ADVERTISEMENT

I say IU’s record will exceed 4-7 or 2-9. Beat S——! The Gophers!

TomEric4756

All-Big Ten
Sep 20, 2021
Should IU’s Defense land haymakers (doesn’t give up 60+ yd. TDS),
I think IUFB has better than a puncher’s chance vs. Sparty.
Walker is of the style of MSU tailbacks (like Lorenzo Whie) that gave IU defenses fits in the past,
When we didn’t have All-American and All-BiG quality linebacker play.

PS. I think we did a good job minimizing big plays for the most part, but we got too few with the ball.
Setting the edge, was outstanding and Walker was contained.
In the end we didn’t land enough power punches to win.

We didn’t play, but our statistical chances actually improved.
Scarlet Knight and Terrapin losses by wide margins now project to IU wins.
Even losing to MSU, projects to a bucket win in Ross Aide for bowl eligibility.

According to ESPN FPI rankings.

……… Date …….…………. | Opponent … …… | Result | ProjOpp FPI (RK) | Game Score
http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/fpi/_/id/84/indiana-hoosiers

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Nieman
Right now I'd say IU beats Sparty and wins out the last three games. That gets us to 6-6 right there. Also think we beat Maryland on road, that's just me. Not saying blow out, but think we beat them.

7-5 with our record would not be "multiple steps back" maybe not even many. But then imagine IU getting hot and knocking off either or both OSU & UM on road. Imagine a 9-3 IU after running off 7 in a row? That's why I say let the games play out. Anything can happen, things can click, Tuttle may get hot, defense starts getting more takeaways again. I think many of the B10 teams that looked so much better are not necessarily that good, and I"m specifically now suggesting MSU, Minny, MD and PU are in that camp.

Right now I'd say IU beats Sparty and wins out the last three games. That gets us to 6-6 right there. Also think we beat Maryland on road, that's just me. Not saying blow out, but think we beat them.

7-5 with our record would not be "multiple steps back" maybe not even many. But then imagine IU getting hot and knocking off either or both OSU & UM on road. Imagine a 9-3 IU after running off 7 in a row? That's why I say let the games play out. Anything can happen, things can click, Tuttle may get hot, defense starts getting more takeaways again. I think many of the B10 teams that looked so much better are not necessarily that good, and I"m specifically now suggesting MSU, Minny, MD and PU are in that camp.
I%27ll_Have_What_She%27s_Having.jpg

Looks like I could be dramatically wrong.
Not feeling sorry for myself.
Mock me if you must.

I bought a ticket for the Senior day tilt v. Minnesota, the night before the Penn State game.
I still think we can borrow the Illinois strategy and run left.

Bury the Gophers!

Reactions: 76-1 and ESalum86
Minny will run over IU and Purdue will light it up. IU will go 2-10 and have to think long and hard about offseason adjustments because player improvement won't get it done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT