ADVERTISEMENT

Ice Cream

CO. Hoosier

Hall of Famer
Aug 29, 2001
We have a gourmet ice cream stand two blocks from our house. They just opened for the season. Saw the 2024 price list this morning. 4 single dip waffle cones will set you back $32 plus tax (8%), public improvement fee (1.5%), and tip. Forty bucks to treat your family to ice cream cones.

Nobody needs a wheelbarrow full of cash, like in post WWI Germany, to buy ice cream because it’s all done electronically with an app or card. Is part of the reason inflation in the food and consumable sector is out of control because consumers really don’t notice at the time of the transaction?

Why do we hear about junk fees, but not about the ice cream?

apjoebidenx1200.jpg

We have a gourmet ice cream stand two blocks from our house. They just opened for the season. Saw the 2024 price list this morning. 4 single dip waffle cones will set you back $32 plus tax (8%), public improvement fee (1.5%), and tip. Forty bucks to treat your family to ice cream cones.

Nobody needs a wheelbarrow full of cash, like in post WWI Germany, to buy ice cream because it’s all done electronically with an app or card. Is part of the reason inflation in the food and consumable sector is out of control because consumers really don’t notice at the time of the transaction?

apjoebidenx1200.jpg
bidenomics. imagine if that dolt wins again and has control of hte senate/house. as for the rest city sc mls cashless. six flags cashless. went to a festival with the kids not long ago. cashless. kind of annoying. i still prefer cash

bidenomics. imagine if that dolt wins again and has control of hte senate/house. as for the rest city sc mls cashless. six flags cashless. went to a festival with the kids not long ago. cashless. kind of annoying. i still prefer cash
Our local Cold Stone closed, I don’t think this one will survive very long, and there is a ton tied up in capital expense. I mostly blame Denver’s minimum wage and Colorado’s various new employer mandates. All the result of severe left wing ideology. The liberals don’t understand the long term effects of making it so expensive to employ workers. Especially the effects on franchises and small business.

Our local Cold Stone closed, I don’t think this one will survive very long, and there is a ton tied up in capital expense. I mostly blame Denver’s minimum wage and Colorado’s various new employer mandates. All the result of severe left wing ideology. The liberals don’t understand the long term effects of making it so expensive to employ workers. Especially the effects on franchises and small business.
Hipster food is expensive, and I feel like it is more susceptible to inflationary pressures.

Last time I visited my local ice cream shop that makes their own, it cost me $8 and change (2/3rds a Popeye's two-piece for those of you keeping track at home) for a single scoop in a waffle cone. I won't go back. (Owners are DePauw grads, BTW).

Culver's is $5 and change for a single scoop in a waffle cone. DQ still relatively cheap.

Hipster food is expensive, and I feel like it is more susceptible to inflationary pressures.

Last time I visited my local ice cream shop that makes their own, it cost me $8 and change (2/3rds a Popeye's two-piece for those of you keeping track at home) for a single scoop in a waffle cone. I won't go back. (Owners are DePauw grads, BTW).

Culver's is $5 and change for a single scoop in a waffle cone. DQ still relatively cheap.
Fro yo. A joke. My minion puts on his own toppings and it’s like watching gold get weighed as they calculate the price

apjoebidenx1200.jpg
You can make your own ice cream cones at home. Hell you can make you own cones and ice cream. Quit being a lazy ass whiner expecting the government to take care of your problems.

• Haha
Reactions: UncleMark
I'm sure there's still a Dairy Queen somewhere in Denver that takes cash.

Well, they’re idiots.

Reactions: Sassy61

apjoebidenx1200.jpg
Anybody know where Joe got those RayBans? Like the tie, too. He might have just locked up my vote.

apjoebidenx1200.jpg
I’ll add it to the list.

Stuff Biden took from us:

1. crab legs
  2. cheese sticks
  3. ice cream
  4. Easter

You can make your own ice cream cones at home. Hell you can make you own cones and ice cream. Quit being a lazy ass whiner expecting the government to take care of your problems.

haha we have an ice cream maker and make our own. shit is good. I haven't bought Ben & Jerry's in months and I'm hoping that will keep from being subpoenaed by congress next year.

Reactions: T.M.P. and larsIU
The cheap, basic corner basic ice cream shop has been dead for years.

We have a local neighborhood Graeter's that's been around for years, but it's always been pricey. Typically a $30+ trip for the 4 of us.

Commercial RE rent is too high to justify the cost of an ice cream shop in most areas unless it's a premium product.

We did get cheap ice cream at the beach in FL this year, of all at places. Found it funny that ice cream in Madeira Beach across the street from the Gulf was cheaper than in Indy.

The cheap, basic corner basic ice cream shop has been dead for years.

We have a local neighborhood Graeter's that's been around for years, but it's always been pricey. Typically a $30+ trip for the 4 of us.

Commercial RE rent is too high to justify the cost of an ice cream shop in most areas unless it's a premium product.

We did get cheap ice cream at the beach in FL this year, of all at places. Found it funny that ice cream in Madeira Beach across the street from the Gulf was cheaper than in Indy.
Ann Arbor has a cheap neighborhood ice cream place. Visited it a couple months ago. My son was amazed: something like $3 for a two-scoop, big cone.

there's still one left. you can tell the boy this is how his old man did it. we ate bubble gum ice cream for $.75 a cone and felt like little kings.

Oh. My. God. How did you find that!!! I was literally just thinking about velvet freeze last week. The fro yo we go to is a block down from MY velvet freeze we grew up with. I cannot believe one is still around.

So you’ll like this. Allegedly somewhere in st Charles is a Pantera’s pizza

Oh. My. God. How did you find that!!! I was literally just thinking about velvet freeze last week. The fro yo we go to is a block down from MY velvet freeze we grew up with. I cannot believe one is still around.

So you’ll like this. Allegedly somewhere in st Charles is a Pantera’s pizza

core memory. we used to go to the one in warson woods. now I think there is a private swim lesson academy there. what the hell.

oh ya, I've seen the sign off 70. I remember pantera's being just a step up from cafeteria pizza but nom nom friggin nom.

• Haha
Reactions: mcmurtry66
core memory. we used to go to the one in warson woods. now I think there is a private swim lesson academy there. what the hell.

oh ya, I've seen the sign off 70. I remember pantera's being just a step up from cafeteria pizza but nom nom friggin nom.
Love it! Old Webster was ours

Ted drewes is still cheap. But it’s their bldg

• Love
Reactions: manichi
Yo Murt, did you hear Clay & Buck today? They're shilling some "patriot" coffee bullshit of some sort, so were telling the listeners that if they do business with Starbucks they're supporting transgender surgeries. No, I am not kidding.
i haven't had to hit any of our remote factories we work with in a bit. i only listen then. i swear to god we should just come up with the mostly absurdly patriotic product and dump all our money into advertising on there. doesn't matter how shitty the product is that audience will buy it. it's unreal. you know those two will get caught on a hot mic at some point saying "who is buying this shit"

i haven't had to hit any of our remote factories we work with in a bit. i only listen then. i swear to god we should just come up with the mostly absurdly patriotic product and dump all our money into advertising on there. doesn't matter how shitty the product is that audience will buy it. it's unreal. you know those two will get caught on a hot mic at some point saying "who is buying this shit"
Not Guilty flatbills. Flag on one side. 45&47 on the other. Made in Nigeria.

Let’s goooooooo!!!!!!!!

• Love
Not Guilty flatbills. Flag on one side. 45&47 on the other. Made in Nigeria.

Let’s goooooooo!!!!!!!!
Bam!!!!

I like businesses that disrupt industries. That’s what my projects do. And at some point they will notice us. But hockey is my ultimate goal. I want to disrupt hockey.

Listen to me. No more 30 second shifts. 3 minute shifts. Let them get a feel for the game. They come off the ice too fast. Two lines and two subs. Not four lines. We use the salaries for the third and fourth lines to fund better players on the two lines. Two dominant lines. One defenseman sub. One forward sub. No one on our team fights. No stupid penalties. Discipline.

We would CRUSH ANY LEAGUE

Bam!!!!

I like businesses that disrupt industries. That’s what my projects do. And at some point they will notice us. But hockey is my ultimate goal. I want to disrupt hockey.

Listen to me. No more 30 second shifts. 3 minute shifts. Let them get a feel for the game. They come off the ice too fast. Two lines and two subs. Not four lines. We use the salaries for the third and fourth lines to fund better players on the two lines. Two dominant lines. One defenseman sub. One forward sub. No one on our team fights. No stupid penalties. Discipline.

We would CRUSH ANY LEAGUE
Don’t think so. Hockey isn’t like soccer. It’s a much faster game. The subs are needed. These dudes are dripping in sweat after 90 seconds on the ice. Each shift is like sprinting level or just under that level.

Don’t think so. Hockey isn’t like soccer. It’s a much faster game. The subs are needed. These dudes are dripping in sweat after 90 seconds on the ice. Each shift is like sprinting level or just under that level.
THAT’S WHAT THEY THINK! They are gliding not running! My way WILL work. I wish I could get a shot

• Haha
Reactions: BradStevens
THAT’S WHAT THEY THINK! They are gliding not running! My way WILL work. I wish I could get a shot
You want to shake up hockey? Think the Williams sisters. You get some inner city black kids who are tremendous athletes to play hockey and you will revolutionize the sport.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT