ADVERTISEMENT

I think Trump should be worried about the presidential debates...

Everyone should watch the entire Axios HBO interview. Trump is breathtakingly stupid.

On a side note, many that have written books and/or have done interviews mentioned that to get Trumps attention they had to prepare colorful charts with limited information on each page. Those comments were verified when he showed bar charts with humongous, colorful bars that would typically be found in a second grader text book.

As an American the interview is disturbing. It’s beyond comprehension that we have such a moron as our president.

These debates won’t be about making a point to anybody who isn’t already decided

they will be about trying to make the other look weak

It won’t be about trump. He’ll be on a loop: strongest economy ever; I built it once I’ll build it again; stock market was soaring; lowest unemployment ever; lower taxes, manufacturing coming back; wall being built; lowest unemployment for blacks ever; then China virus; but vaccine is here; blue cities = crime. Blue cities are super scary. On a loop.

The debates are to see if Biden is lucid or weekend at Bernie’s. If he’s all there the undecided can then kick trump out.

Reactions: glmiu11
Let’s be clear, there will be no debating. Look at 2016, Clinton debated her policies and positions and ran circles around Trump. He blustered, name called, and lied. That’s what he will do here again. He doesn’t care about policy and is not smart enough to understand policy. He will act like a 4th grade jerk on the playground.

Is he on uppers or downers? Or both?

"In a moment of fear. You dig in your heels. The pills won't help you now..."

Reactions: vslice2bad
Let’s be clear, there will be no debating. Look at 2016, Clinton debated her policies and positions and ran circles around Trump. He blustered, name called, and lied. That’s what he will do here again. He doesn’t care about policy and is not smart enough to understand policy. He will act like a 4th grade jerk on the playground.

that’s exactly what he’s going to do and large swaths of the american public eat it up

Reactions: glmiu11
These debates won’t be about making a point to anybody who isn’t already decided

they will be about trying to make the other look weak
Right - and it would seem that Biden only needs to get out of Trump's way to let him do that himself. Trump will try to spout of hyperbolic promises, but when pressed on reality, he crumbles and is made to look foolish.

Right - and it would seem that Biden only needs to get out of Trump's way to let him do that himself. Trump will try to spout of hyperbolic promises, but when pressed on reality, he crumbles and is made to look foolish.

I think that the whole "BIDEN IS A DODDERING OLD FOOL" narrative (despite being younger than McTurtle) has already lowered expectations to where Biden should be able to easily exceed them.

quite frankly I’ll bet they both make themselves look ridiculous

trump is going to look like a second grader and Biden will look like an octogenarian

I think that the whole "BIDEN IS A DODDERING OLD FOOL" narrative (despite being younger than McTurtle) has already lowered expectations to where Biden should be able to easily exceed them.
Yep - when Biden isn't slobbering all over himself that narrative is going to go out the window. That said, I'm sure Trump will do a press briefing where he harps on Biden slightly stuttering or saying something he deems attack worthy a day or two after the debate.

"Look folks, he just isn't all there - he had trouble with the word 'the' 43 minutes into the debate!"

It'll be nonsense, but the MAGA crowd will eat it up.

Reactions: TommyCracker
I loved him showing a kindergarten bar graph, with only four graphs spouting we’re number one. And I swear he still didn’t even understand what Swann was trying to explain to him. The man is truly stupid beyond belief.

In a debate the POTUS is sure to throw out tons of misinformation and outright lies. He will be fact-checked on it, but most viewers won't care much unless Biden himself is able to fact-check him on the spot, in real time.

This may be hard to do, not saying that Biden can't do it, but it is hard to expect what BS will come next from Trump's mouth.

If I understand Trump correctly, the U.S. has more covid cases because the U.S. tests more, and that's bad. However, the U.S. death rate is great, but he calculates it as deaths per positive test. If the U.S. tested less, we would have fewer positive test results, but the death rate would skyrocket.

If I understand Trump correctly, the U.S. has more covid cases because the U.S. tests more, and that's bad. However, the U.S. death rate is great, but he calculates it as deaths per positive test. If the U.S. tested less, we would have fewer positive test results, but the death rate would skyrocket.
You've got it. Whichever metric that puts Trump in the best light is the one you use.

Reactions: hoosboot

Are we counting deaths the same way as other countries? If some 400 lb diabetic that was already on her deathbed contracts COVID in her final days is her death listed as COVID? Shouldn't be imo.

Are we counting deaths the same way as other countries? If some 400 lb diabetic that was already on her deathbed contracts COVID in her final days is her death listed as COVID? Shouldn't be imo.

I'm surprised you used Trump as an example.

Reactions: cosmickid
I'm surprised you used Trump as an example.

I don't give a damn about Trump. But the media keeps harping that 150k Americans died of COVID. But did they or was it mostly something else that killed them? That's all I want to know.

I don't give a damn about Trump. But the media keeps harping that 150k Americans died of COVID. But did they or was it mostly something else that killed them? That's all I want to know.
dumbest

The count is most likely 180,000 as that is the increase in mortality from this year compared to last at the same time.

This is where the media and trump act like nine year olds. They each focus on a metric that serves their narrative pointing fingers at each other

The fact is that both metrics are real and both are important. This pretending that the other does not exist is simply monarnic.

I despise them both

Reactions: mcmurtry66
This is where the media and trump act like nine year olds. They each focus on a metric that serves their narrative pointing fingers at each other

The fact is that both metrics are real and both are important. This pretending that the other does not exist is simply monarnic.

I despise them both
You would never be able to convince me you didn’t vote for Trump

The fact is that both metrics are real and both are important.
They simply are not. Trump's metric is silly nonsense and I hope that you know it.

The USA has 4.5% of the world's population, ~26% of the world's cases, and ~20% of the world's deaths.

It is right to focus on 26% being so much bigger than 4.5%.

It is right to focus on 20% being so much bigger than 4.5%.

It is dumb beyond comprehension to focus on 20% being lower than 26%. It is irrelevant.

Trump can't "get it"

Can you?

They simply are not. Trump's metric is silly nonsense and I hope that you know it.

The USA has 4.5% of the world's population, ~26% of the world's cases, and ~20% of the world's deaths.

It is right to focus on 26% being so much bigger than 4.5%.

It is right to focus on 20% being so much bigger than 4.5%.

It is dumb beyond comprehension to focus on 20% being lower than 26%. It is irrelevant.

Trump can't "get it"

Can you?

You made my point about the deaths as a % of pop being important. Thank you...but it wasn't necessary as I knew that and stated such.

The rate of death of infected people is also important as it speaks to the quality of medicine and care here in the US. That is also important but i understand your need to ignore it. Note that i didn't call them equal...I just pointed out that many in the media are like you...closed minded idiots like trump.

You don't "get it" because you are a hyper partisan parrot.

That is on you Ace.

Get it?? Good

I despise them both

Why are both metrics important?

That is on you Ace.

Get it?? Good

I get it, perfectly.

As a Dick Lugar intern/ campaigner, a registered GOP for 20 years, a registered independent for 18 years, and a registered Dem for now 9 months, I see all sides.

We have good hospitals, good doctors, good nurses, and they all learned a lot on the fly so that our death is per capita 5x rather than 6x as high as it should be, if our national response had been average.

This is despite our medical professionals making do with 3rd world PPE supplies for a long time, due to executive branch incompetence.

Reactions: MaxCoke
You made my point about the deaths as a % of pop being important. Thank you...but it wasn't necessary as I knew that and stated such.

The rate of death of infected people is also important as it speaks to the quality of medicine and care here in the US. That is also important but i understand your need to ignore it. Note that i didn't call them equal...I just pointed out that many in the media are like you...closed minded idiots like trump.

That is on you Ace.

Get it?? Good

Death per case, while important to the quality of our Healthcare system, is irrelevant to Trump and his actions.

Now if Trump was saying he was responsible for our death per case rate...then that would be more relevant.

Can you point to a decision that Trump led that caused our death rate per case to be lower than if we had a deaf baboon as president instead?

He was, however, directly responsible to the public reaction to the virus. We're still having arguments on if the virus is just a flu in a thread today.

His specific actions have led to a massive amount of cases and therefore a world leading amount of deaths (even though we had the advantage of going last).

It will be a historical example of bumbling incompetency of leadership to be studied and mocked.

Death per case, while important to the quality of our Healthcare system, is irrelevant to Trump and his actions.

Now if Trump was saying he was responsible for our death per case rate...then that would be more relevant.

Can you point to a decision that Trump led that caused our death rate per case to be lower than if we had a deaf baboon as president instead?

He was, however, directly responsible to the public reaction to the virus. We're still having arguments on if the virus is just a flu in a thread today.

His specific actions have led to a massive amount of cases and therefore a world leading amount of deaths (even though we had the advantage of going last).

It will be a historical example of bumbling incompetency of leadership to be studied and mocked.

Another thing Trump is pretty bad at- talking...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT