ADVERTISEMENT

I pitched for South Alabama...

IUroe

Benchwarmer
Mar 24, 2010
in the mid 90’s and got knocked around in the Royals organization for a few years after graduation. I grew up in Seymour and am now back here with my wife and kids. Back in the day, my parents would drive down to Mobile for almost every home weekend series in the ole black Caddie STS and boy did my dad just absolutely love those trips. They would take me and about 6 other of my close teammates out to Lone Star Steakhouse on Airport Blvd every Saturday night that they were down... what a blast. My dad couldn’t get enough of it and hanging out with the guys. Now my father and I have season tickets to IU Baseball and get over to Bloomington as often as we can. So tomorrow we are taking the opportunity to head south again on I65 and head back to Mobile for this weekend tournament (used to be called the Coca Cola Classic). I garantee my dad does not get a wink of sleep tonight... he is excited to say the least. And the weather looks great.
If you are going, we will be on the left field alumni players deck watching the games and grilling on the green egg. . If you are going down, safe travels and Happy Mardi Gras! Go Jags! Go Hoosiers!

I’m also looking forward to getting a tour of the new digs...
Jon Lieber Clubhouse reveal

Last edited:
in the mid 90’s and got knocked around in the Royals organization for a few years after graduation. I grew up in Seymour and am now back here with my wife and kids. Back in the day, my parents drove down to Mobile for almost every home weekend series in the ole black Caddie STS and I boy did my dad just absolutely just love those trips. They would take me and about 6 other of my close teammates out to Lone Star Steakhouse on Airport Blvd every Saturday night that they were down... what a blast. My dad couldn’t get enough of it and hanging out with the guys. Now my father and I have season tickets to IU Baseball and get over to Bloomington as often as we can. So tomorrow we are taking the opportunity to head south again on I65 and head back to Mobile for this weekend tournament (used to be called the Coca Cola Classic). I garantee my dad does not get a wink of sleep tonight... he is excited to say the least. And the weather looks great.
If you are going, we will be on the left field alumni players deck watching the games and grilling on the green egg. . If you are going down, safe travels and Happy Mardi Gras! Go Jags! Go Hoosiers!

Great post. I’m from EVV and have lived in Mobile for 20 years. I’m so excited I can’t sleep just like your dad. May I suggest bricketts steak house. Corner of airport and Schillinger. Your dad will love it.

in the mid 90’s and got knocked around in the Royals organization for a few years after graduation. I grew up in Seymour and am now back here with my wife and kids. Back in the day, my parents would drive down to Mobile for almost every home weekend series in the ole black Caddie STS and boy did my dad just absolutely love those trips. They would take me and about 6 other of my close teammates out to Lone Star Steakhouse on Airport Blvd every Saturday night that they were down... what a blast. My dad couldn’t get enough of it and hanging out with the guys. Now my father and I have season tickets to IU Baseball and get over to Bloomington as often as we can. So tomorrow we are taking the opportunity to head south again on I65 and head back to Mobile for this weekend tournament (used to be called the Coca Cola Classic). I garantee my dad does not get a wink of sleep tonight... he is excited to say the least. And the weather looks great.

Thx for sharing you memories with us.

Reactions: snowling and mk23

An Owl? Cool. Former BC Brave here. Glad to know there are "local" guys on the IU Baseball Bandwagon. Have a great weekend with your pops and I'll catch you at the Bart this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: iulb and snowling

I love posts like this. Very cool.

You know you owe a couple of lengthy follow ups, right? One on the game and one on the experience!

Hey OP, I came across this thread when looking up some South Alabama baseball stuff. Glad you and your dad got to make the trip. Hope you guys had a nice trip.

Reactions: Seyton
ADVERTISEMENT