ADVERTISEMENT

I see Franklin has lost three 4* recruits in the last week...

Looks like Josh Fryar is on an official visit to PSU this weekend. Seems like we don't have great odds with him, but still a good weekend for us for him to visit Penn State

Reactions: vesuvius13
Maybe we should start calling him shady Franklin! That's a lot of turnover for PSU, let alone any program. Odd because they seemed to be trending up. Like you guys said i hope this leads to us getting Cole Brevard.

Maybe we should start calling him shady Franklin! That's a lot of turnover for PSU, let alone any program. Odd because they seemed to be trending up. Like you guys said i hope this leads to us getting Cole Brevard.
Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but remember their Bowl Game against Kentucky last New Year's Day? Trey McSorely went down with a leg injury early in the second half. If my memory is correct, it was later determined that this was some form of a fracture. Yet after sitting out one series they allowed him to return to the game and play on one leg the rest of the half. Not sure how much of this to put on Coaching and Staff and how much on McSorely who knew he was playing his last college game. Maybe the word is getting out that Penn State doesn't value the health and well being of the Player.

My guess on “why” is that the guys in the portal knew they weren’t gonna start/play, and the recruits saw the competition and felt the same way.

Franklin can replace them, and does.

“Welcome to Big Boy football.
The Portal is over there.”

Within 2 more seasons, when 95% of the kids who didn't start go to the Portal ASAP, that thing will slam shut.

Schools don’t invest hundreds of millions in athletics just to let 19 year old kids turn it into an unmanageable waste of investment.

I’m more inclined to give them 6 years to play 4. If you can’t crack the lineup in 6, you need a degree, not a helmet anyway.

This shopping spree needs to end.

My guess on “why” is that the guys in the portal knew they weren’t gonna start/play, and the recruits saw the competition and felt the same way.

Franklin can replace them, and does.

“Welcome to Big Boy football.
The Portal is over there.”

Within 2 more seasons, when 95% of the kids who didn't start go to the Portal ASAP, that thing will slam shut.

Schools don’t invest hundreds of millions in athletics just to let 19 year old kids turn it into an unmanageable waste of investment.

I’m more inclined to give them 6 years to play 4. If you can’t crack the lineup in 6, you need a degree, not a helmet anyway.

This shopping spree needs to end.

Your over exaggerating how many kids transfer because they cant play. I dont think it's that big of an epidemic the media just blows it up everytime it happens. There are way too many kids leaving to say oh they couldnt hack it so they left. They had 14 in the transfer portal on top of those who graduated this year. And some of those transfer would have played for sure. And these kids are 4 star kids they arent low to mid 3s who might not see the field. Something is wrong over their and it has nothing to do with the kids and if they see playing time.

Your over exaggerating how many kids transfer because they cant play. I dont think it's that big of an epidemic the media just blows it up everytime it happens. There are way too many kids leaving to say oh they couldnt hack it so they left. They had 14 in the transfer portal on top of those who graduated this year. And some of those transfer would have played for sure. And these kids are 4 star kids they arent low to mid 3s who might not see the field. Something is wrong over their and it has nothing to do with the kids and if they see playing time.

Lots to think about.

The NCAA restricts access to the actual list, but several May articles estimated that since October, 720 players had signed up, and over 400 were still in it - had not found a spot.

If 25 guys are a full recruiting class, that it is 29 complete classes.
There are 130ish D-I schools and 125ish D-IAA schools.

And it’s just getting started.

The rule doesn’t “require” a school to let a guy return. So the idea that a player should be the focus, and get to go where they want, with more freedom, is not accurate for most. Schools will approach that different.

Kids have always been able to transfer. This just makes it a more public event, where the schools get an early list of guys available. Like the “waiver wire” in MLB baseball.

But ... Player “development” over time - that schools like IU have to EXCEL at to catch the “Historical Haves” - is at more risk. So schools need to manage better - find the kids who will stick.

Roster management is more of a pain than ever ... at least u til the toy gets broken.

Reactions: Chriselli and 76-1
Yeah - I shouldn’t have posted that. In poor taste. Agreed. Amazing how a school can recover so well from that.

It takes a mature adult to own their mistake ... some on this board would double down. Thank you for showing class ...

the NCAA dropped the ball with PSU, the sanctions did not fit the the negligence, poor judgment, and win at all cost attitude displayed by those that were supposed to be caring for those that needed it the most. I can get past a school giving $$$ to kids who brings in millions if not billions to the NCAA. It ain’t alright, but it sure doesn’t begin to compare to adults turning their back on kids, young kids, who will have to live with a lifetime of scars.

I know I’ve got on my soap box about this before, but I’ve worked in the system and know the pain and suffering that these kids and families have to live with. Pray that you and your family never have to experience it.

But ... Player “development” over time - that schools like IU have to EXCEL at to catch the “Historical Haves” - is at more risk. So schools need to manage better - find the kids who will stick.

Roster management is more of a pain than ever ... at least u til the toy gets broken.
I think it could actually work the other way...it could get tougher for the traditional powers to stockpile all the talented kids just to sit for four years.

It takes a mature adult to own their mistake ... some on this board would double down. Thank you for showing class ...

the NCAA dropped the ball with PSU, the sanctions did not fit the the negligence, poor judgment, and win at all cost attitude displayed by those that were supposed to be caring for those that needed it the most. I can get past a school giving $$$ to kids who brings in millions if not billions to the NCAA. It ain’t alright, but it sure doesn’t begin to compare to adults turning their back on kids, young kids, who will have to live with a lifetime of scars.

I know I’ve got on my soap box about this before, but I’ve worked in the system and know the pain and suffering that these kids and families have to live with. Pray that you and your family never have to experience it.

I’ve got a very, very twisted, warped style of sarcasm. It comes out at the most inopportune times. I do apologize for that one. I had a co-worker who was a Penn State grad and he was defiant about the sanctions. He never mentioned the offender by name but was outraged that Joe Pa took such a heavy burden out of all of it. He truly believed that nobody in the university ever knew about it through all the years. That really stuck with me.

I’ve got a very, very twisted, warped style of sarcasm. It comes out at the most inopportune times. I do apologize for that one. I had a co-worker who was a Penn State grad and he was defiant about the sanctions. He never mentioned the offender by name but was outraged that Joe Pa took such a heavy burden out of all of it. He truly believed that nobody in the university ever knew about it through all the years. That really stuck with me.
I got roasted for posting some sarcastic PSU stuff. Nice recovery. Respectfully.

Tragedy is eventually comedy.

Don’t beat yourself up.

Google “Jerry Sandusky jokes” - you are not alone.
Wait. "Tragedy is eventually comedy?" Nothing about what that asshole did is, or ever will be, funny. But oh, I got it. The fact that there are Sandusky jokes on the internet makes it ok. Just wow.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Saturday Penn State lost ANOTHER 4*, OLB Derek Wingo de-commed. I'm sorry, but that's A LOT of attrition. Hard to believe that it could all just be coincidental.

Not only the decommits but PSU had a mind-blowing 15 guys who transferred out this spring to other programs and another 4 contemplating transfer. All were 3-4 star guys and while several went to smaller programs, it still seems odd. Really odd.

Comedy is frequently at the expense of bad things happening to someone else or laughing at someone else’s physical or mental condition.

Not only the decommits but PSU had a mind-blowing 15 guys who transferred out this spring to other programs and another 4 contemplating transfer. All were 3-4 star guys and while several went to smaller programs, it still seems odd. Really odd.

Went to check their board last night.

There is actually stuff there where folks claim Sandusky is completely innocent and got railroaded.

James Franklin put on some old Vanderbilt gear and was seen in Omaha in Monday, cheering on his former school in the College World Series finals.

I’m sure that was well received in Pennsylvania.
If the B1G office was run by anything but clowns, he might’ve gotten a nasty gram late last night. That dude really annoys me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT