ADVERTISEMENT

If anyone cares, any guesses on where

GeorgeStrait IU

All-American
Apr 10, 2005
Tom Crean will try and land for his final job? I'd imagine power conference jobs are out of the window, any good mid major area he could land where he would get paid what he *thinks* he is worth?

• Haha
Reactions: Lucy01
Tom Crean will try and land for his final job? I'd imagine power conference jobs are out of the window, any good mid major area he could land where he would get paid what he *thinks* he is worth?
I don't care, but he definitely wants to coach again. Maybe he'll come see me in Charlotte.

I have a lot more appreciation for Tom Crean than I did Coach Crean. He was a good person and a little unhinged in a positive way. I feel like he was a (B-) x's and o's guy and struggled with consistency against top teir coaching. He did however always want the best for Hoosier Nation and tried to always bring in players with character. I'm not for sure what would be the best fit for him. I thought a successful stint for 4 years as an NBA assistant mightve been the best way for him to get back on the horse. Pepperdine was open. Something like that could've worked out.

Without resources though and losing guys to the portal and his tendency to piss the wrong people off, it's going to be tough. He could humble himself and go back to Izzo and wait for his retirement.

I have a lot more appreciation for Tom Crean than I did Coach Crean. He was a good person and a little unhinged in a positive way. I feel like he was a (B-) x's and o's guy and struggled with consistency against top teir coaching. He did however always want the best for Hoosier Nation and tried to always bring in players with character. I'm not for sure what would be the best fit for him. I thought a successful stint for 4 years as an NBA assistant mightve been the best way for him to get back on the horse. Pepperdine was open. Something like that could've worked out.

Without resources though and losing guys to the portal and his tendency to piss the wrong people off, it's going to be tough. He could humble himself and go back to Izzo and wait for his retirement.
B- x and o guy? How drunk are you this weekend??? The guy loves IU but so do I. He was an atrocious coach that took a decade away from IU relevance.

He was a D- as far as X’s and O’s.

He was a D- as far as X’s and O’s.
Are we forgetting the value of deflections, playing faster, ill-timed substitution patterns and 4 hr evening practices the night before an early afternoon game??

Someone pls whisper into CTC’s ear that Cuse occasionally plays a zone D and he might want to prep for it.

The guy made a fortune being a good salesman while also being a mediocre coach. IMHO

Are we forgetting the value of deflections, playing faster, ill-timed substitution patterns and 4 hr evening practices the night before an early afternoon game??

Someone pls whisper into CTC’s ear that Cuse occasionally plays a zone D and he might want to prep for it.

The guy made a fortune being a good salesman while also being a mediocre coach. IMHO
His offense vs a 2-3 zone is being studied by all these days 😂

I’d give Tom some credit for leaving Marquette to jump into our dumpster fire roster, unwillingness to pay players like big schools, and probation.

We did pay him and he saw upside for himself, but it wasn’t an easy situation. He almost got hit with a potted plant.

Reactions: ulrey
He had to recruit without paying players like the big programs and he won two conference titles. I’m not a fan of Crean, his stint at UGA confirmed he wasn’t a very good coach, but he wasn’t atrocious.
Everything I’ve read about him suggests he ran his own players into the ground with ridiculous practices.

The trick to playing against that zone or any non standard off/def is to not make it into some undefeatable monster. That being said, Crean didn't under prep, he over prepped ... he claimed they had plan A, B, C, D, E because he's a tweaker spaz. He basically did the exact opposite of sentence one and mind f**ked the team before the game ever started. He was intimidated, hence the team was intimidated.

The trick to playing against that zone or any non standard off/def is to not make it into some undefeatable monster. That being said, Crean didn't under prep, he over prepped ... he claimed they had plan A, B, C, D, E because he's a tweaker spaz. He basically did the exact opposite of sentence one and mind f**ked the team before the game ever started. He was intimidated, hence the team was intimidated.
Thanks for the insight coach pop.

Archie was worse than Crean, he should be abolished from bball.

At this point in Woodsons career Tom had won about 6 games. Sorry did I hurt your feelings Tommy? He was abysmal.
Your can't ignore context: Crean started with nothing, MW started with NIL. I'm not a TC fan, but he brought more to IU than MW ever will.

Your can't ignore context: Crean started with nothing, MW started with NIL. I'm not a TC fan, but he brought more to IU than MW ever will.
Don't forget the open transfer portal and an All-American centerpiece as well.

Crean's top returning player was a 1.3ppg walk-on from EVV. His first season included a roster of 12 freshman, 2 walk-ons and a JUCO transfer. CC should compare that sh!t to what was left for Woody, but he won't.

Last edited:
Reactions: GThomas
Don't forget the open transfer portal and an All-American centerpiece as well.

Crean's top returning player was a 1.3ppg walk-on from EVV. His first season included a roster of 12 freshman, 2 walk-ons and a JUCO transfer. CC should compare that sh!t to what was left for Woody, but he won't.
He had some good players. They chucked pots at his head and bounced.

I know I know. Druggy thugs!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT