ADVERTISEMENT

I was impressed with Minnesota

kraft cheese+macaroni

Hall of Famer
Jul 21, 2010
At least their coaching/setup/game plan.

I hadn't seen them play at all this year, but had heard about Battle and he will be a handful for some teams this year and certainly going forward, as only a soph in eligibility.

I thought their offensive sets were really hard to guard, took advantage of their strengths and were generally run well. Their guards dribbled really tight off of the staggered screens that were set for them giving them lanes to the basket and making it hard for our shot blockers to recover.

I thought their defense was setup to be as successful as possible...making Indiana beat you from 3 is a good strategy and if we can hit those consistently enough, you tip your cap. especially if it's Phinisee and Johnson hitting the 3s...I think leaving Stewart unguarded to go double would be a mistake, but not those other two.

Minnesota's roster was almost entirely transfers, plus a new coach. I believe there was a bit of criticism of the hire when it was made, but if he can recruit as well as they game planned (and i think his recruiting relationships were the basis of the hire, if I'm not mistaken) then they could jump up in a year or two.

OT: No Leal for two games in a row. Yesterday seemed like the right type of game for him too, at least on the offensive end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News