ADVERTISEMENT

"I think what you believe in can only be defined by what you’re willing to risk"

You got it right hoot. But you trying to show that Vindman took a risk misses the point. While I don’t have the motivation to go back and look at all his comments, I think Vindman was even deceptive about his role.
COH: Scheller took a risk; Vindman did not.
Hoot: Actually, Vindman did take a risk.
COH: You're right, but that's not the point.

Good grief.

Scheller today resigned his commission. Gives up all benefits a 20 year Lt Colonel would be entitled to. He threatens more action while he demands accountability from senior officials. Accountability we all know will never come. He seems scary.

Given the Afghanistan fiasco, the border fiasco, the Babbitt whitewash, the obvious senility of POTUS, the many thousand page multi-trillion dollar legislation crammed down by an out of control small group in congress, and more talk about mandates and shutdowns, we are building a huge social boil that is full of hot garbage puss and is near a breaking point.
So Basically, as some people say, Vindmen and him seem equals.

SURE they are.

So Basically, as some people say, Vindmen and him seem equals.

SURE they are.
I don't see anyone saying they are equals. Maybe Marvin did? I didn't see it, if he did.

I'm saying that COH's response to the two men is cynically partisan. Hoot - not to speak for him - seems to be saying that COH's original argument that one risked something while the other didn't doesn't really hold water.

Right. Nobody knew that more than Lt. Colonel Schellier. We are creating a huge problem. Field officers are held strictly accountable for everything from a blunder that cost lives or equipment to using the wrong pronouns while general staff officers and the highest civilian leaders are increasingly risk averse, run for cover after a blunder, and send out deputy-assistant whatever’s to face the public.
It’s evident our leaders highest up the command have been spending too much of their time on pronouns and social justice.

I don't see anyone saying they are equals. Maybe Marvin did? I didn't see it, if he did.

I'm saying that COH's response to the two men is cynically partisan. Hoot - not to speak for him - seems to be saying that COH's original argument that one risked something while the other didn't doesn't really hold water.
For the third time. Vindman affirmatively took steps to avoid risk. Any damage to his career was likely unexpected. It certainly wasn’t something he accepted. Scheller knowingly accepted risk because he thought his point was worth at least that. His second video suggests there is more to this.

For the third time. Vindman affirmatively took steps to avoid risk. Any damage to his career was likely unexpected. It certainly wasn’t something he accepted. Scheller knowingly accepted risk because he thought his point was worth at least that. His second video suggests there is more to this.
I suppose if you want to transform this partisan judgment into reading the minds of the principals, then, okay. But it doesn't change the fact that your judgments fall neatly along partisan lines. Nor does it change the fact that you can't, actually, read minds.

I think staying in Afghanistan after bin Laden escaped was a mistake - there is nothing in that “country” worth warring over. Assassinating terrorist leaders and other covert ops is much preferable.

But we did.

Even with that said, I do not need a LT. Col. or a Pentagon appointee to tell me this withdrawal was a FUBARed failure to anticipate and plan for fairly well-known risks. Biden and his generals are in charge - so they get the blame. As recently as Iraq we saw the vacuum created by our military actions filled by radical Islamic terrorists - and Afghanistan had BOTH Taliban and ISIS - so radical Islamic terror was a near-certainty, not a guess. So our Democrat pals failed to learn lessons from exactly what they bitched about. Go figure.

But even with THAT said, we can’t get out of that God-forsaken Islamic hell hole fast enough. Let the pious pricks kill each other for a while.

I suppose if you want to transform this partisan judgment into reading the minds of the principals, then, okay. But it doesn't change the fact that your judgments fall neatly along partisan lines. Nor does it change the fact that you can't, actually, read minds.
The facts I posted are objectively true, my opinion is objectively reasonable. The fact that I posted about this topic is partisan because I don’t hold a very high opinion of Vindman. Story selection is usually argumentative. Griping about partisanship in an argument is pretty lame.

Update here. Don't know if Scheller is alright in the head or not. No doubt he threw away everything to make his point about lack of accountability and responsibility at the highest levels of our military.

Bxc6. Very aggressive all or nothing move. Game on!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT