ADVERTISEMENT

I think with crowds back, IU will return to form....

and play nervous and snakebit, looking for ways to lose. Add to that injuries including to you know who, and I see 4 wins. Maybe 5. Idaho, WKU, MD, Minnesota. Maybe Rutgers. The rest are Ls.

Last season was a COVID no crowds fluke.

JMO.
You left of Michigan State who is probably the worst team in the East.

Why even post this in the first place?

and play nervous and snakebit, looking for ways to lose. Add to that injuries including to you know who, and I see 4 wins. Maybe 5. Idaho, WKU, MD, Minnesota. Maybe Rutgers. The rest are Ls.

JMO.
Unfortunately I have had the same thoughts but wasn’t going to post it.
In my case I think it’s because I’m always waiting on something bad to happen.
I’m 64 and been going to games since I was 10,do the math.
Seen a lot of bad football through the years but yet I always come back for more.
And I will continue to do so as long as I’m able,thinking this is gonna be the year.Maybe this is that year,we will know soon.

I think this team will help end the "return to form" as they showed last season the mental toughness that I think cares over to this season. IU is getting a different level of players than in the past and to think it will be like previous teams isn't realistic.

JMO.
I know you say this stuff just to troll, but we were 2 points away from winning 9 games the year before...in front of crowds...including a win at nebraska...without our starting QB who is 10-2 as a starter.

In a normal year, the 2XP play vs PSU would go against IU, and would certainly have been reversed. The refs wanted to reverse it.... which is why it took 5 minutes to review. But there was clearly a debate... “why not just let IU have this one? It won’t matter bc it’s a goofy season that prolly won’t count anyway bc it’ll be cancelled.” That was the thinking IMO.

without that call, IU’s season plays out very differently.

IU won’t get those calls this year. They’ll get the calls they’ve always gotten against the PSUs, UMs, MSUs, etc.

In a normal year, the 2XP play vs PSU would go against IU, and would certainly have been reversed. The refs wanted to reverse it.... which is why it took 5 minutes to review. But there was clearly a debate... “why not just let IU have this one? It won’t matter bc it’s a goofy season that prolly won’t count anyway bc it’ll be cancelled.” That was the thinking IMO.

IU won’t get those calls this year. They’ll get the calls they’ve always gotten against the PSUs, UMs, MSUs, etc.
Uh no.

The call wasn’t reversed because there was literally nothing that could indisputably overturn the call on the field. Troll harder.

Favorable schedule, Payton Ramsey.
The 2021 team is better than last year's and better than the 2019 team. IU is now a legitimate threat in the Big Ten. We have more overall talent, experience and depth than at any time during my decades of following IU football, including the Mallory years.

With respect to QB, Penix is exponentially better than Ramsey, which is why Ramsey left for Northwestern. (That's no knock on Ramsey, who is one of my all-time favorite IU players). Tuttle has more raw talent than Ramsey, but it's still too early to tell whether his football IQ and toughness equal or exceed Ramsey's, and whether he can consistently manage a game like Ramsey did. Tuttle was impressive at Wisconsin last season, and he gets a pass on the Ole Miss game because he was playing with a separated shoulder.

We beat them 24-0 at MSU, and they are still awful, and they're going to beat us at home? We are going to be scared in front of our own crowd? Back on ignore you go.
IU often play scared in front of crowds, especially their own. Are you a new IU fan?

Unfortunately I have had the same thoughts but wasn’t going to post it.
In my case I think it’s because I’m always waiting on something bad to happen.
I’m 64 and been going to games since I was 10,do the math.
Seen a lot of bad football through the years but yet I always come back for more.
And I will continue to do so as long as I’m able,thinking this is gonna be the year.Maybe this is that year,we will know soon.
The last two years were "the year" and apparently that's not good enough for you?

Because it was a very tough call, anyone with an open mind could see that, ultimately, they just couldn’t overturn the call on the field. If you truly believe they said “let’s just give Indiana this one “, then you literally haven’t a clue.
At the very least, they TRIED to reverse the call. If it takes more than a couple minutes to review a call, then it shouldn’t be reversed. The purpose of a review is not to make the correct call. If you think that they were trying to make the “correct” call, then you literally have no clue.

IU often play scared in front of crowds, especially their own. Are you a new IU fan?
I’ve been around IU football my entire life, if you believe THIS team will ,in any way ,play “scared” or “nervous”, then you don’t understand this group at all. Nor do you understand Tom Allen, you may not believe, but this team and coaches sure do. I have no idea what the record ends up being, never have been into predictions, they certainly have a tough schedule. That said , I can guarantee you, this team embraces the challenge ahead and will meet it head on. It is truly pathetic that just because of your insecurities you find it ok to call out a really good team , and say they will play scared.

Uh no.

The call wasn’t reversed because there was literally nothing that could indisputably overturn the call on the field. Troll harder.
I think that is what Aspirin Guy was saying, the normal default in that game would be to go in psu favor but they really couldn't. There was far more evidence that the score was godd vs not.

We have seen what he is referring to time and time again over the years.

At the very least, they TRIED to reverse the call. If it takes more than a couple minutes to review a call, then it shouldn’t be reversed. The purpose of a review is not to make the correct call. If you think that they were trying to make the “correct” call, then you literally have no clue.
But they didn’t reverse it dunce. I have argued for years that review should get 30 seconds , if it isn’t obvious , call stands. Unfortunately, if you watch football at all, (which apparently you don’t) review almost always takes several minutes .

But they didn’t reverse it dunce. I have argued for years that review should get 30 seconds , if it isn’t obvious , call stands. Unfortunately, if you watch football at all, (which apparently you don’t) review almost always takes several minutes .
Listen, jerk, you’re proving my point. They spent 5-10 minutes TRYING to reverse it. Otherwise, it would have been upheld after 30 seconds. I was surprised they didn’t reverse it. Ultimately, they decided to let IU have it bc of it being a COVID season which most thought would be eventually cancelled.

you want proof?

When it was clear it wasn’t gonna be cancelled they changed the rules to protect OSU!!

You don’t know much about football obviously.

Last edited:

If you believe all of what you typed then why not take up knitting and save yourself the heartache?

Listen, jerk, you’re proving my point. They spent 5-10 minutes TRYING to reverse it. Otherwise, it would have been upheld after 30 seconds. I was surprised they didn’t reverse it. Ultimately, they decided to let IU have it bc of it being a COVID season which most thought would be eventually cancelled. When it was clear it wasn’t gonna be cancelled they changed the rules to protect OSU!!
Good Grief. You REALLY think that the officials stood there analyzing the play in regards to it being IU and a CoVid year?

I think your tin foil hat slipped down over eyes.

Exactly. I’m expecting the refs to return to form as well. JMO

@Iowa will tell the tale.

and let’s not forget that IU’s coaches have a history of lousy clock management and questionable play calling.
Ok dude I've seen all of the points you've laid out and you just don't know anything about replay review, it's very obvious. Indisputable evidence is what is needed to overturn the call on the field, there weren't very many good camera angles as we saw on replay, so it was extremely hard from a ref's standpoint to find indisputable evidence. They said the call on the field STANDS, when a call stands that is essentially the refs saying "we can't fully tell based on our cameras so we are sticking with the call on the field". The refs are not taking plays in a vacuum when they go to replay review, they are taking them within the context of what the call on the field was. You are trying to make it sound like the people reviewing these plays are working for ESPN, deciding what would be a better storyline. Even if that were the case you would be 100% wrong because any normal CFB analyst would assume that IU's win was a one off and they would lose to Michigan two weeks later, and would rather have Penn State be undefeated when they play OSU so they can hype that game up. Your a moron, there was only one clear camera angle of Penix reaching in and it wasn't definitive since there was no way to see where the tip of the ball was when it hit the ground. If your going to have such strong opinions, at least make sure you understand how replay review works clown.

Ok dude I've seen all of the points you've laid out and you just don't know anything about replay review, it's very obvious. Indisputable evidence is what is needed to overturn the call on the field, there weren't very many good camera angles as we saw on replay, so it was extremely hard from a ref's standpoint to find indisputable evidence. They said the call on the field STANDS, when a call stands that is essentially the refs saying "we can't fully tell based on our cameras so we are sticking with the call on the field". The refs are not taking plays in a vacuum when they go to replay review, they are taking them within the context of what the call on the field was. You are trying to make it sound like the people reviewing these plays are working for ESPN, deciding what would be a better storyline. Even if that were the case you would be 100% wrong because any normal CFB analyst would assume that IU's win was a one off and they would lose to Michigan two weeks later, and would rather have Penn State be undefeated when they play OSU so they can hype that game up. Your a moron, there was only one clear camera angle of Penix reaching in and it wasn't definitive since there was no way to see where the tip of the ball was when it hit the ground. If your going to have such strong opinions, at least make sure you understand how replay review works clown.
Exactly. Penn State was slated to play Ohio State on prime time, national television the following week. I’m sure the B10, ESPN, etc took that 5-10 minutes during the replay to collude AGAINST Penn State and cheat themselves out of a potential top 5 match-up. Brilliant.

We’re going back and forth with the biggest dip shit on this board.

Listen, jerk, you’re proving my point. They spent 5-10 minutes TRYING to reverse it. Otherwise, it would have been upheld after 30 seconds. I was surprised they didn’t reverse it. Ultimately, they decided to let IU have it bc of it being a COVID season which most thought would be eventually cancelled.

you want proof?

When it was clear it wasn’t gonna be cancelled they changed the rules to protect OSU!!

As others have pointed out, you seem to be the only “jerk” here, replay almost always takes several minutes( you clearly don’t watch football often), and yes, they almost always try to “make the call”, when they are only supposed to be changing obvious wrongs. They didn’t “decide to let IU have it because of COVID” (if you truly believe that you are a moron), they tried to get the call correct (I know that isn’t what is supposed to happen, but it always does) and I believe they did because there was no clear evidence for a reversal.

JMO.

Wow, someone woke up hungover. Good grief, this was such a bad take its not worth going into detail to tell you how ridiculous you sound.

My bigger question:

Who is going to eliminate the men’s soccer team from the tournament this year? It’s becoming a pattern. A series of choke jobs. Better get your energy focused there.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT