ADVERTISEMENT

I think this is a bad idea dont want him never impressed by his play

is this just speculation or is there some talk of it being a real thing?

Might have made sense 2 months ago. Does not now.

He's a great defender, but never been impressed with his offense. And he tends to be a whiny bitch. Pass.

Reactions: Bucket Getter
Can't fathom Hawkins would consider a situation where there's any question whether he'd be a starter or not. And with Ballo, Reneau, and Mgbako...IU doesn't have an obvious starting spot available. Purdue makes more sense. They can Pork Chop Furst for him.
Did you hear the Sleepers review of the U18 or U19 national team being assembled? Sounds like Purdue has another diamond in the rough with their incoming big man. I'd never heard of him (Daniel ?) but said he played extremely well and outshone every other more highly rated post player. What an epiphany: tall guys are good at bball!

Did you hear the Sleepers review of the U18 or U19 national team being assembled? Sounds like Purdue has another diamond in the rough with their incoming big man. I'd never heard of him (Daniel ?) but said he played extremely well and outshone every other more highly rated post player. What an epiphany: tall guys are good at bball!
I can't envision there ever being another Edey. And even Edey wouldn't have had the impact he did if the refs didn't officiate him how they did. He also doesn't have obvious NBA applicable skills, so that kept him at Purdue much longer than a NPOY of his size should have ever been in college.

The kid I think you're referring to is more of a perimeter oriented player, no? If he's 7' plus, any sort of decent, and has perimeter skills, he won't be at Purdue long.

I can't envision there ever being another Edey. And even Edey wouldn't have had the impact he did if the refs didn't officiate him how they did. He also doesn't have obvious NBA applicable skills, so that kept him at Purdue much longer than a NPOY of his size should have ever been in college.

The kid I think you're referring to is more of a perimeter oriented player, no? If he's 7' plus, any sort of decent, and has perimeter skills, he won't be at Purdue long.
Actually what stood out wasn’t his perimeter skills(that was known) it was his around the basket/toughness that he’s worked on. Hes now a more complete player.

I don't know boo about his game, I just know they have another fairly unheralded 7'3" recruit, who it sounds like is a lot better than advertised or rated. I thought they said he does have some perimeter skills, but that he's outplaying all the other post guys there. Agreed, very doubtful that he's anything close to another Edey, but I thought they might struggle at the post spot (I'm not sold on TKR as a starting B10 center), and it sounds like they might have a better option than expected. I highly doubt he's ever dealt with anyone like Ballo and I would still expect Ballo to dominate him... or any other 5 option PU might trot out.

I don't know boo about his game, I just know they have another fairly unheralded 7'3" recruit, who it sounds like is a lot better than advertised or rated. I thought they said he does have some perimeter skills, but that he's outplaying all the other post guys there. Agreed, very doubtful that he's anything close to another Edey, but I thought they might struggle at the post spot (I'm not sold on TKR as a starting B10 center), and it sounds like they might have a better option than expected. I highly doubt he's ever dealt with anyone like Ballo and I would still expect Ballo to dominate him... or any other 5 option PU might trot out.
Oh he might be great...just was referencing that if he is, and has any perimeter skill, at all...he won't be in West Laffy long. Edey was an anomaly in lots of ways.

He wasn’t unknown. He had legit offers from creighton, Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Xavier etc. top 100-150. His rankings were all over the place. He’s a way different player than Edey.

Reactions: kkott
Relax. He's said he'll never play in the B1G again. Or the Big East (no idea why).

He also said he wants to go to a big football school so he can go to some football games. WTF?

Sounds like he just wants a good NIL deal, and who can blame him.
Off the top of my head, Auburn seems like a good fit.

Relax. He's said he'll never play in the B1G again. Or the Big East (no idea why).

He also said he wants to go to a big football school so he can go to some football games. WTF?

Sounds like he just wants a good NIL deal, and who can blame him.
He said he hates all of the other B1G schools. Named IU as one specifically. 🤣

Statements like that from guys like that really crack me up. If he really thinks we're bothered that he hates IU, then he's dumber than I think he is. He's a whiny bitch that has high regards for himself. As for effort, the only time I've seen him give any was when he went after XJ on the ball toss incident.

And the feeling is certainly mutual.

But you know what - I respect him for that. I wouldn't play for any team I played against for 4 years. Shows he wanted to win - it's personal for him. That's the kind of player I want on my team, although I don't want him.

And the feeling is certainly mutual.

But you know what - I respect him for that. I wouldn't play for any team I played against for 4 years. Shows he wanted to win - it's personal for him. That's the kind of player I want on my team, although I don't want him.
He gained some from me also. I saw an interview that spelled all this out. Depending on who he chooses I might even cheer for him a bit. Hes a dude. I couldn’t stand him.

Reactions: DANC
Statements like that from guys like that really crack me up. If he really thinks we're bothered that he hates IU, then he's dumber than I think he is. He's a whiny bitch that has high regards for himself. As for effort, the only time I've seen him give any was when he went after XJ on the ball toss incident.
I didn’t think that at all. He has principles. He said no amount of money. I hated him at Illinois but he’s an ultimate competitor. He also said he can’t go back to Illinois as it’s not fair too. He also said it’s all new guys and he wants to have fun.

He's 7'3, 235lbs....Edey was 7'4, 305 lbs.

Reactions: kkott
I really liked Baba Miller but he wanted the opportunity to star at fau. A player similar to him that's a draft withdrawal that would add flexibility and value to the line-up would be Trevon Brazile. I think we're done though. Everyone will be in the gym next week and Woody will start tinkering. If any of the top 10 coaches in America had our roster they would be early favorites to win the ncaa tournament.

Coleman Hawkins how does he fit?
i win square peg in a round hole GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT