ADVERTISEMENT

Identity Protection

meridian

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2001
Seattle
Has anybody here used an Identity protection/identity Guard services?

Recently, some people have discovered my existence, sending me an incredible amount of emails, phone calls, etc., trying to "confirm"/"discover" my existence/identity, such as billing me for products I have never purchased, confirming my purchase, etc.

For instance, they would send me an email confirming my purchase from Best Buy, yet the sending address is gmail. Others include PayPal, Amazon, etc. One of these days, I may wind up falling for it.

So, I googled for an Identity protection services, and found zillions of such outfits.

If you guys have used such, I would appreciate your experience/recommendations, etc.

Last edited:

Recently, some people have discovered my existence, sending me an incredible amount of emails, phone calls, etc., trying to "confirm"/"discover" my existence/identity, such as billing me for a product I have never purchased, confirming my purchase, etc.

For instance, they would send me an email confirming my purchase from Best Buy, yet the sending address is gmail. Others include PayPal, Amazon, etc. One of these days, I may wind up falling for it.

So, I googled for an Identity protection services, and found zillions of such outfits.

If you guys have used such, I would appreciate your experience/recommendations, etc.
No one cares about your existence!

Recently, some people have discovered my existence, sending me an incredible amount of emails, phone calls, etc., trying to "confirm"/"discover" my existence/identity, such as billing me for a product I have never purchased, confirming my purchase, etc.

People only need that if they actually have wealth to protect. In your case, you need not be worried.

Do you like the magazines?

You guys are totally worthless!

I have a serious question because I have a serious problem. I thought there would be some serious and/or smart folks who can answer my problem or give me an advice, ergo my post.

Yet, the only things I've gotten have been a bunch of juvenile insults!

I am outta here, yes, the second time this year! Have a great insulting day, and life for that matter!
:mad:

Recently, some people have discovered my existence, sending me an incredible amount of emails, phone calls, etc., trying to "confirm"/"discover" my existence/identity, such as billing me for products I have never purchased, confirming my purchase, etc.

My recommendation is to save your money and pay close attention to your email. If you don't do anything stupid you shouldn't get burned.

I have a serious question because I have a serious problem. I thought there would be some serious and/or smart folks who can answer my problem or give me an advice, ergo my post.

I am outta here, yes, the second time this year! Have a great insulting day, and life for that matter!
Whatever. Some of us have other stuff to do in the afternoon and can't be expected to be at your beck and call.

Reactions: Spartans9312

Some places offer a service free. Chase for example offers Credit Journey.

And Visa offers Norton LifeLock for free for some credit cards. Click here.

Some places offer a service free. Chase for example offers Credit Journey.

And Visa offers Norton LifeLock for free for some credit cards. Click here.
I'm not a fan of Norton. Their software is shit.

My recommendation is to save your money and pay close attention to your email. If you don't do anything stupid you shouldn't get burned.

Whatever. Some of us have other stuff to do in the afternoon and can't be expected to be at your beck and call.
Oh come on... he aske a legitimate question and wanted to take advantage of other people's knowledge if they have any. I thought
I'm not a fan of Norton. Their software is shit.
But I think they bought LifeLock

stop_dont_come_back_willy_wonka.gif

Reactions: mcmurtry66

I get emails like that on a nearly daily basis. I get attempts at law firm scams every other week (they basically try to get a law form to release funds before the form actually receives the money). I think that once your email address and name are in a hackers dataset they’ll fish you. I don’t think it means you’re about to have your identity stolen (though of course identity theft is always possible).
This is not legal advice. Just my subjective belief

ADVERTISEMENT