ADVERTISEMENT

I think I figured out what I have been doing wrong regarding my golf swing and I made progress today.

McNutt76

Hall of Famer
Sep 1, 2001
The reason I have been playing so poorly for the past 18 or so months is because my back swing has been too fast. It dawned on me Wednesday evening and I have been hitting the ball much better now that I have slowed down my back swing.

Today, I shot a 90. However, my short game took its toll on my game today. It's nobody's fault, but the greens were super slow. My guess is the superintendent and his staff haven't been able to mow them because of all of the rain we had Wednesday and Thursday.

I'm really happy with our course and the staff. Hopefully, my game will get much better once I have the opportunity to hone it this year.

Reactions: kkott
Unbeknownst to me, my daughter was recording me with her phone when I was out in the yard hitting balls today.

I got a look at my swing when I didn’t know I was being recorded.

Yikes.

My problem has always been repeatability. I can make a decent swing. I can do it somewhat regularly. With a good swing I can hit my driver 220 in the air.

I just can’t do it consistently or when I want to do it.

Unbeknownst to me, my daughter was recording me with her phone when I was out in the yard hitting balls today.

I got a look at my swing when I didn’t know I was being recorded.

Yikes.

My problem has always been repeatability. I can make a decent swing. I can do it somewhat regularly. With a good swing I can hit my driver 220 in the air.

I just can’t do it consistently or when I want to do it.

You're probably rusty like me. I went about two months (January and February) without playing golf and it almost is like starting over again. I usually get a round or two during the winter months, but not this time.

I'm hoping I'll hit my drives much farther once the fairways dry out a little. We had rain Wednesday and Thursday and I'm really surprised it wasn't cart paths only on Saturday. My drives backed up in some cases because of the saturated fairways. At least the greens were receptive.

You're probably rusty like me. I went about two months (January and February) without playing golf and it almost is like starting over again. I usually get a round or two during the winter months, but not this time.

I'm hoping I'll hit my drives much farther once the fairways dry out a little. We had rain Wednesday and Thursday and I'm really surprised it wasn't cart paths only on Saturday. My drives backed up in some cases because of the saturated fairways. At least the greens were receptive.
Yeah, the old plug and hop backwards kills a poor shlub like me.

ADVERTISEMENT