ADVERTISEMENT

I was in the perfect foursome today. It consisted of four IU grads and we

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
had a blast. One of them was my dentist, another one was an oral surgeon and the third one was an anesthesiologist friend of mine.

We played a quota format against two other foursomes and broke even. I shot a 44-43-87, which was my second best score since rejoining the country club.

had a blast. One of them was my dentist, another one was an oral surgeon and the third one was an anesthesiologist friend of mine.

We played a quota format against two other foursomes and broke even. I shot a 44-43-87, which was my second best score since rejoining the country club.

what's a quota format?

what's a quota format?

It is a Stableford Format. In other words, bogeys are one point, pars are two points, birdies are four points and I think eagles are six points. I haven't been with anybody who has gotten an eagle yet in my group yet, so I'm not sure how much one is worth.

The first time you play in it, the group takes 36 and subtracts your handicap from it to establish your quota for that round. In other words, your quota would be 21 that day if you're a 15 handicapper. If you wind up with 23 points that day, your quota will be 22 the next time you play. In the event you have 15 points that day, however, your quota will be 18 the next time.

The quotas of everybody in your foursome are totaled, divided by two and that is your team's quota for the first nine holes. You also will have the same quota for the second nine holes.

Everybody puts $15.00 in the pot and the foursome that is the most over quota for the first nine gets a third of the pot. The foursome that is the most over quota for the second nine gets a third of the pot and the foursome that is the most over quota for 18 holes gets a third of the pot.

This format prevents people from sandbagging because their quotas go up if they have a great round and they go down if they have a bad round. If you continue to have bad rounds, you will hurt your team.

The participants don't pick their own foursomes. They are determined by my dentist buddy getting a golf ball from everyone before hand and throwing them up in the air. The four closest balls determine one foursome, the next four closest balls determine the second foursome, etc.

Even though our foursome wound up losing $5.00 per player and I played horribly (96) today, I still had a great time. My short game was awful today, but nobody gave me a hard time about it.

It is a Stableford Format. In other words, bogeys are one point, pars are two points, birdies are four points and I think eagles are six points. I haven't been with anybody who has gotten an eagle yet in my group yet, so I'm not sure how much one is worth.

The first time you play in it, the group takes 36 and subtracts your handicap from it to establish your quota for that round. In other words, your quota would be 21 that day if you're a 15 handicapper. If you wind up with 23 points that day, your quota will be 22 the next time you play. In the event you have 15 points that day, however, your quota will be 18 the next time.

The quotas of everybody in your foursome are totaled, divided by two and that is your team's quota for the first nine holes. You also will have the same quota for the second nine holes.

Everybody puts $15.00 in the pot and the foursome that is the most over quota for the first nine gets a third of the pot. The foursome that is the most over quota for the second nine gets a third of the pot and the foursome that is the most over quota for 18 holes gets a third of the pot.

This format prevents people from sandbagging because their quotas go up if they have a great round and they go down if they have a bad round. If you continue to have bad rounds, you will hurt your team.

The participants don't pick their own foursomes. They are determined by my dentist buddy getting a golf ball from everyone before hand and throwing them up in the air. The four closest balls determine one foursome, the next four closest balls determine the second foursome, etc.

Even though our foursome wound up losing $5.00 per player and I played horribly (96) today, I still had a great time. My short game was awful today, but nobody gave me a hard time about it.

First let me say, your perfect foursome and mine are quite a bit different. Mine would probably be something like Kate Upton, Cindy Crawford and some other hottie.... And there would be cart riding, music and perfume and fragrances I hope! Yours' is 3 male IU grads? Please don't post your perfect sexual fantasy!

Secondly, $15 each? Do they not have $20 bills in Columbus? Why make things harder than they have to be? Never mind!

Last edited:
First let me say, your perfect foursome and mine are quite a bit different. Mine would probably be something like Kate Upton, Cindy Crawford and some other hottie.... And there would be cart riding, music and perfume and fragrances I hope! Yours' is 3 male IU grads? Please don't post your perfect sexual fantasy!

Secondly, $15 each? Do they not have $20 bills in Columbus? Why make things harder than they have to be? Never mind!

It is $5.00 per nine holes and then $5.00 for the 18. In other words, a foursome can get $60.00 from each foursome if it wins both nines and the total.

If you ride, by the way, you need to begin walking like a man when you play golf. I'm 64 years old, play an extremely hilly course and it is effortless for me to walk it.

Reactions: smokingun33
It is $5.00 per nine holes and then $5.00 for the 18. In other words, a foursome can get $60.00 from each foursome if it wins both nines and the total.

If you ride, by the way, you need to begin walking like a man when you play golf. I'm 64 years old, play an extremely hilly course and it is effortless for me to walk it.
While walking is good exercise, I'll bet you die like everyone else will, so why not relax and enjoy the cool breeze of a cart?

Reactions: largemouth

I bet one of the normal participants in his foursome is the pee bottle on the cart.
Nutz golf song.

Reactions: kkott

I've got four kids, three still at home and a grandson living with me. My fantasy is that all of them are gone for the evening and me and the wife are home alone.

I've got 2 bad ankles that will require fusion surgery, to fuse the ankle and leg bones together in the future, so I'm nursing them to hold that off as long as I can. Walking on grass and uneven terrain is actually risky for me at the moment. I drink, play music and ride in carts so I still have enough mobility to punch in the nose any annoying walkers who happen to come along bitching about pace of play or unraked bunkers!

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
I've got 2 bad ankles that will require fusion surgery, to fuse the ankle and leg bones together in the future, so I'm nursing them to hold that off as long as I can. Walking on grass and uneven terrain is actually risky for me at the moment. I drink, play music and ride in carts so I still have enough mobility to punch in the nose any annoying walkers who happen to come along bitching about pace of play or unraked bunkers!

There are no excuses for playing slowly or not raking bunkers after hitting out of them. My injured knee affects my swing, but it doesn't prevent me from walking rapidly and cleaning up after myself. In other words, I rake bunkers, repair ball marks and replace divots.

Cindy Crawford? I'm not disagreeing with you, but you're definitely showing your age.

Your post is also a savage violation of AOTF rules. Are standards not enforced around here anymore?

Cindy Crawford? I'm not disagreeing with you, but you're definitely showing your age.

Your post is also a savage violation of AOTF rules. Are standards not enforced around here anymore?

Oh,I'm old, by hottie standards at least: 52. Cindy Crawford might be my top. Damn, she's stayed great looking for so long. Saw Christy Brinkley on Sunday Morning,and she looks great, but not the way Cindy has maintained it. I think Julia Roberts might be better in that regard, but I never thought she was as hot as the other two... kind of annoying personality at times. You really want me to show my age: Raquel Welch maintained it for a long time back in the day!

Guilty as charged. Standards? On today's OTF? Now who's showing their age? LOL!

7xeacuQm.jpg
220px-RaquelWelchApr2010%282%29.jpg

SWIM158_TK5_02655-rawWMFinal1920.jpg

OK, that's pretty f'n strong!

ap_820127309742.jpg

kate-upton-thong-hazard-lead.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT