ADVERTISEMENT

I think that Crean is coming back.

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
They've been recruiting a lot more recently. Just a gut feeling, but I think he has convinced Fred of giving him 1 more year.

So you concluded that - because Crean hasn't completely stopped recruiting altogether - he's going to get 1 more year? That's a pretty silly piece of data on which to draw a conclusion.

He would still need to be recruiting if he was going to take another job.

True. In fact, if he's "recruiting more", it may actually be a sign that he's leaving because he knows he'll have to put together a new team. We don't have enough rides as it is.....unless he plans on Creaning half the team for his scapegoats.

If you put a gun to my head, though, I still say Glass keeps him and uses injuries as his excuse.

True. In fact, if he's "recruiting more", it may actually be a sign that he's leaving because he knows he'll have to put together a new team. We don't have enough rides as it is.....unless he plans on Creaning half the team for his scapegoats.

If you put a gun to my head, though, I still say Glass keeps him and uses injuries as his excuse.
Next year will be a dumpster fire.

They've been recruiting a lot more recently. Just a gut feeling, but I think he has convinced Fred of giving him 1 more year.
Crean has certainly gone full blown survival mode in his press conferences. Every other word out of his mouth is injuries, youth, and throwing his players under the bus. Problem is, Fred is dumb enough to believe it and Crean knows it. Fred needs to go if Crean is going to be canned: a new AD will want his own guy and would be crazy to kick off his tenure with Crean.

I
Crean has certainly gone full blown survival mode in his press conferences. Every other word out of his mouth is injuries, youth, and throwing his players under the bus. Problem is, Fred is dumb enough to believe it and Crean knows it. Fred needs to go if Crean is going to be canned: a new AD will want his own guy and would be crazy to kick off his tenure with Crean.
Fred will probably do anything not to can his boy. However, he may have no choice.

I would normally mock you but the last time we were here and Crean was getting booed out of the gym just two seasons ago...Word was out that he was out, pretty much a done deal.

However he brought Maker and Bryant in for a recruiting visit for the MSU game (that we also lost) but there were no boos because it was a done deal supposedly.

Then Bryant committed.

Then Peegs gotta talking to.

So I'm with you this time. If he's recruiting for IU than he's expecting to coach for IU.

We have to lose every game to have a shot.

I would normally mock you but the last time we were here and Crean was getting booed out of the gym just two seasons ago...Word was out that he was out, pretty much a done deal.

However he brought Maker and Bryant in for a recruiting visit for the MSU game (that we also lost) but there were no boos because it was a done deal supposedly.

Then Bryant committed.

So I'm with you this time. If he's recruiting for IU than he's expecting to coach for IU.

Yep peegs big inside sources said he was gone and it was a done deal. It will be bad nightmare if he is back. I will also will be fully convinced he will then never be fired by Fred. Never. If he can survive this season he will survive most anything.

While I'm not convinced he's gone.....he may be hedging his recruiting....i.e. set recruits up to follow him if he lands elsewhere. That has been known to happen.

I

Fred will probably do anything not to can his boy. However, he may have no choice.

No screw that. You've been persistent to the point of annoying in insisting that Crean will be back next season. No hedging your bet with this kind of whishy-washy rhetoric now.

Have a backbone or admit that you are full of it.

Reactions: Cortez88

Then Bryant committed.

3rd rebuild and no Bryant coming in. Glass has nothing to sell.

Crean is gonzo!

Last edited:
I think it's 60/40 that Crean stays until after next year. I think Glass would be willing to make the move after this season but only if a desirable replacement was available and interested. I think if Glass and Co. find their top candidates unwilling or unable to be coach next year they will simply wait another year.

I think it's 60/40 that Crean stays until after next year. I think Glass would be willing to make the move after this season but only if a desirable replacement was available and interested. I think if Glass and Co. find their top candidates unwilling or unable to be coach next year they will simply wait another year.
I probably put it a bit higher that he stays but generally agree. I just don't believe that Glass wants to fire a coach that had injuries and is coming off of COY. I wish it wasn't the case but they have already put up with this for 9 years so one more isn't that long to the University. There will be little resistance to firing him after next season if it turns into another mediocre year. The only outside chance of it happening this year is if they drop all of the remaining games. Not likely as I think they will still win one or two but it is a possibility.

Tickets have been sold, that is all Fred cares about, The money has been made, even though the seats are empty.
While it is true that the money from the tickets is still there, do not underestimate the affect of empty seats on the other revenue sources like concessions, retail, and parking fees. Profit margins on concessions in particular can be very high (ie. paying $2 for a soda that costs .02 to provide). A ten percent loss in attendance would add up quickly on the earnings sheet.

No screw that. You've been persistent to the point of annoying in insisting that Crean will be back next season. No hedging your bet with this kind of whishy-washy rhetoric now.

Have a backbone or admit that you are full of it.
I dont don't want him back at all. Yes I think Fred brings him back. Fred is gutless.

Reactions: TheVegasHoosier
I say he comes back and than after next seasons disaster, he'll finally get the plug pulled.
I could see the T-Shirts now. The "Final Chapter" or the "Last Trainwreck". I like the idea of the captain going down with the ship.

I say please make it stop, just end everybody's pain and suffering including Creans. Just from my feelings and stuff I have heard I am about at 90% saying he is either fired or goes to another school. If he is here next year, Ill make one final post and wont watch or attend another game.

I say please make it stop, just end everybody's pain and suffering including Creans. Just from my feelings and stuff I have heard I am about at 90% saying he is either fired or goes to another school. If he is here next year, Ill make one final post and wont watch or attend another game.

My what a shame. What will you do with your life? Ahhh! You could always watch Cricket! My heart bleeds for you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT