ADVERTISEMENT

I think it’s Enfield.

fkfootball

All-American
Apr 28, 2014
It makes sense. Chris007 on BTB said a month ago, that he heard IU had reached out to his agent through back channels.

Reasoning.

1. Runs a Modern Up-Tempo Offense. Check.

2. Although it’s LA, USC is pretty apathetic towards basketball. Check.

3. Still coaching in the NCAA Tournament. Check.

4. PAC 12 coach of the year. Check.

Reactions: Wyohoosier1
It makes sense. Chris007 on BTB said a month ago, that he heard IU had reached out to his agent through back channels.

Reasoning.

whoever this chris is, i'm pretty sure he knows absolutely nothing in regards to iu hiring a new coach. and secondly why would enfield leave usc for bloomington? he's got some really good talent there.

Reasoning.

Has had a bunch of talent, never did a thing with it, until now.

Might as well hire Crean back. Or get Josh Pastner .

Enfield was valedictorian at Johns Hopkins and started as a shooting coach.
Has gotten to the S16 with 2 teams.

His numbers for win has trended well. Builds team record, slight lull, then strong again.

Strong offensive coach. Has recruited talent.

Does he fit at Indiana though? Pretty big question mark.

whoever this chris is, i'm pretty sure he knows absolutely nothing in regards to iu hiring a new coach. and secondly why would enfield leave usc for bloomington? he's got some really good talent there.
He used to work at IU. He knows people.

Define “it’s”?

Are you suggesting that a coach that is still participating in the NCAA tournament has already made a binding agreement with IU?

Why would anyone do that?

Certainly, someone may have assured IU that they are extremely interested, but does that mean anything?

I have seen a bunch of people suggest that there has been no announcement because the new hire is still coaching. I don’t buy it. At least I don’t buy that we have locked up anyone still coaching. Sure, we probably have people in mind. Perhaps we THINK we have them locked up. But, why would anyone still coaching do anything other than leave all of his options open knowing that how he does in the tourney will affect his marketability, leverage and earning power?

Reasoning.

Lord I hope not!!

Reactions: birdforbogey

Reasoning.

Why Enfield when there are names like Gregg Popovich, Brad Stevens, Billy Donovan, Monty Williams, Doc Rivers, out there? Do we really think all these guys would say no to IU?

• Love
Reactions: johnboiler123
This makes no sense you might as well say its Mark Few is coming. I think it is Scott Drew or Porter Moser outside chance Nate Oats or Dana Altman.

Strong offensive coach.
No. He. Isn't.

He did tough put 7/8 players in the NBA, more than many good schools have. Not one conference title. Three tournament bids in eight years, never getting past the 2nd round. until now, One first rd loss, and imploded with a very talented team in 17/18 and missed the tourney He's been underwhelming compared to the talent he has had every year, until now, where he has a lottery pick and another with pro potential.

Off Eff...

Josh Pastner next? Or Jim Larranaga. How about Chris Mooney. Mark Gottfried? How about Turgeon?

Last edited:

Reasoning.

You could make the same argument for Musselman.

ESPN guy from Freddie and Fitz says the first call Indiana should make is to Dana Altman.
I’m aboard with Altman. The guy has a .720 winning % and has coached at 4 colleges as head coach.
He’s also been conference coach of the year at each institution.

But, his record pales in comparison to IU juggernauts of coaching Mike Woodson, Cheaney and Fife.

Reasoning.

While I'm not doubting these insiders have some contacts and are sharing what they are hearing, here's the theme with all of them on these boards. "Done deal" until it falls apart at the very end. Donovan, in town, done deal until Glass issues a deadline, falls apart at last second. Stevens, offered crazy money, he listened, had dinner at St Elmos, supposedly everyone thought he was coming, he does a press conference saying he's staying and insiders are shocked at the end. Matta, done deal until he fails his physical, falls apart at the end. It's the same thing each time. It's a done deal until it's not a done deal in the end. Just have to wait and see what happens and have faith we make a good hire. Faith is fading.

Reactions: IUgradman
While I'm not doubting these insiders have some contacts and are sharing what they are hearing, here's the theme with all of them on these boards. "Done deal" until it falls apart at the very end. Donovan, in town, done deal until Glass issues a deadline, falls apart at last second. Stevens, offered crazy money, he listened, had dinner at St Elmos, supposedly everyone thought he was coming, he does a press conference saying he's staying and insiders are shocked at the end. Matta, done deal until he fails his physical, falls apart at the end. It's the same thing each time. It's a done deal until it's not a done deal in the end. Just have to wait and see what happens and have faith we make a good hire. Faith is fading.

It takes 2 to Tango.

I’m not sure which of those candidates considered it a done deal.

“Everyone thought he was coming”

It doesn’t matter what everyone thinks. It doesn’t even matter what Dolson thinks.

Reasoning.

Team hits FT at a 64.7% clip. Frustrated by Archie's teams at the FT line, get ready for even worse.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT