ADVERTISEMENT

I will begin my new sales job on Monday. It is with a telephone systems company and I will be covering

Good job, McNutt.

I retired officially a couple weeks ago. Looking for some lame mindless shit to do to get me out of the house and make a few extra dollars. Not gonna do anything I don't want to do and won't work any kind of hours I don't want to work. I have a lot of connections in the car business and talked to the guys at NAPA yesterday. They need a driver for a delivery run between Bton and Bedford. Would be perfect. Will know soon if it pans out. If not, no big deal. I know people and have all the time in the world.

Good job, McNutt.

I retired officially a couple weeks ago. Looking for some lame mindless shit to do to get me out of the house and make a few extra dollars. Not gonna do anything I don't want to do and won't work any kind of hours I don't want to work. I have a lot of connections in the car business and talked to the guys at NAPA yesterday. They need a driver for a delivery run between Bton and Bedford. Would be perfect. Will know soon if it pans out. If not, no big deal. I know people and have all the time in the world.
Are you older or did you retire early?

Good job McNutt; I'm sure you will do fine, hell you could sell ice to an Eskimo (is that non PC?)

Reactions: BigMobe
Good job McNutt; I'm sure you will do fine, hell you could sell ice to an Eskimo (is that non PC?)
It is, you owe some penance... lot's of it. My eskimo sensitivities have been deeply offended.

the following counties: Bartholomew, Johnson, Brown, Shelby, Monroe and Morgan. I am really looking forward to it!
Congrats McNutt. I always think of you as the Chuck Norris of the AOTF, so now you'll just be the Chuck Norris of phone systems in the central Southern part of the state. I pity the fool who doesn't buy from you once you unleash that stare on them. You should be a great salesman: ask for the order, then go silent... and stare!

Love it. What I love most about it is that you took charge of your own life and left the bastages at Gordon behind . . .

. . . sic 'em Jerry. I have full confidence in you. 🙂 🖖

Reactions: Brockway and kkott
Congrats McNutt. I always think of you as the Chuck Norris of the AOTF, so now you'll just be the Chuck Norris of phone systems in the central Southern part of the state. I pity the fool who doesn't buy from you once you unleash that stare on them. You should be a great salesman: ask for the order, then go silent... and stare!
Thank you, kkott. Believe it or not, I do not resort to pressure tactics of any kind. I believe in The Golden Rule. In other words, I don't like for sales people to pressure me and I won't pressure prospects, either.

Congrats, McNutt - glad to hear you've landed on your feet.
Thank you, evvcabinetman. It gets a little scary when an individual is 67 years of age and isn't ready to retire yet. I have a certain goal from a financial standpoint and I'm not there yet.

Love it. What I love most about it is that you took charge of your own life and left the bastages at Gordon behind . . .

. . . sic 'em Jerry. I have full confidence in you. 🙂 🖖

Thank you, Steve. I am hoping to make arrangements to trade leads with them. In other words, I will give them copier leads if they will give me phone system leads. A couple of copier companies expressed interest in me, but I didn't want to have to worry about my non-compete.

Reactions: Sope Creek
congrats!

Ask for greens fees covered to land new accounts!
Thank you, outside shooter. It pays considerably better than my previous job and I already have paid for my 2021 golf membership, so I will handle the green fees for prospective customers if I need to.

Reactions: Brockway
Thank you, kkott. Believe it or not, I do not resort to pressure tactics of any kind. I believe in The Golden Rule. In other words, I don't like for sales people to pressure me and I won't pressure prospects, either.
Well, that's just McNutty!

Brian Tracy will be amply disappointed!

In actuality, if it's closing time, it's actually great advice and I don't see it as pressure. Succinctly state your case, ask if they want you to get started and then go quiet. I believe the way Mr Tracy puts it, is the next person who talks loses. Sounds goofy, but if you begin practicing it, you'll be surprised how often it works. I've done that and sat and looked at a customer or prospect for a long time... probably a minute or more in some cases, which is a lot of silence in a conversation, but it works quite often.

h7J-qoJvIRRoBVXgLTzlb6ilAXARUN4K0uUd2JLxzzUguZM9Z0WahakRpiVl8KNoWec0AFzGTkkfL8inWU6IjfnVeQ3EBHjSn0_uFvcGEnx3d7P5fkPVAymSm4NgxWm0U8fCAwVA2hScE2c

Thank you, Steve. I am hoping to make arrangements to trade leads with them. In other words, I will give them copier leads if they will give me phone system leads. A couple of copier companies expressed interest in me, but I didn't want to have to worry about my non-compete.
That's the ticket . . . reach into their back pockets and take your share, and leave them happy to pay you.

Niiicce . . . . .

Well, that's just McNutty!

Brian Tracy will be amply disappointed!

In actuality, if it's closing time, it's actually great advice and I don't see it as pressure. Succinctly state your case, ask if they want you to get started and then go quiet. I believe the way Mr Tracy puts it, is the next person who talks loses. Sounds goofy, but if you begin practicing it, you'll be surprised how often it works. I've done that and sat and looked at a customer or prospect for a long time... probably a minute or more in some cases, which is a lot of silence in a conversation, but it works quite often.

h7J-qoJvIRRoBVXgLTzlb6ilAXARUN4K0uUd2JLxzzUguZM9Z0WahakRpiVl8KNoWec0AFzGTkkfL8inWU6IjfnVeQ3EBHjSn0_uFvcGEnx3d7P5fkPVAymSm4NgxWm0U8fCAwVA2hScE2c
As you probably realize, kkott, I am a creative individual. That said, I have my own way of selling and it has been successful since 1986. Pressure tactics might work in Indianapolis or other large cities, but not in places like Columbus, Franklin, Shelbyville, etc. I have had some upper management accompany me on sales appointments in the past and they have resorted to pressure tactics in many cases. It has been a turn off for many of them. In fact, they have contacted me later in the day and said they were going to do business with me, but not to bring that manager with me ever again. Once I retire, I plan to author a book regarding sales. I have a lot of anecdotes I will share with people regarding mistakes management makes in the sales world.

Reactions: BHAII
ADVERTISEMENT