ADVERTISEMENT

I see Tuttle's out for the spring game...

I was looking forward to see him in the Spring game but will now have to wait until Fall Camp to see how the QB starter is. I hope all three are healthy come Fall and are competing for the job.

Reactions: Hoosiersfan2018
Always something with IU sports.
You think they have something positive with a kid finally getting eligible and they announce he’s out for the remainder of the spring but “they won’t cancel the spring game, just alter it a bit.”

Good grief.

What is the next shoe to drop?
Like death and taxes: always some pending downfall waiting to happen.

Always something with IU sports.
You think they have something positive with a kid finally getting eligible and they announce he’s out for the remainder of the spring but “they won’t cancel the spring game, just alter it a bit.”

Good grief.

What is the next shoe to drop?
Like death and taxes: always some pending downfall waiting to happen.
Why would they alter the spring game just based on Tuttle being out...?

Why would they alter the spring game just based on Tuttle being out...?

I don’t know either but ask Coach Allen. He made the direct comments:

“We’re still going to have the spring game like always. The format might change a little bit as far as the offense vs the defense. We’ll have to evaluate and look at all those options. We’re have to do some creative things to get Michael Penix out there.”

Reactions: vesuvius13
Or Measels, aren't they going around IU? Or is it mumps? I just hope it is a virus, or that type of illness.

Mumps right now..

Hard telling on a college campus though.

Viruses spread like wildfire.

Probably why he's being held out (so he stays away from his teammates).

Smart move.

dumbass anti-vaxer parents

Agree with the sentiment (I'm vaccinated as are all my kids and grandkids) but there's a bunch of viruses out there that have no vaccine...

Allen did the right thing by isolating him from the locker room...

Feel bad for Tuttle but this may just give him more time to focus on his iPad uploads in learning how to read Big Ten defenses and pick up the new Offensive installs.

Playing QB at this level is two thirds mental and one third physical anyway.

They figured out a way to get Penix in this weekend and article said “he threw a TD on 3 of 4 passes.” Then added “they are going to see how they can get Penix into that game.”

Most accounts say Penix “you wouldn’t know/can’t tell he’s injured” but they are being precautious rightly so.

I have not wavered, my money is on Penix, but IU has a great situation now with three good QB’s.

(And I doubt Tuttle’s situation is serious just a real bad timing I’ll ess that they have to keep him out the last week of spring.)

They figured out a way to get Penix in this weekend and article said “he threw a TD on 3 of 4 passes.” Then added “they are going to see how they can get Penix into that game.”

Most accounts say Penix “you wouldn’t know/can’t tell he’s injured” but they are being precautious rightly so.

I have not wavered, my money is on Penix, but IU has a great situation now with three good QB’s.

(And I doubt Tuttle’s situation is serious just a real bad timing I’ll ess that they have to keep him out the last week of spring.)
I have heard great things regarding Penix this spring in terms of how he has looked physically. In one of the promotional videos he moved rather well.

At the time I wasn't sure what exactly what he was meaning. I hadn't heard CTA's comments in regard to the spring game.

Cannot believe we have only 3 QBs on the roster. No walk-ons as a security backup. Maryland lost 3 guys in a single season. I know Reese Taylor is a pure emergency plug but they really need 1 guy who is from a good h.s. program that is willing to be a part of the room and be there to be an emergency plan.

Cannot believe we have only 3 QBs on the roster. No walk-ons as a security backup. Maryland lost 3 guys in a single season. I know Reese Taylor is a pure emergency plug but they really need 1 guy who is from a good h.s. program that is willing to be a part of the room and be there to be an emergency plan.

The way I understand it (*and I could be wrong because they seem to tweak the rules every other year these days) you don't get to acknowledge or utilize your walk-ons until school goes in session for the fall semester.

I'm sure we have a couple of walk-on QB's lined up for fall and even if we don't..., I'm certain we can come up with at least one by then...

The staff knows what they need.

Reese is more than an emergency!

Actually they've moved him to CB for Spring (and probably forever). That's where he wants to play ( which is really smart on his part if he has any NFL aspirations )...

I'm sure if we lost the top 3 QBs he'd move back over there but let's hope that's never the case...

dumbass anti-vaxer parents

Next time my 10 year old vaccine injured son craps in his pull up (which will be when he gets home from therapy today), I'll give you a call and you can come over and change him.

GFY

Next time my 10 year old vaccine injured son craps in his pull up (which will be when he gets home from therapy today), I'll give you a call and you can come over and change him.

GFY
Sorry if your son experienced an adverse reaction to a vaccine. It's extremely rare but, like everything in life, things can go wrong.

That said, let's shut down the vaccine conversation. It's not an appropriate topic for the FB board.
Edit- To be clear, my shut down comment is not directed at Kelly. It's for everyone.

Last edited:
The mumps vaccine is approx. 88% effective, The flu vaccine is pretty effective for that particular vaccine injection but there are other flu strains that can arise throughout the year.
The flu shot makes me feel like crap every time I take it. I don't it anymore, because I never have 2-3 days available to feel like ass.

If you need more than QB's in a season, you're screwed anyway.

Well....I’ll remind you that Maryland beat IU in 2017 doing just that: playing a 4th string QB from the state of Indiana. And they also won 2 games in conference, just like us.
& I'll remind you that that team went 4-8, & beating IU isn't exactly a great measuring stick, unfortunately.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT