ADVERTISEMENT

I think CJ Person has played 4 games

I hope that immediately following the last practice in Jacksonville they FedEx his helmet and the rest of his gear back to Bloomington and that we see him during the Gator Bowl decked out in jersey, blue jeans and sneakers.

Reactions: red hornet
After reading this post, it reminded me of something I was thinking earlier this week. Why doesn't the NCAA modify the Rule to 4 Regular Season Games and not count the Bowl Game in the calculation? I've always maintained that the real value of a Bowl Game is the extra practice time you get for younger players as well as the publicity. If the Bowl Game is a reward for a good season, why not let these kids who have contributed to your Success play in the game without penalty. If you have kids who haven't played all season, they are prohibited from playing, but those who have played and contributed can play without the game counting toward the 4 Game Total.

After reading this post, it reminded me of something I was thinking earlier this week. Why doesn't the NCAA modify the Rule to 4 Regular Season Games and not count the Bowl Game in the calculation? I've always maintained that the real value of a Bowl Game is the extra practice time you get for younger players as well as the publicity. If the Bowl Game is a reward for a good season, why not let these kids who have contributed to your Success play in the game without penalty. If you have kids who haven't played all season, they are prohibited from playing, but those who have played and contributed can play without the game counting toward the 4 Game Total.

I agree a bowl game shouldn’t count against the four, but that might be too sensible of an idea for the NCAA?

ADVERTISEMENT