ADVERTISEMENT

I think there is a significant chance of a Kent State type catastrophe

Been practicing 20+ years, most recently in-house. I like it a lot, but not a ton of job security (though I’ve had a good run). And it’s fair to say the practice in firms hasn’t gotten any easier over that time. I get why people are moving on to different things.
Good for you. In-house is the envy of all! I was about ten years too late for the gravy train in the pi world. By the time I was out practicing tort reform was in play and the market was totally saturated.

I agree. I think we're seeing the the general population has about had it with social distancing. I live in Nashville, IN - a tourist destination. I drove through town Sunday afternoon. It was a beautiful day, and there were tons of people in town. Probably every motorcyclist within 100 miles invaded our town. The Speedway gas station had probably 100 bikes sitting out there, their riders all hanging out, talking, not engaging in any form of social distancing. Directly across the street at the Chocolate Moose ice cream shop, the lot was packed with bikes and people all standing around in close proximity.

This is disturbing to us who live here. Because other than the tourist thing, we're pretty isolated here. We're trying to keep our infection count low. But this massive influx into our town on weekends now going forward from people all around is going to make that very difficult to maintain.
Yeah that sucks. Unfortunately again I think it’s only going to get worse as the weather continues to improve.

Yeah that sucks. Unfortunately again I think it’s only going to get worse as the weather continues to improve.

There will be an inevitable 2nd wave at this rate -- and then 3rd. All the time, waiting for some silver bullet solution.

The bottom line is that not enough people are taking this pandemic seriously enough. All this despite the fact that the US 1/3rd of the world's total of reported cases and 27% of the world's Covid deaths with only 4.3% of the world's population -- whilst being the richest country on earth.

This was never unavoidable or fated.

There will be an inevitable 2nd wave at this rate -- and then 3rd. All the time, waiting for some silver bullet solution.

The bottom line is that not enough people are taking this pandemic seriously enough. All this despite the fact that the US 1/3rd of the world's total of reported cases and 27% of the world's Covid deaths with only 4.3% of the world's population -- whilst being the richest country on earth.

This was never unavoidable or fated.

Agreed. We are far too unruly of a people to stay on lockdown for extended periods. That’s why I wonder how much truth there is to herd immunity. Bc absent a “cure” or vaccine that’s what we’re lookin at imo.

Agreed. We are far too unruly of a people to stay on lockdown for extended periods. That’s why I wonder how much truth there is to herd immunity. Bc absent a “cure” or vaccine that’s what we’re lookin at imo.

You are slowly unintentionally slipping into one for sure. It will basically shift it from the realms of health protection and quickly into a political one if not already. Estimates of 70-80% of the population required to have been infected and immunised is a nice mathematical modelling/parlour game. But the reality on the ground is that that's just unsustainable.

Why? You don't think they have access to ammo?

I get what you're trying to say. It's okay if the guns weren't loaded. ButHerEmails kinda nailed it. You're the Thomas Friedman of this board.

Barf.

Here is my receipt.

Why? You don't think they have access to ammo?

I get what you're trying to say. It's okay if the guns weren't loaded. ButHerEmails kinda nailed it. You're the Thomas Friedman of this board.

Barf.

Third and final time.

The juxtaposition of “patriots” brandishing AK-15s at demonstrations while minorities are being shot with rubber bullets is not being lost on anybody. Particularly in the minority communities.

Fat cat politicians and business people texting from home along with newspeople telling meatpackers to get back to work with no improved work conditions is infuriating the unemployed and the empathetic.

Add a pandemic with a lying administration who cares nothing for the ordinary working black man and it appears that this situation is going to spiral far out of control.

Trump’s answer today was do shut off funding to the World Health Organization. I am afraid this is going to get much worse. The federal government is hiding under their beds.

The juxtaposition of “patriots” brandishing AK-15s at demonstrations while minorities are being shot with rubber bullets is not being lost on anybody. Particularly in the minority communities.

Fat cat politicians and business people texting from home along with newspeople telling meatpackers to get back to work with no improved work conditions is infuriating the unemployed and the empathetic.

Add a pandemic with a lying administration who cares nothing for the ordinary working black man and it appears that this situation is going to spiral far out of control.

Trump’s answer today was do shut off funding to the World Health Organization. I am afraid this is going to get much worse. The federal government is hiding under their beds.
So let me get this straight-all this rioting and looting(oops, sorry-“protesting”) is the fault of the Michigan protestors, politicians and businessmen, and Trump?

LMAO

So let me get this straight-all this rioting and looting(oops, sorry-“protesting”) is the fault of the Michigan protestors, politicians and businessmen, and Trump?

LMAO
Are you old enough to remember the summer of 1968? Do you remember how it unfolded? I had the first post on this thread and it was about civil tension spiraling out of control.

Also, , there is nothing funny about this.

Reactions: Cream&Crimson

LMAO
This country has been in slow decline for the last 20 years. It sure seems like that decline is now on the fast track. I'm sure that is why some folks voted for Trump. We can see how that worked out.

This country has been in slow decline for the last 20 years. It sure seems like that decline is now on the fast track. I'm sure that is why some folks voted for Trump. We can see how that worked out.
How so? By what measure?

Watching the protesters in Sacramento was watching a clown show. Watching the protesters in Lansing Michigan was watching some equally stupid people, but some were armed with semi automatic weapons. In Michigan the police only took their temperature. But at some point very tired, and angry, and frustrated people are going to go over the edge. And somebody is going to start shooting. And then somebody else is going to return fire. And they’re going to be casualties on both sides. Except that there are no sides. It’s mortal beings versus a deadly virus. When this happens I will blame Trump and rightly so.

This is only been about seven weeks. We have another six months to go before the election. And we have a commander in chief who’s only concern is antagonizing the situation in hopes of extricating himself from his downward spiral. This will end up being Americans pitted against Americans for no reason. And people are going to die. That is in addition to the thousands and thousands of people who are going to die because of the administrations denial and incompetence.

You know it’s going to fit people over the edge? Hot hot summer weather. Look at the inner-city riots. It’s not a matter of If. It’s only a matter of when. I have lost confidence in the GOP in their ability to reign this moron in. and kiss-ass Mike Pence is equally to blame.

82Hoo -- you are looking mighty prophetic now. You do lottery numbers too?

Reactions: Digressions
I am glad you are starting to get it! Those protesters in Michigan are not going to let people like you tell them how to live their lives! The second civil war is closer than you think! And I support the protesters!

Lucy some time you are clever but quite often you are just obnoxious or clueless or both.

Will our military kill their fellow citizens in this country for Donald Trump? Where does this madness end?

Can I safely assume they only have bats because they all have criminal records?
wink.gif

edit:

Non-criminal white:

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT