ADVERTISEMENT

I think with crowds back, IU will return to form....

and play nervous and snakebit, looking for ways to lose. Add to that injuries including to you know who, and I see 4 wins. Maybe 5. Idaho, WKU, MD, Minnesota. Maybe Rutgers. The rest are Ls.

Last season was a COVID no crowds fluke.

JMO.
Love your positive juju. DWS. Observed your posts over the years and you are clearly a glass half empty type of person. It’s just who you are. I prefer the full approach as the sun comes up each day! LEO baby!

Look, I've been pretty consistent that it's a big ask for the offense to hit so many big chunk plays and for the defense to lead the nation in turnovers again. I hope for more consistency on both sides of the ball. With those two things in mind, I wouldn't be SURPRISED if there are "only" 7 or 8 wins this season. I'm certainly not convinced IU is a lock to go 12-0, 11-1, or 10-2.

But the concept that IU is going to regress tremendously because of crowds & only win 4 games is such a terrible take. It's a tough schedule & there's a good chance of some numbers in the L column, but no reason to think this team is going to fall apart from the jump.

This whole discussion may be irrelevant.
A lot can happen (and probably will) in the next 30 days concerning COVID.
It could very easily turn into another empty stadium season before it’s all said and done.
Minus starting the season 6 weeks late (thanks a lot Warren)

So Peyton, who I loved, leads to more wins than a healthy Penix? You're entitled to your view of IUFB, but the board is entitled to say...we strongly disagree and don't think you seem to have that much faith actually in what Tom Allen has done and the team coming back.
We’ll never know. Penix has not been healthy a full season yet. How many so far? Three?

We’ll never know. Penix has not been healthy a full season yet. How many so far? Three?
He hasn't been healthy a full season and IU still has won 8 and 6 (in an 8 game schedule) games the previous two years. I don't see where the regression to 4, maybe 5 wins comes from? They're already better than Idaho, WKU, MSU, Rutgers, Maryland, and Purdue regardless if Penix plays or not.

Bc they’ll wilt under pressure. I said they’d beat Idaho WKU and Maryland. And maybe Rutgers. Minnesota. Don’t be surprised if covid cancels a game somewhere.

and pssst.... Tuttle isn’t all that and the run game is suspect.

Bc they’ll wilt under pressure. I said they’d beat Idaho WKU and Maryland. And maybe Rutgers. Minnesota. Don’t be surprised if covid cancels a game somewhere.

Obviously the win total has a chance to be less if a game is cancelled...yeah I know who would have thought.

Tuttle is more than serviceable and feel confident he could lead us to wins against anybody not named Cincinnati, Penn State, or Ohio State. He'd start for a lot of B10 teams.

Tuttle isn't all that and still beat Wisconsin at Wisconsin last year.

If your gonna troll, troll something relevant.

Listen, jerk, you’re proving my point. They spent 5-10 minutes TRYING to reverse it. Otherwise, it would have been upheld after 30 seconds. I was surprised they didn’t reverse it. Ultimately, they decided to let IU have it bc of it being a COVID season which most thought would be eventually cancelled.

you want proof?

When it was clear it wasn’t gonna be cancelled they changed the rules to protect OSU!!

You don’t know much about football obviously.
I was with you up to the point that normally IU gets the hose on this play.. You lost me after that.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Favorable schedule, Payton Ramsey.
Pretty sure you were one of the posters here two years ago proclaiming doom, despair and agony on IUFB if Peyton Ramsey played QB (no, I'm not digging through thousands of posts to prove myself right). Ask Scott Frost or The Great Brohmbino how Ramsey worked out. Ask any B1G coach their thoughts on Michael Penix, Jr. IUFB will do quite well this season....even without your support.

@ Iowa - our defense against 3 new OL and a still-new QB, with Penix, Fryfogle, Marshall and Matthews. 1-0

Idaho - Bobby Petrino’s little brother is no Bobby Petrino. 2-0

Cincy - the AAC is no Big Ten. Their QB is the highest-yardage runner returning. Our LBs will remind him not to. They’ll like their DBs - I like our passing game better. 3-0

@ Western - Thier new OC from Houston Baptist brought his No. 1 and No. 2 QBs with him. Their back 7 are bad - and 6 are new. 4-0.

@PSU - They put up 488 yards last year. And lost. We rushed for 41. And won. Which team can better themselves over last year? They lost 3 OL. They added a Harvard OL grad-trans. 5-0.

Michigan State - they aren’t ready. 6-0.

Ohio State - worst returning Ohio State team in years. New QB. 3 new starters at LB. Typical Suckeye arrogance. They changed the rules to hand them a title last year. Boom. We change the game and Zralphie whips Skut Farkus. 7-0.

@Maryland - Locksleys team usually get worse, not better. Our back 7 make Tua.2 cry. 8-0.

@Michigan - They’re a mess. Harbaugh seems disinterested. 9-0.

Rutgers - not ready. 10-0.

Minnesota - it’s a trap! Again. But the boat spring a leak last year. Same basic team. Same boat. 11-0.

@POTFB - they may forfeit. 12-0.

@ Iowa - our defense against 3 new OL and a still-new QB, with Penix, Fryfogle, Marshall and Matthews. 1-0

Idaho - Bobby Petrino’s little brother is no Bobby Petrino. 2-0

Cincy - the AAC is no Big Ten. Their QB is the highest-yardage runner returning. Our LBs will remind him not to. They’ll like their DBs - I like our passing game better. 3-0

@ Western - Thier new OC from Houston Baptist brought his No. 1 and No. 2 QBs with him. Their back 7 are bad - and 6 are new. 4-0.

@PSU - They put up 488 yards last year. And lost. We rushed for 41. And won. Which team can better themselves over last year? They lost 3 OL. They added a Harvard OL grad-trans. 5-0.

Michigan State - they aren’t ready. 6-0.

Ohio State - worst returning Ohio State team in years. New QB. 3 new starters at LB. Typical Suckeye arrogance. They changed the rules to hand them a title last year. Boom. We change the game and Zralphie whips Skut Farkus. 7-0.

@Maryland - Locksleys team usually get worse, not better. Our back 7 make Tua.2 cry. 8-0.

@Michigan - They’re a mess. Harbaugh seems disinterested. 9-0.

Rutgers - not ready. 10-0.

Minnesota - it’s a trap! Again. But the boat spring a leak last year. Same basic team. Same boat. 11-0.

@POTFB - they may forfeit. 12-0.
You better be right or I’m gonna be so mad.

That Penn state game was an all around crap shoot. We weren’t in playing form yet and still did it. Penn State looked better than us all day. On paper we upgraded in a few spots. I think we come out against Iowa guns blazing. Iowa always plays down and plays like garbage in the first few games.

My bigger question:

Who is going to eliminate the men’s soccer team from the tournament this year? It’s becoming a pattern. A series of choke jobs. Better get your energy focused there.
Soccer team needs to find some offense. No team can win it all when the ball is 99% of the time on their side of the field.
They lost a one off national championship match. Hardly a choke job. Quit being knobs.

I’m worried about a little bit of a reality check type…pause in our ascension…or maybe slight step back this season.

But There’d have to be pretty major injuries at key positions for that far of a fall. We’re better and deeper at basically every position than our last 2 teams. If we had played a full season last year, we likely would have been 10-2 or 11-1 in the regular season. And that would have followed an 8-4 season. We are IU, however, and as much as we’ve improved our talent level…we’ll still be less talented, from a star ratings perspective, than over half our opponents. So while that doesn’t solely decide the games…it’s just a reminder that the Big ten east is no joke…and add to that at Iowa, Cincinnati, and the Bucket game…lots of losable games.

i think 6-6 is probably our “floor”. 7-5 would be mildly disappointing…but we could be better overall than the last 2 years, and still only go 7-5. In the end 8-4 seems realistic. At Iowa, Cincinnati, at PSU, OSU, at Michigan, Maryland, at Purdue…3-4 in those games wouldn’t be a disappointment. It would imply a couple pretty awesome wins.

Reactions: vesuvius13
They had a good season but that doesn't make anything i said wrong.
Your post was a complete joke. Nobody has 99% possession captain hyperbole. Their best defender got hurt just before the NCAA tourney. They still won the big ten regular season title, the big ten tourney, and made the national championship match. Yes they lost, but Beczerra had an amazing season on offense and hit a rough patch in the NCAA tourney. They’ll be even better next year. I’ll be at most home matches. Come hang with our group and learn more about footy. We tailgate every home match.

Exactly. I’m expecting the refs to return to form as well. JMO

@Iowa will tell the tale.

and let’s not forget that IU’s coaches have a history of lousy clock management and questionable play calling.
You are talking about the basketball team?

Absolutely agree!

Pretty sure you were one of the posters here two years ago proclaiming doom, despair and agony on IUFB if Peyton Ramsey played QB (no, I'm not digging through thousands of posts to prove myself right). Ask Scott Frost or The Great Brohmbino how Ramsey worked out. Ask any B1G coach their thoughts on Michael Penix, Jr. IUFB will do quite well this season....even without your support.
I liked Lindy's analysis of the Boilermakers. It says "There is enough talent to squeeze out six wins, but it won't be pretty. It never is in West Lafayette." I don't know if that is a football statement, or in general!

Your post was a complete joke. Nobody has 99% possession captain hyperbole. Their best defender got hurt just before the NCAA tourney. They still won the big ten regular season title, the big ten tourney, and made the national championship match. Yes they lost, but Beczerra had an amazing season on offense and hit a rough patch in the NCAA tourney. They’ll be even better next year. I’ll be at most home matches. Come hang with our group and learn more about footy. We tailgate every home match.
My post wasn't a joke. They were stuck on defense most of the game. Ok 99% may be a stretch but i didn't hold a timer to keep track. Nothing that needed a jerkish response

• Haha
Reactions: DANC
After what so many of us have endured with IU FB over the past 30+ years it is perfectly understandable that many are resistant to getting too confident about anything. The Football has been yanked away Charlie Brown style so many times by refs, injuries and our own players and coaches it makes one gun shy. There is a reason IU is tailgate mecca.

TA is the real deal, the roster is as good and deeper than I have ever seen and recruiting is excellent. The facilities are spectacular.

We believe but there is that little voice in the back of the mind..........

This whole discussion may be irrelevant.
A lot can happen (and probably will) in the next 30 days concerning COVID.
It could very easily turn into another empty stadium season before it’s all said and done.
Minus starting the season 6 weeks late (thanks a lot Warren)

Oh, we can only hope because according to Bayer, our only hope for a good season if there are fans in the stands. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Reactions: BayernFan
After what so many of us have endured with IU FB over the past 30+ years it is perfectly understandable that many are resistant to getting too confident about anything. The Football has been yanked away Charlie Brown style so many times by refs, injuries and our own players and coaches it makes one gun shy. There is a reason IU is tailgate mecca.

TA is the real deal, the roster is as good and deeper than I have ever seen and recruiting is excellent. The facilities are spectacular.

We believe but there is that little voice in the back of the mind..........
As I said in my post, no idea what our record will be, predictions are just fantasy at this point. Injuries, bounces, calls all affect game outcomes, what I found ridiculous in the original post was that we would play ”nervous and snakebite and look for ways to lose”.
Nothing could be further from the truth with this bunch, now more talented teams may beat us, but not one chance THIS team is ”looking for ways to lose”.

OC8rSYP.jpg
ttsbJcc.jpg

Just once, I'd like to see him post that. Just once.

and play nervous and snakebit, looking for ways to lose. Add to that injuries including to you know who, and I see 4 wins. Maybe 5. Idaho, WKU, MD, Minnesota. Maybe Rutgers. The rest are Ls.

Last season was a COVID no crowds fluke.

JMO.
ESPN 33 college football analysts have IU as the number 3 rated B1G team in their preseason rankings at number 17 just behind number 16 Wisconsin and Ohio State at number five. I guess your expert analysis is better than all of theirs. I see IU as a very deep team with a lot of experience coming back and a lot of players that feel they still have a lot to prove - particularly to folks like you. MSU isn't very good and Mel Tucker is a mediocre coach who has shown nothing. So you're way off on that. Also saying Payton Ramsey was the reason for the 8-5 2019 season is silly. While I grant you he played well, there was a lot of help from others and Ramsey's play was good backup play, not starter play. Penix would have probably won a couple more games had he been healthy. You're entitled to your opinion, but I don't think there is much fact behind it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT