given a free pass? Because they have all the power, in the form of international debt and manufacturing capabilities.

The world sold their soul to the CCP 25 yrs ago. We are now paying the price.

The death rate was never going to be the issue. Clogging up hospitals w covid folks and people having to die at home of silly shit like appendicitis was and is the big worry. Then imagine that happening for a year or more.

god darn libs.
what's hard to believe is that I just read through 2 pages of COVID posts...waded through the inevitable pro/anti Trump/BIden/FoxNews/CNN crap...and not one single mention of China.

I guess when every major nation in the world is in debt to the tune of trillions to you...you get to wash the blood off your hands quickly.

Don't forget who got us into this mess. It wasn't Trump. Or Biden. Or either party. Or any major media news outlet.

China hid the truth from the world for months, with the direct assistance of the corrupt WHO. China hoarded PPE in Feb/Mar to profit from our dire need. They halted domestic air travel when this bug got out but continued to launch this virus throughout the world via international flights leaving the mainland. Spin it however you want....any other nation would be getting called to the Hague and accused of war crimes for this.

This did not come from a bowl of bat soup at a local Wuhan market. It came from the Level 4 Viral superlab just down the road. Yet many in the news still try to spin the wet market story. Those who still choose to believe it are sheeple.

Why is China being given a free pass? Because they have all the power, in the form of international debt and manufacturing capabilities.

The world sold their soul to the CCP 25 yrs ago. We are now paying the price.
Ahhh...good to hear from the Q-Anon conspiracy side of bigotry. The China virus was started in a lab. Love it! So simple.

Just think for a minute. Once it got out, regardless of the cause (China unleashing a virus on China's own people...good idea?} don't you think that national leadership in the USA could have done something about getting prepared and learning from it? No, didn't think so. The Trump-19 virus is killing people and latest data shows it exploding among young school-age kids. Popcorn, check. Oh yes, forgot that healthcare professionals are getting overwhelmed in red states too. Might be time to do something nationally...like divert attention to...uh...Biden's son in Ukraine or HRC's emails. Or blame Obama again for...uh...Russiagate.

Ahhh...good to hear from the Q-Anon conspiracy side of bigotry. The China virus was started in a lab. Love it! So simple.

Just think for a minute. Once it got out, regardless of the cause (China unleashing a virus on China's own people...good idea?} don't you think that national leadership in the USA could have done something about getting prepared and learning from it? No, didn't think so. The Trump-19 virus is killing people and latest data shows it exploding among young school-age kids. Popcorn, check. Oh yes, forgot that healthcare professionals are getting overwhelmed in red states too. Might be time to do something nationally...like divert attention to...uh...Biden's son in Ukraine or HRC's emails. Or blame Obama again for...uh...Russiagate.
actually history shows Trump closing boarders, stopping Int'l inbound flights...all the while, the speaker of house and presumed Dem Pres candidate called him racist for doing so. That's not conspiracy. That is documented. Pelosi inviting us to come eat dinner in Chinatown. Congress was too busy with their impeachment circus they promised the people who still couldn't accept the results of 2016.

China didn't unleash it on its own people. The virus got out the locked down their people at gunpoint, but kept it quiet from the rest of the world, downplayed the seriousness and had the WHO cover for them. China unleashed it on all of us. Why is that so hard to accept?

Btw...how did Hunter just pay his $450,000 in back taxes, when he told the paternity court a few months ago he was unemployed and broke?

We can talk about Flynn, the Steele file and the Jan 5 WH meeting in another string. Or the social media thought police going all in for the left.

But if you still believe the bat soup story and not the superlab...then there's nothing left for you and I to talk about.

Last edited:
Not to the mention the chronic long lasting illness many that have 'recovered' are suffering. My neighbor currently has trouble walking around his yard without losing his breath and it's been 3 months.

At least we get NBA, NHL and baseball (for awhile at least they're a bit shaky), plus we also have sports from countries with competent leadership and a non dumbass public.
Right, let's live in a bubble.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
As opposed to a President who has no policy for the biggest national and international health crisis in recent years/decades? I'm not sure what policies of Cuomo you are referring to, but after their initial eruption in NY, it's hard to fault what he's done, in taking what was once the hot zone for the whole country down to the levels they are at now. A bunch of mistakes were made early at many levels, but since April, NY has been the national leader in dealing with CV... and we still have no national policy. We're Italy just with more money and resources, and they've done a far better job since their initial spread.
And I am sure you and your liberal friends would have been all over it in the early going. If you keep the economy shutdown what do you think is going to happen? How many businesses lost? Great Monday morning quarterbacking.

Don't let the facts get in your way

And I am sure you and your liberal friends would have been all over it in the early going. If you keep the economy shutdown what do you think is going to happen? How many businesses lost? Great Monday morning quarterbacking.

Not a liberal, douche, but I can open my eyes and ears and see that we have a "President" who has no clue. What I said EARLY on, like Feb-March, was shut the country down almost entirely, except for real critical personnel (ie, police, fire, medical, air traffic...) to knock the #s back down as close to 0 as possible, hit the reset button and give our "leaders" time to formulate a plan. Now here we sit 5 months later with no f'ing plan still. Schools and colleges have kids returning and they are each guessing at what to do and how to handle it, and their responses and plans are largely shaped by whether they have Dem or Republican Governors... absolutely 0 national policy, which could have and should have been largely crafted in those 3 weeks of national shut down and then tweaked as we go. And I'm a business owner hanging on and having to deal with the drawn out malaise caused by no national plan. I had a better plan in March as a layman, than our President has put forth in 6 months. Suck it.

actually history shows Trump closing boarders, stopping Int'l inbound flights...all the while, the speaker of house and presumed Dem Pres candidate called him racist for doing so. That's not conspiracy. That is documented. Pelosi inviting us to come eat dinner in Chinatown. Congress was too busy with their impeachment circus they promised the people who still couldn't accept the results of 2016.

China didn't unleash it on its own people. The virus got out the locked down their people at gunpoint, but kept it quiet from the rest of the world, downplayed the seriousness and had the WHO cover for them. China unleashed it on all of us. Why is that so hard to accept?

Btw...how did Hunter just pay his $450,000 in back taxes, when he told the paternity court a few months ago he was unemployed and broke?

We can talk about Flynn, the Steele file and the Jan 5 WH meeting in another string. Or the social media thought police going all in for the left.

But if you still believe the bat soup story and not the superlab...then there's nothing left for you and I to talk about.
No matter how detailed your fantasy world-building gets, and no matter how much you want to believe it, it will never be reality. It would be bad enough if only you virus-deniers pay the price of your magical thinking, but unfortunately, in the real world, some of your family and friends will also pay in sickness and death. But I'm sure when that happens you will find a way to absolve yourself and blame anyone else.

No matter how detailed your fantasy world-building gets, and no matter how much you want to believe it, it will never be reality. It would be bad enough if only you virus-deniers pay the price of your magical thinking, but unfortunately, in the real world, some of your family and friends will also pay in sickness and death. But I'm sure when that happens you will find a way to absolve yourself and blame anyone else.
when did I EVER SAY that I am a 'virus denier'? I had this fu$ken thing myself back in late January, asshole. Came back from Spain on a biz trip and was on my back for almost 2 weeks. So just shut your trap, you're an ignorant fool.

My gripe is with everyone on the planet letting China off the hook and blaming this on their political opponent.

Sorry mods, zap me if you want. This site brings nothing good to my life anyways...but when someone calls me- a COVID survivor, and a cancer survivor of 7 yrs ago- a "virus denier'...I cannot be quiet and will not hold back.

Go ahead and say it....Orange mad BAD! There...feel better now??

Last edited:
If it will save lives and health, damn right it’s good! The idea you need churches for religion is a big part of the business plan for clergy. We do not need to buy into it!

If it will save lives and health, damn right it’s good! The idea you need churches for religion is a big part of the business plan for clergy. We do not need to buy into it!

you’re correct, however, the government doesn’t get to tell people what the right or wrong way to worship is, pandemic or no pandemic

snatching people up off the streets who take part in these protests/riots may very well save lives too, so is that okay?

I’m good with the conspiracy theorists saying COVID-19 was “created in a lab” and “unleashed” on the US. I’ll go with it. That means Trump has allowed the largest biological terror attack against the US. Another republican in the White House, another large scale terror attack on US soil.

• Trump said the travel restrictions “saved a lot of lives” and reduced U.S. COVID-19 cases to “a very small number.” But experts say there isn’t enough data to make that determination. A study in the journal Science found the various travel limitations across the globe initially helped to slow the spread, but the number of cases worldwide rose anyway because the virus had already begun traveling undetected internationally.
Azar declared a public health emergency for the novel coronavirus on Jan. 31, and announced the travel restrictions to and from China, effective Feb. 2. On Feb. 29, Trump expanded those travel restrictions to Iran. Trump has repeatedly boasted that his decision to impose the travel restrictions was bold and worked. But his rhetoric has sometimes stretched the facts.

For starters, health experts say Trump was wrong to refer to the travel restrictions as a “travel ban,” as he did in a telephone interview on March 4 with Fox News’ Sean Hannity. During a town hall on March 5, Trump said he “closed down the borders to China and to other areas that are very badly affected.” That’s not accurate.

As Azar explained when he announced the travel restrictions on Jan. 31, the policy prohibits non-U.S. citizens, other than the immediate family of U.S. citizens and permanent residents, who have traveled to China within the last two weeks from entering the U.S.

At a House subcommittee hearing on the coronavirus on Feb. 5, Ron Klain, White House Ebola response coordinator under the Obama administration, took issue with the characterization of the travel restrictions as a travel “ban.”

“We don’t have a travel ban,” Klain said. “We have a travel Band-Aid right now. First, before it was imposed, 300,000 people came here from China in the previous month. So, the horse is out of the barn.”

“There’s no restriction on Americans going back and forth,” Klain said. “There are warnings. People should abide by those warnings. But today, 30 planes will land in Los Angeles that either originated in Beijing or came here on one-stops, 30 in San Francisco, 25 in New York City. Okay? So, unless we think that the color of the passport someone carries is a meaningful public health restriction, we have not placed a meaningful public health restriction.”

Indeed, on Jan. 24, a week before the travel restrictions, the CDC confirmed two cases of the novel coronavirus in the U.S. from people who had returned from Wuhan, China, where the outbreak began. Testing would have helped immensely. Still would.

160,000 deaths based on what? How many deaths were actually of Covid and not old age or other complications?

How many deaths were of people under 70 years old that didn't have other complications already. For instance, my age group has over a 99% survival rate, is it worth it to close the country down at the expense of the economy and people going hungry? How many people have died from that?(Not to mention the skyrocketing suicide rates) That's an aspect you never see the media talk about because it doesn't fit their agenda.

All in all people will believe what they want to believe, nobody is changing their mind. For you it might be worth it to completely the economy down at the expense of many jobs, livelihoods, and even lives. For me I think the older people (or people with other health complications) should stay home and let the rest of the country go on normally.

It's so helpful that you're here to lend your public health and economics expertise. Absolutely looking forward to reading your peer-reviewed publications in public health, epidemiology, and economics. Be sure to post your CV so we can read your work!

It's so helpful that you're here to lend your public health and economics expertise. Absolutely looking forward to reading your peer-reviewed publications in public health, epidemiology, and economics. Be sure to post your CV so we can read your work!
You asked for it:

Infectious disease expert Michael Osterholm on Monday contradicted President Donald Trump’s fanciful claim that the U.S. will soon be in “very good shape” with the coronavirus pandemic, instead predicting “an explosion” in new cases starting next month.

Osterholm, director of the Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy at the University of Minnesota, told CNN’s Don Lemon that the U.S. is “just really beginning to get to the really large part of the problem” with an average of 45,000 to 50,000 new confirmed cases of the virus per day.

“When school starts both at the high school level and in college and universities, we think we’re going to see an explosion of cases in September that will far surpass what we saw after Memorial Day,” Osterholm said. “And that this is just going to continue increasing, getting higher and higher, in terms of numbers.”

Osterholm elaborated in an op-ed he wrote with Neel Kashkari, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, that was published in The New York Times on Friday. The column argued the U.S. needs another lockdown to slow the spread of the virus.

“We believe the choice is clear,” Osterholm and Kashkari wrote. “We can continue to allow the coronavirus to spread rapidly throughout the country or we can commit to a more restrictive lockdown, state by state, for up to six weeks to crush the spread of the virus to less than one new case per 100,000 people per day.”

“That’s the point at which we will be able to limit the increase in new cases through aggressive public health measures, just as other countries have done. But we’re a long way from there right now,” Osterholm and Kashkari acknowledged. “The imperative for this is clear because as a nation what we have done so far hasn’t worked.” MJ 8/11/20

Articles in Johns Hopkins Coronavirus site agree, we need to "reset" the Covid-19 pandemic in the USA.

People see numbers like 99% and think to themselves, "that's practically 100%!" What you, and others like you, don't take into account is the scale at which these percentages are being applied.

For the sake of argument, let's say your age group is 10% of the US population. The US population is approximately 330 million so 10% of that is 33 millions. The number of people from your age group you're willing to sacrifice so you can pretend everything is normal is 1% of that 33 million, which is 330k. 330k dead, just from your age group if it is only 10% of the US population. That's not counting those who have permanent damage. That's not counting the affect that has on other deaths by clogging up the hospitals.

Your post just comes off as incredibly selfish and suggests you have a very egocentric view of the world.

ADVERTISEMENT