ADVERTISEMENT

I see some of what UGA did in football as similar to what IU is doing…

I grew up an IU fan. Even in football watching Anthony Thompson when I was younger and we mostly sucked nuts. Regardless, I don’t answer to you, so you can suck my cock
If you didn’t go to IU you are forgiven.

Be a t-shirt fan of whoever you please.

😂 There are so many coach suckers on this board, it’s pathetic. Funny thing is they live in their moms basement and this is the best their life will ever be
You have it nice. You live in your wife’s UGA themed man cave I bet.

😂 There are so many coach suckers on this board, it’s pathetic. Funny thing is they live in their moms basement and this is the best their life will ever be
Don't sweat it. Anyone who knows you from the last 14 years on here knows where your loyalties lie.

Reactions: rocketo
I get it now. You’re one of those guys…
Hey I don’t really care if you went to IU or not, all are welcome to root for the Hoosiers.

If you didn’t, and decided to adopt UGA football later in life, that’s not a problem with me.

I have a problem with alumni that favor another school over where they got their degree.

Maybe you went to a small school without a D1 football team, maybe you didn’t go to school. In that case, root for whoever you like.

Hey I don’t really care if you went to IU or not, all are welcome to root for the Hoosiers.

If you didn’t, and decided to adopt UGA football later in life, that’s not a problem with me.

I have a problem with alumni that favor another school over where they got their degree.

Maybe you went to a small school without a D1 football team, maybe you didn’t go to school. In that case, root for whoever you like.
Not playing your idiotic game dude. Get back on subject or get ignored

Don't sweat it. Anyone who knows you from the last 14 years on here knows where your loyalties lie.
I really try hard not to block idiots, but it gets harder and harder. So many ****ing trolls on here, I can’t wait until we are back and they will just go away.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I really try hard not to block idiots, but it gets harder and harder. So many ****ing trolls on here, I can’t wait until we are back and they will just go away.
Not trying to insult you. I’m just saying that if you went to IU and would cheer for the Dawgs over Tom Allen and the boys I think you should get bent.

If you didn’t go to IU, we appreciate your support even if we’re your 2nd or 3rd option.

Not trying to insult you. I’m just saying that if you went to IU and would cheer for the Dawgs over Tom Allen and the boys I think you should get bent.

If you didn’t go to IU, we appreciate your support even if we’re your 2nd or 3rd option.
Sorry troll. Go watch Purdoo. Your ignored now. Buh bye

Yeah. I also was a huge Dan Marino fan growing up, so I liked the Dolphins. What you got to say about that?

I think we just approach our sports fandom differently. I never sat down and picked the teams I was going to root for as a kid. I was born and raised here and conditioned (i.e. brainwashed) by the old man to root for the local teams. We’re fans of the Hoosiers, Pacers, Colts, and Reds and that’s not subject to change. I graduated from IU but got my postgraduate degree from another school that at the time had a pretty entertaining basketball team that made some deep runs in the tourney. I never darkened the door of that arena and don’t regret it. The mentality of, “oh, I like Dan Marino” or “oh, I live in GA now” so I think I’ll be a fan is just not something I can relate to.

Reactions: HooDatGuy
I think we just approach our sports fandom differently. I never sat down and picked the teams I was going to root for as a kid. I was born and raised here and conditioned (i.e. brainwashed) by the old man to root for the local teams. We’re fans of the Hoosiers, Pacers, Colts, and Reds and that’s not subject to change. I graduated from IU but got my postgraduate degree from a school that at the time had a pretty entertaining basketball team that made some deep runs in the tourney. I never darkened the door of that arena and don’t regret it. The mentality of, “oh, I like Dan Marino” or “oh, I live in GA now” so I think I’ll be a fan is just not something I can relate to.
Yeah I’m similar. My parents weren’t even big sports fans but growing up in the Chicago area it was Bulls, Cubs, Blackhawks, Bears and there was never really any other option. I knew a lot of people that would claim some relative from northern Wisconsin and root for the Packers, they were all losers.

I spent a lot of Saturdays when I was young in South Bend cheering on the Irish. I still love the Irish. I’d never root for them over the Hoosiers though. That’s my school.

Couldn’t imagine my allegiances being swayed by a significant other or f*cking Dan Marino.

I think we just approach our sports fandom differently. I never sat down and picked the teams I was going to root for as a kid. I was born and raised here and conditioned (i.e. brainwashed) by the old man to root for the local teams. We’re fans of the Hoosiers, Pacers, Colts, and Reds and that’s not subject to change. I graduated from IU but got my postgraduate degree from another school that at the time had a pretty entertaining basketball team that made some deep runs in the tourney. I never darkened the door of that arena and don’t regret it. The mentality of, “oh, I like Dan Marino” or “oh, I live in GA now” so I think I’ll be a fan is just not something I can relate to.
Hilarious. “I was born and raised here and conditioned (i.e. brainwashed) by the old man to root for the local teams”.

Your just proved how full of shit you are. And just because somebody grew up and has always been an IU (or other) fan doesn’t mean I they can’t root for other teams. BTW - The Colts weren’t in Indianapolis when I first became an NFL fan. There was no local team. You just don’t know dick little boy!

Hilarious. “I was born and raised here and conditioned (i.e. brainwashed) by the old man to root for the local teams”.

Your just proved how full of shit you are. And just because somebody grew up and has always been an IU (or other) fan doesn’t mean I they can’t root for other teams. BTW - The Colts weren’t in Indianapolis when I first became an NFL fan. There was no local team. You just don’t know dick little boy!
How bout them Dawgs! You think Vandagriff takes over for Daniel’s at some point this year?

You think Penix can stay healthy? Do you really even care?

Most of the Dolphins fans I knew growing up were Marino jock-sniffers or pathetic PU fans who rooted for the Dolphins because of Bob Griese. Losers all the way around. So your Dolphins fandom makes sense...

Reactions: DANC
I will agree that what we HAVE been is closer to TN. But that’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying that our moves mirror similar to UGA did when they brought in Kirby Smart. And that’s a good thing for the program. That’s all.
As much as I like Woody, I think Kirby was much more of both a known entity on the college coaching world and considered far more of a “sure thing” than MW. To be fair, Will Muschamp was also a sure thing, as were Scott Frost and Kevin Sumlin, and Steve Sarkesian was very close. It’s fleeting, highly unpredictable and dependent upon a good number of things over which the coach has partial control, at best.

Has UGA really exploded back on the scene? I feel like they’ve been the 4th to 10th best team in football for like a decade now.

They’re still light years from challenging Bama or Clemson.

The Dawgs have had 47 winning seasons since 1964 and 23 winning seasons in the last 24 years!

Georgia fans, I feel for you.

But as Red said in Shawshank...
"Hope is a dangerous thing. Hope can drive a man insane."

• Haha
… in basketball. I moved to Georgia just a few years before the turn of the century. I quickly became a Dawgs fan since the woman I dated and married was a huge Dawgs fan.

I watched Mark Richt teams do a good job, but they never seemed to be able to win any big games. They beat the teams they were supposed to beat, but if it was close or a big stage, more times than not, they choked or flat got blown out.

Then comes Kirby Smart. The first things that started to happen were additional roles to support the program and build the brand. Tons of off field roles that were never there were created and huge sums of money spent on facilities to compete with or leave other programs in the dust.

As I watch the investment that Fred Glass pushed for IU facilities, I believe IU to be in pretty good shape when it comes to facilities. What has been missing is the MACHINE. The roles and operations side of things that flat needs to be there to support a national program. When UGA built that, the recruiting and everything else fell into place. They started getting not only better players, but those that just happened to fit right, and those that made surprising jumps in rankings because UGA did their homework. In less than two years, they played for a NC and every year they are in the conversation, which is where we want IU basketball to be.

Fact is, a head coach and a few assist coaches for a national program just isn’t enough anymore. There is a ton of work that goes into scheduling, recruiting, branding and all the other aspects of running what is effectively a small to mid sized company.

Seeing what IU is doing really does remind me of the articles and such that I read before UGA exploded back on the scene. And this has me very optimistic for the future of IU basketball!
Relative to our peers our facilities haven’t improved. If anything we’ve gone backwards. We go small and minimal on every project. We’re in the bottom 1/3 of the conference across the board in basketball and football overall facilities.

• Haha
Relative to our peers our facilities haven’t improved. If anything we’ve gone backwards. We go small and minimal on every project. We’re in the bottom 1/3 of the conference across the board in basketball and football overall facilities.
Bottom third? That’s not accurate. We’re not in the top third, either, but to say we’re in the bottom third simply isn’t based on anything you’ve seen.

Has UGA really exploded back on the scene? I feel like they’ve been the 4th to 10th best team in football for like a decade now.

They’re still light years from challenging Bama or Clemson.
light years? have you seen how close their games with Bama have been in recent years??

Jeezus, here we go again......

Sorry troll. Go watch Purdoo. Your ignored now. Buh bye

Lol.... you just got Farva'd.

Not the first, nor last.

3377019-maxresdefault.jpg

The slack jawed hillbillies are out in force.... I only hope they wear their drool bibs and safety helmets while posting.

Thank you for being reasonable. I don’t get why some dip shits are attacking me on this. This is a complement to IU basketball. Not trying to start a B1G vs SEC fight here. Just trying to explain the similarities. If IU BB a can be on the same trajectory, that’s a good thing…
I agree with you. I don’t understand some of these posts dumping on your analogy. GA happens to be in a conference with two NFL teams basically playing in front of them. I think they are doing pretty damn well.

Bottom third? That’s not accurate. We’re not in the top third, either, but to say we’re in the bottom third simply isn’t based on anything you’ve seen.
Rutgers, Maryland, Northwestern, maybe Illinois…who else?

At this point in time Georgia is a top 5 program
After OSU, Alabama and Clemson there are a few schools vying for the 4/5 spots.

Oklahoma
ND
UGA
LSU

I’d agree that UGA is probably 4 but it’s not definitive by any means. If they could actually beat Alabama once in a while and stop pointing at close losses I think it would be definite.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT