ADVERTISEMENT

If FB is cancelled, little hope for BB

I think football (and the over 100 staff and players on each team a lot of whom are both tall and obese) have different things to worry about. That said, I'll agree social distancing would be impossible in most sports. I highly doubt anyone is going to wear a face mask while playing. I don't know if I think there is much of a chance for basketball (largely because Americans just can't seem to follow simple advisements to limit transmission cause....freedom?) without a vaccine that is available and effective. Let's not forget these are human beings we are talking about, and athlete is supposed to be the 2nd part of the student-athlete equation. I understand the disappointment. On the bright side, if the season happens, a true round robin B10 champ was something I never thought I would see again...

Sounds like ACC, Big 12 and ACC are going to push to play. Be interesting if BIG lets some teams going those conferences.

No BIG football a done deal. No BIG basketball unless a vaccine or treatment comes before Halloween

No bball guys.... Just my opinion.... We have vaccines for flu, but it doesn't go away.... Neither will this.... The government is determined to keep us in masks and locked up until they win the election..... Political garbage.... I mean, there's only a 99% we will live it we get the virus..... This is crap.....

I've had two family members test positive and they were sick for like a week and they're completely fine now......

No bball guys.... Just my opinion.... We have vaccines for flu, but it doesn't go away.... Neither will this.... The government is determined to keep us in masks and locked up until they win the election..... Political garbage.... I mean, there's only a 99% we will live it we get the virus..... This is crap.....

The death rate was never going to be the issue. Clogging up hospitals w covid folks and people having to die at home of silly shit like appendicitis was and is the big worry. Then imagine that happening for a year or more.

god darn libs.

The death rate was never going to be the issue. Clogging up hospitals w covid folks and people having to die at home of silly shit like appendicitis was and is the big worry. Then imagine that happening for a year or more.

god darn libs.

Not to the mention the chronic long lasting illness many that have 'recovered' are suffering. My neighbor currently has trouble walking around his yard without losing his breath and it's been 3 months.

At least we get NBA, NHL and baseball (for awhile at least they're a bit shaky), plus we also have sports from countries with competent leadership and a non dumbass public.

Not to the mention the chronic long lasting illness many that have 'recovered' are suffering. My neighbor currently has trouble walking around his yard without losing his breath and it's been 3 months.

At least we get NBA, NHL and baseball (for awhile at least they're a bit shaky), plus we also have sports from countries with competent leadership and a non dumbass public.

you’re part of the public so how could we be non dumbass? You’re as big of a dumbass as exists on here

I wouldn’t say it’s leadership issue. It is our media pushing a narrative.

Yikes...

Again, I always love these posts so I can add more to the ignore list.

Yep, the government, ran by the R president, is locking us up and millions of people have lost their jobs so that the Ds can win the presidency and they've convinced the entire globe (other than Antartica - those guys are having none of it!) to go along with it. Makes total sense. I mean, he's got two family members! And they're totally fine!

STFU

I know a couple of people pretty young that are very ill. Weeks/months after. Doctors told one that the scarring in the lungs will never go away ....but yeah sure...it’s just the ~flu~. I myself thinks this absolutely sucks but it probably should be done.

I wouldn’t say it’s leadership issue. It is our media pushing a narrative.
lmao ..

New Zealand, South Korea, Germany, Japan, Singapore, Australia, Denmark, and so many other countries, too many to list .. say you are full of sh*t. Every country with a concise national plan has slowed this thing down. But not us, nope .. "it's a media hoax, derp".

So you think the NCAA and B1G conference will willingly lose billions because of 'media'.

JFC....

Just f**king ridiculous how stupid our public is...

Last edited:
I know a couple of people pretty young that are very ill. Weeks/months after. Doctors told one that the scarring in the lungs will never go away ....but yeah sure...it’s just the ~flu~. I myself thinks this absolutely sucks but it probably should be done.
I have a good friend that caught Covid-19 and died from complications. Have you ever seen anyone on a ventilator? It is a rude, hurtful apparatus...but it saves lives. Others have caught it and had little or no symptoms. Go figure.

How come USA with 4% of the world population has 25% of the Covid-19 cases and 22% of the world deaths attributed to the same? Science deniers.

It really is easy to say conspiracy rather than the really smart thing: those in health care and infectious diseases. It is not a political issue. Yes it has been politicized. Do not get sucked into the trap of hype and bombast from political people.

Science, at the early part of the learning curve, isn't precise. Mistakes were made. Lots of opinions were wrong. No one really knew what this new coronavirus would do.

Check the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus site. We have learned a lot since then.

It will be tough to get the virus situation reset in the USA. But unless the leadership nationally does that, we will see 157,000 deaths become 300,000 deaths right after this election. Then 3 months later will we see 600,000? 3 months beyond that 1.2 million?

Last edited:
I wouldn’t say it’s leadership issue.

haha

I’m currently at a summer house In upstate NY, a state that got it right. Registered online before we came, wife and I both got calls from a public health rep giving us the low down, and they check in via text each day. Their contact tracers are ready to go. Just as many freedom lovers here as anywhere but their state leadership got it right despite fox newz and our hate-zombie prez. This place is semi functioning.

Cannot believe anyone is solely blaming media and not federal leadership on this. Cannot believe the level of willful ignorance on this. You guys are that uncomfortable with LGBTQ folks (or whatever) that you gotta shovel this much shit for this prez? Yikes

Last edited:
I have a good friend that caught Covid-19 and died from complications. Have you ever seen anyone on a ventilator? It is a rude, hurtful apparatus...but it saves lives. Others have caught it and had little or no symptoms. Go figure.

How come USA with 4% of the world population has 25% of the Covid-19 cases and 22% of the world deaths attributed to the same? Science deniers.

It really is easy to say conspiracy rather than the really smart thing: those in health care and infectious diseases. It is not a political issue. Yes it has been politicized. Do not get sucked into the trap of hype and bombast from political people.

Science, at the early part of the learning curve, isn't precise. Mistakes were made. Lots of opinions were wrong. No one really knew what this new coronavirus would do.

Check the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus site. We have learned a lot since then.

It will be tough to get the virus situation reset in the USA. But unless the leadership nationally does that, we will see 157,000 deaths become 300,000 deaths right after this election. Then 3 months later will we see 600,000? 3 months beyond that 1.2 million?

If we want nice things, like jobs, and sports, first we have to get this thing under control. It would help a lot if half the public and the President would quit getting in the way and making things worse. ..

If we want nice things, like jobs, and sports, first we have to get this thing under control. It would help a lot if half the public and the President would quit getting in the way and making things worse. ..
People have no clue how bad a new virus like this is. Our population hasn’t seen one like this...ever. Some idiot I work with keeps spouting about,” it’s against my rights!!!!“. I told him if he gets it and gives it to my family(my wife has cancer) I’m chocking you the frick to death. It’s my right!

Yep, the government, ran by the R president, is locking us up and millions of people have lost their jobs so that the Ds can win the presidency and they've convinced the entire globe (other than Antartica)
Right, good to see people finally coming around.

haha

I’m currently at a summer house In upstate NY, a state that got it right. Registered online before we came, wife and I both got calls from a public health rep giving us the low down, and they check in via text each day. Their contact tracers are ready to go. Just as many freedom lovers here as anywhere but their state leadership got it right despite fox newz and our hate-zombie prez. This place is semi functioning.

Cannot believe anyone is solely blaming media and not federal leadership on this. Cannot believe the level of willful ignorance on this. You guys are that uncomfortable with LGBTQ folks (or whatever) that you gotta shovel this much shit for this prez? Yikes

tell the thousands and thousands of dead nursing home residents in ny just how right the state got it

so you blame national leadership for failures but give props to local leadership for successes

soooo you’re just a hypocrite, aka a shitty human

This whole thing will be over after the election, just need to hold off until then.
So, no more new cases or deaths after November 4? That will be great. Will the people with active cases be cured? Too bad about the 160,000 and counting that have died from it, though. If only they could have held out. But still, it's definitely something to look forward to for the rest of us.

But, since this is the date of the American election, does it apply to other countries, also? Definitely looking forward to it, but still confused about how it's going to work.

So, no more new cases or deaths after November 4? That will be great. Will the people with active cases be cured? Too bad about the 160,000 and counting that have died from it, though. If only they could have held out. But still, it's definitely something to look forward to for the rest of us.

But, since this is the date of the American election, does it apply to other countries, also? Definitely looking forward to it, but still confused about how it's going to work.
160,000 deaths based on what? How many deaths were actually of Covid and not old age or other complications?

How many deaths were of people under 70 years old that didn't have other complications already. For instance, my age group has over a 99% survival rate, is it worth it to close the country down at the expense of the economy and people going hungry? How many people have died from that?(Not to mention the skyrocketing suicide rates) That's an aspect you never see the media talk about because it doesn't fit their agenda.

All in all people will believe what they want to believe, nobody is changing their mind. For you it might be worth it to completely the economy down at the expense of many jobs, livelihoods, and even lives. For me I think the older people (or people with other health complications) should stay home and let the rest of the country go on normally.

Reactions: GUS96Grad
160,000 deaths based on what? How many deaths were actually of Covid and not old age or other complications?

Mortality in US: 180,000 more deaths this year compared to last at the same time.

Sure Jan, there's that many extra deaths not due to covid. Maybe it's everyone's constitutional rights suffocating from wearing a mask?

And again, you ignore the chronic illnesses associated with the virus after recovery which affects people of every age, plus the fact that some are down with the sickness for 10 weeks or more, and only fixate on the old people who may die.

Only the dumb countries with idiot non existent leadership are having a problem with this. It's not that deep: listen to the f*cking doctors and quit getting your information from memes and 'entertainment' news.

How many deaths were of people under 70 years old that didn't have other complications already. For instance, my age group has over a 99% survival rate, is it worth it to close the country down at the expense of the economy and people going hungry? How many people have died from that?(Not to mention the skyrocketing suicide rates) That's an aspect you never see the media talk about because it doesn't fit their agenda.

All in all people will believe what they want to believe, nobody is changing their mind. For you it might be worth it to completely the economy down at the expense of many jobs, livelihoods, and even lives. For me I think the older people (or people with other health complications) should stay home and let the rest of the country go on normally.

You really are an idiot.

I think anyone who looks like Steve Erkle should stay at home.

you obviously have a totally self centered view of "we".

Reactions: Victorbmyboy

People over 70 staying home and everyone else getting on with their normal lives. That's a nice fantasy, but unfortunately, that's all it is. In the meantime, the rest of us have decided we have to deal with the reality that exists on this planet.

Reactions: muubell
You really are an idiot.
It’s always best to let people think you’re stupid. No need to confirm it for everyone to see.
Sums up the “I know better” attitude. You really are piece of work. Try thinking of others that you so blindly walk on for “your rights”.
No actual argument so just a bunch of name calling and no nothing bs.

Keep falling in line and keep the economy in the tank, it's exactly what the mob wants.

tell the thousands and thousands of dead nursing home residents in ny just how right the state got it

so you blame national leadership for failures but give props to local leadership for successes

soooo you’re just a hypocrite, aka a shitty human

Really on point to compare NY trying to prepare for a surge to fox newz prez refusing to wear a mask until two weeks ago, offering disinfectants as a cure, and continuing to tell us this...will...just...go...away. SAME THING. Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Hoosierific
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT