ADVERTISEMENT

I Shall Be Released

i've always thought the Clapton vs Young solos were an interesting contrast.

while Clapton is considered the guitar god, i've always thought Neil Young's best guitar work tops anything Clapton has ever done, and think his more "soulful" lead here tops Clapton's.

great video though, and the highlight of the evening.

while Clapton is considered the guitar god, i've always thought Neil Young's best guitar work tops anything Clapton has ever done, and think his more "soulful" lead here tops Clapton's.

Sorry about your head injury

Great video though

While they are both excellent, I've always thought that Clapton is more versatile given the groups he has played with and different styles. My ringtone on my Cell phone is the lead in to the song Layla when Clapton was with Derek and the Dominoes. The lead in with Clapton and Duane Allman playing together is excellent. The odd thing about that song is that I can't decide whether I like the Guitar lead in better than Jim Gordon's several minute Piano dominated fade out. Both parts are great.

While they are both excellent, I've always thought that Clapton is more versatile given the groups he has played with and different styles. My ringtone on my Cell phone is the lead in to the song Layla when Clapton was with Derek and the Dominoes. The lead in with Clapton and Duane Allman playing together is excellent. The odd thing about that song is that I can't decide whether I like the Guitar lead in better than Jim Gordon's several minute Piano dominated fade out. Both parts are great.
I hated to see Cream breakup.Ginger Baker was not bad either.

Clapton is considered the guitar god, i've always thought Neil Young's best guitar work tops anything Clapton has ever done
lmao .............

Though I "like" Neil better, he's nowhere near or close to Clapton's level of competence.

Jesus Christ dude, of all the dumb shit you say this one is bottoming out the stupid level.

lmao .............

Though I "like" Neil better, he's nowhere near or close to Clapton's level of competence.

Jesus Christ dude, of all the dumb shit you say this one is bottoming out the stupid level.

competence at what, finger skills, or knowing what to play and how to draw out the most from it?

knowing what to play, and the ability to evoke emotion from it, always tops technical ability.

why plenty of tech master jazz guitarists play to empty rooms.

and Cowgirl is a far better "lead guitar" piece than anything Clapton has ever done.

add Powderfinger and Hurricane.

Neill's writing skills are so elite, that his lead work often gets overlooked.

i do commend your always being willing to wear your musical ignorance on your sleeve though.

So this is an interesting video, though it sounds like the mix is off. I was at this show, the closing night of the Rising Tour at Shea Stadium in Oct 2003. Picked up a ticket drop seat at the last minute, and flew from Sunny Indiana to a freaking ice storm in NYC. Totally unprepared for the weather, wearing a trash bag liner to try and keep dry. And I HATE being cold and wet...

This was a standard Dylan cover that Springsteen played often circa 1975. This is from The Main Point (outside Philly)...

Reactions: largemouth
competence at what, finger skills, or knowing what to play and how to draw out the most from it?

knowing what to play, and the ability to evoke emotion from it, always tops technical ability.

and Cowgirl is a far better "lead guitar" piece than anything Clapton has ever done.

i do commend your always being willing to wear your musical ignorance on your sleeve though.
Dude, stfu ... you're a fool.

I've been playing music since I was six years old. You don't know shit and are talking out of your ignorant ass. "finger skills".. lmao. You've obviously mastered the Dunning Kruger fretboard method...

Due ...

For you to use this particular video to try and claim Neil plays better than Clapton is just awful

At 1:50 Clapton hits notes that cut every soul who hears it. And he does it as if he's putting salt on a potatoe.

38988359792_8f5fe0bdda_b.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT